Home Foren Ledger Wallet Die Hälfte des Saatguts online und die andere Hälfte offline speichern? Eine gute Idee?

• Dieses Thema hat 5 Antworten und 2 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 11 Monaten von PerceptionIsDynamic.
Ansicht von 5 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Weiß jemand, ob es eine gute Idee ist, die Hälfte des Saatguts (12 Wörter) auf Papier und die andere Hälfte (weitere 12 Wörter) im 1pass-Cloud-Speicher zu speichern? Auf diese Weise ist man weder online noch offline völlig ungeschützt? Wäre es für einen Hacker möglich, den Rest der 12 Wörter zu rekonstruieren, wenn er Zugriff auf die andere Hälfte erhält? Ich schätze Ihre Meinung

blockplate
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Consider [using a passphrase](https://www.ledger.com/academy/passphrase-an-advanced-security-feature) instead if you’re going to store something online.

That way you need [both the seed and the passphrase to access your coins](https://www.blockplate.com/blogs/blockplate/what-is-a-bip39-passphrase).

You won’t have to worry about potential reconstructing the rest of the words (brute forcing).

If someone got access to your seed, they wouldn’t know there would be passphrase attached since the seed by itself is a valid wallet.

If someone got access to your passphrase, you would not be a target given it could be a passphrase for anything.

If you’re interested in more seed security tips, check out r/seedstorage

Caponcapoffstillon
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hacker cannot do much with 6 words I believe, it would still take a long time to brute force

olds-modulus
      Gast
      Up
      Down

On the flip side, if you lose access to one half of your seed what good will the other half do you? If you have the money to invest in crypto and a hardware wallet I think you have the money to invest in fireproof seed storage

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

1pass cloud storage would be exposed, so it leaves you with a 12-word seed.

I cannot see any advantage in doing that, really, even if 12-word missing in a 24-word seed cannot be bruteforced.

PerceptionIsDynamic
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If i can remember the cadet creed from high school, airmans creed, honor guard charge, message of condolence, most of which are several paragraphs i think its worth the time to fully commit it to memory, maybe with a pneumonic or two.

then hide the phrase offline where no one could ever find it as a backup

Ansicht von 5 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.