Home Foren Trezor Wallet Es gibt NULL Grund für ein Unternehmen, das Hartgeldbörsen anbietet, irgendwelche Kundendaten zu speichern. NULL. Von Ledger wurde nichts gelernt, und es scheint, dass sie wild entschlossen sind, das Verhalten von SAS und Banken nachzubilden.

• Dieses Thema hat 13 Antworten und 2 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 10 Monaten von CBDsutty.
Ansicht von 13 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Das widerspricht dem Ethos des Raums und schafft Angriffsmöglichkeiten. Ich frage mich, wie oft die Behörden schon bei ihnen angeklopft haben (wenn sie das überhaupt müssen, wenn man bedenkt, wie sorglos diese Unternehmen mit ihren Daten umgehen und wie sehr sie Dritten vertrauen). Aus diesem Grund verwende ich Coinkite Coldcards, weil sie dieses ganze Problem vermeiden, indem sie die Bedeutung der Datenknappheit verstehen – so wie Bitcoin es tut. Ich fange auch an, die Notwendigkeit zu überdenken, dass diese Unternehmen überhaupt ihre eigenen Online-Geldbörsen haben, weil das auch zwielichtig ist, eine weitere Sache, mit der Coldcard nicht zu tun hat.

matejcik
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The breach happened at MailChimp, which is the **opt-in** newsletter where you have to enter your e-mail manually again.

It’s true that Trezor might want to change vendors or do the mailing internally.

But like. You entered your e-mail because you wanted to get a newsletter. You can’t get a newsletter unless _someone_ keeps your e-mail on file _somewhere_.

Gast
      Up
      Down

> I wonder how many times government’s have come knocking as well

We actually know this from [the Canary Letter](https://trezor.io/transparency/canary.txt) that Trezor released. And the email breach was an inside job from MailChimp, not from Trezor.

Matrick_Gateman
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Tell me you have no idea about what happened with this “breach” without actually telling me you have no idea about what happened with this “breach” ….

SucaMofo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have not received any emails but I was not signed up for any news letter. Didn’t even know there was a news letter. I have the real Trezor site bookmarked but I have not been to the site in a very long time since everything moved over to Suit.

Not to worried

krims0n32
      Gast
      Up
      Down

To be fair, there is no way to prevent this 100%. Nothing is completely safe or secure. There is always the possibility of user error, staff that gets bribed or blackmailed or whatever. Stuff leaks, this is a fact of life.

And Email is a very unsafe way of communicating as long as the sender cannot be verified. I get these types of emails from banks and creditcard companies almost every day. Same difference.

Also, a download link in an email should be a GIANT RED FLAG to anyone serious about their funds, it being crypto or whatever.

It’s a shame people still fall for this stuff.

AloneDay8829
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I thought Trezor was supposed to delete my information after a certain period of time. Is that not the case?

Huth_S0lo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There kind of is. Yah know, laws and shit. Like, if they want to be a big corporation, they have to follow the rules of the country they’re doing business in.

Technical_Emu_8567
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What’s with all the outrage over this lame phishing attempt? It’s business as usual in crypto. Educate yourself (the phishing email makes zero sense from a technical standpoint) a bit, then you can chuckle while you click “delete” after reading the lame ass email.

BitJohnGalt
      Gast
      Up
      Down

MailChimp in particular is a crappy company. They went woke and decided to appoint themselves the arbiter of truth. This distracted them from safeguarding their customers’ data.

Mailchimp makes its censorship rules official, outlines right to ban users for “inaccurate” content

FrostyMug21
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Any company that produces security products and who partners with 3rd party marketing companies and shares customer details cannot be trusted. It was not terribly long ago that Trezor poked fun at Ledger for their data leak. How the turntables. I don’t care about the semantics, who clicked what, did they opt out, etc. The fact is, they partner with villainous scum and your info was given to them. Now you are being targeted. Flat out. This is why you never, ever, ever trust these companies. Sadly we have to assume that they will do stupid things and stupid things will happen to you as a result. Never give your real name, address or email address. Ever. And stop signing up for marketing trash. Stop trusting these security companies. There is a reason you should have multiple wallets, from multiple vendors. None of them can be trusted and they will always, Always, let you down. I really thought Trezor might be the one to break that general rule. This is sorely disappointing.

lIlIIIOK
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Or you could not use your primary email address?

EfraimK
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I agree. I’m not singling out any particular company or group, but many in the crypto space don’t care about “the space’s ethos.” They care about profits first. Seems like a lesson to be learned here is if there’s a record, there’s a chance for data to be stolen or exploited. So maybe we shouldn’t provide the data in the first place.

CBDsutty
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve been lookking into getting a ledger but can you give me the official Trezor site. The one above didn’t work. On an iPhone

Ansicht von 13 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.