Home Foren KeepKey Ein weiterer Thread zu Keepkey-Gebühren

• Dieses Thema hat 2 Antworten und 2 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 10 Monaten von evanjdevs.
Ansicht von 2 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe meinen Freunden Keepkey sehr empfohlen, aber das kann ich nicht mehr tun. Die Gebühren sind wahnsinnig hoch. Aus irgendeinem Grund hat sich Keepkey nicht die Zeit genommen, mich entscheiden zu lassen, welche Gebühren ich senden möchte? Auch die Website, die sie angeblich benutzen, “https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/”, scheint ihre Behauptung nicht zu stützen. Dort wird eine Mindestgebühr angegeben, die VIEL VIEL kleiner ist als die Gebühr, die Keepkey mir aufzwingt. Die aktuelle Gebühr für mich ist ~$27 für 1 btc. So hoch die Gebühren auch sein mögen, ich sehe nirgends, dass diese Zahl derzeit belegt ist 🙁

Auwardamn
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Well 2 things…

1) Pricing fees in USD is not intellectually honest because the price of bitcoin rising has more of an effect on the same exact transaction than anything else. At the same exact rate earlier this year, that exact same transaction would have cost less than 15x that in USD simply because the valuation was more than 15x less.

2) Fees are not based on the amount of the money sent, they are based on the size of the transaction. Similar to if I send a check in overnight mail, it doesn’t matter if the check is for $5 or $5M the transaction will cost the same. It’s entirely possible that your transaction consists of many smaller inputs, and a lot of space is required to fit all those inputs in a block to combine them up to 1 BTC.

Segwit is on the roadmap, but more importantly google chrome client apps are obsolete after this year and that is more important. I believe we will see a whole range of features including Segwit and custom fee selection, however it just takes time. Welcome to early adoption. The source code is available if you would like to implement it yourself. You bought a device that does exactly as it claimed to do at the time of your purchase. In the meantime, you have access to your private keys via your seed and can input them into any other wallet of your choosing, or you can use electrum to custom select your fees.

evanjdevs
      Gast
      Up
      Down

All I can say is.. what do you expect from this company? They can’t even develop software for their own product. They just push hardware sales.

With Google’s impending shut down of Chrome apps, I’m taking everything out of this wallet simply because I honestly don’t believe them when they say “we will have a native program/app avilable for use prior to the Chrome app removal.”

Ansicht von 2 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.