Home Foren Ledger Wallet Die Brieftasche meines Freundes wurde gehackt

• Dieses Thema hat 21 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 1 Monat von vi_wa.
Ansicht von 21 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Sie haben sein Geld abgehoben, nachdem er die Firmware des Geräts aktualisiert hatte. Ich verstehe nicht, wie sie seine Seedphrase bekommen konnten. Er sagte mir, dass er die Seedphrase für das Firmware-Update eingeben musste. Ich habe nur einen Nano S und da ist es möglich, dass man die Seedphrase auf dem Gerät selbst eingeben muss, wenn man es aktualisiert. Er besitzt einen Nano X. Ist es normal, dass man die Seedphrase für das Firmware-Update auf dem Nano X eingeben muss?

x-TASER-x
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Fake Ledger Live. Tell him not to use Google to update firmware or search for Ledger Live.

This is never an issue anyway if ~~you~~ they learned anything from Ledger Academy or know the basics of self custody….

Deep-County9006
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No, have 2 nano x for over a year and never been asked to enter seed when updating firmware

thanassisp
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Voluntarily giving a seed phrase is not a hack

Legitimate-Ad-6385
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Any chance he had a scam version of ledger live and put his seed phrase into the fake ledger live? The only way he had his funds taken was if he put his phrase into an internet connected device, not the physical ledger device

Zealousideal_Neck78
      Gast
      Up
      Down

How can mass adoption ever flourish in the perilous and treacherous environment of crypto? Who will amend, remedy and correct the situation of life savings lost by the millions of poor souls whom fall victim to scams or mistakes made from self custody? We are ridiculously early.

ggamio
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Amateur hour

Toger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

He put the seedphrase _into the ledger_, or was it any other place? It can happen that you have to reload your seed phrase _into the ledger_ after a firmware update, but NEVER anyplace else (like a website or an app on your computer).

Neat-Finger197
      Gast
      Up
      Down

NEVER EVER NEVER enter seed phrase!!!🤦‍♂️

EyesFor1
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Treefiddy

Substantial_Prize_41
      Gast
      Up
      Down

“Your friend” got scammed bro. You never have to put in your seedphrase for a firmware update….

azsxdcfvg
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Your seed is just like cash on the ground. Whoever finds the cash first gets to keep it
      Your friend handed over his cash to some anonymous person because he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

vi_wa
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ok, I could trace the ETH transactions and I found an address going to MEXC exchange. Is there a way for me to find out who he is?

Onastik
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No it didn’t

mottledshmeckle
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Your poor stupid easily ripped off fren…

cryptowalter4572
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Second sentence you don’t understand, third sentence answers your own question. I would assume that everything on your friends Ledger is now comprised.

SpringMission9020
      Gast
      Up
      Down

He was scammed. Seed phrase is not required to do updates of any kind with a hardware wallet.

kun9999
      Gast
      Up
      Down

sorry for your friend loss, in my own experience firmware updating NEVER ask to enter seed phrase. Enter seed phrase only happen when the updating where some ledger devices decided to reset itself.

the only time you need to enter seed phrase is during initial device setup or after 3 pin error reset.

Future-Tomorrow
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Your friend downloaded a fake wallet and gave the scammers his seed phrase. Then, they took all his funds.

If you have to enter your seed phrase to update any wallet, get support from a “DEV” or simply anywhere that you’re not purposely trying to access your old wallet, it’s a scam.

Browsers could do a helluva lot better in protecting customers but I could easily play devil’s advocate to my own arguments and tell you why they won’t.

AdS_CFT_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

“He told me that he had to put the seedphrase in for the firmware update”

The idea of the Ledger is that you never write your seed phrase. So technically he gave his money, not a hack.

AdS_CFT_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Literally just try to think…

Why would it need a password to update the program?

Is it a different update for each seed phrase?

What is even the function of the product I bought?

vi_wa
      Gast
      Up
      Down

his metamask is empty as well. I guess someone has access to his computer or something

Ansicht von 21 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.