Home Foren Ledger Wallet Fehlt die USDC-App?

• Dieses Thema hat 8 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 1 Monat von StannikJolle.
Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo, in diesem Link (www.ledger.com/coin/usd-coin) steht, dass es möglich ist, eine USDC-App auf dem Ledger-Gerät zu installieren.

View post on imgur.com

Ich habe es versucht, mit meinem Gerät und Ledger Live, aber die App existiert nicht. Anscheinend muss die Transaktion in ETH durchgeführt werden.

Ich habe auch bei Binance nachgeschaut, und dort sind keine USDC gelistet, und es ist nicht möglich, Transaktionen in Binance durchzuführen… Metamask Wallet muss stattdessen verwendet werden.

Also…

1. Gibt es keine USDC-App mehr in Ledger?

2. Wenn ich USDC in meinen Ledger erhalte, wird dann automatisch eine USDC-Wallet erstellt, oder wird sie in ETH akkreditiert?

3. Ich habe gemischte Berichte über USDC gelesen und war überrascht herauszufinden, dass es nicht in Binance gehandelt wird… Sollte ich etwas beachten?

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe!

Edit: Habe den Screenshot hinzugefügt, wo Ledger die USDC-App erwähnt.

crypt0kiddie
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There is no USDC app.

If you’re sending USDC to Ethereum, you want the ethereum app.

If you’re sending USDC to the polygon network, you want the polygon app.

If you’re sending USDC to the Solana and network, you want the Solana app.

So on and so forth.

VariousJackfruit
      Gast
      Up
      Down

USDC is an ERC-20 token, meaning it exists on the Ethereum blockchain. You would just send it to your Ledger’s Ethereum address and you’d see it as a token on that account. (likewise you’d use the device’s Ethereum app)

greenglobones
      Gast
      Up
      Down

USDC has been an ERC-20 token since its inception meaning it runs on the ETH network. The app doesn’t exist because USDC has never had its own network but there are bridged versions of it that run on polygon for example.

So you don’t need to download an app on your device for USDC. Just send it to your ETH address. HOWEVER, ensure that you are sending it over the ETH network first so that they don’t become lost.

flaco545
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As the others have said there is no usdc app, but u can add a usdc account thru the eth app. First go to your eth account on ledger live, then scroll down until u see add token. There u will find usdc erc20, as well as many other erc20 tokens.

tripsteur
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What everyone else said, plus be aware of gas fees

bricarp
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> Is there no more USDC app in Ledger?

There never was a USDC app in Ledger.

Apps in Ledger refer to the networks being used. USDC never had its own network, so it never has had its own app.

USDC is a token on many networks: Ethereum, Solana, and Polygon, just to name a few.

> If I receive USDC to my Ledger, will a USDC wallet be created automatically, or it will be accredited in ETH?

There is no USDC network, so there is no USDC account that could possibly be created. It isn’t necessarily a guarantee that it’s credited in Ethereum. It’s credited in whichever USDC the sender sent to you. If the sender sent you Ethereum USDC, then you will have Ethereum USDC. If the sender sent you Polygon USDC, then you will have Polygon USDC.

Think of “Ethereum USDC” and “Polygon USDC” as separate tokens. They’re not the same.

Tell me what happens if I were to send you DOGE. Would your account get credited with DOGE? Yes. Why does your account not get credited with SHIB when I send you DOGE? Well, the answer is obvious: **DOGE is not the same as SHIB**.

The same can be said about “Ethereum USDC” and “Polygon USDC”. If I send you Polygon USDC, tell me why you don’t receive Ethereum USDC. The answer is equally obvious: **Polygon USDC is not the same as Ethereum USDC**.

> I have read mixed reviews about USDC and was surprised to find out it is not traded in Binance… Should I be aware of something?

There’s been a [stablecoin war](https://np.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/zgn3bm/the_stablecoins_war_has_begun_usdc_is_offering_to/) brewing for quite some time. Last year, Do Kwon (from Terra) famously [Tweeted that “DAI will die”](https://twitter.com/stablekwon/status/1506494471873081352?lang=en). Every entity wants their stablecoin to reign supreme.

USDC is issued by Circle. Circle and Coinbase work hand-in-hand in many ways, so it’s almost equivalent to saying that “Coinbase is the issuer of USDC”.

BUSD is issued by Binance. Binance and Coinbase are competing companies. There’s a reason you can’t buy BNB or BUSD on Coinbase. And there’s a reason why you can’t buy USDC or CRO on Binance.

Binance made [big news last September](https://decrypt.co/110797/stablecoin-markets-shift-binance-usdc-conversions) when it announced that it would no longer support USDC. Coinbase made [big news last month](https://www.coindesk.com/business/2022/12/09/coinbase-asks-users-to-switch-usdt-for-usdc/) when they started to heavily encourage customers to switch out of USDT and into USDC.

Everyone is going to promote their own stablecoin.

Jim-Helpert
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hello, to add to the helpful comments, always receive USDC on your ETH address, sent on the Ethereum network, which requires ETH for gas fees: https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404389645329-Manage-ERC20-tokens

Always do a test transfer

StannikJolle
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Is there any possibility to swap usdc to eth2 on ledger? It says that swapping is not available in my country. Please help 🙏

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.