Home Foren Ledger Wallet Fragen zur Lagerung und Verwendung als Zahlungsmittel

Ansicht von 5 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe gerade vor kurzem begonnen, einige Krypto als eine Investition/Diversifizierung Werkzeug zu kaufen. Ich habe eine Menge Forschung getan, aber ich hatte einige Fragen in Bezug auf Bitcoin oder Ether als eine tägliche Kauf-Lösung. Ich warte auch auf die Lieferung eines Ledger Nano X, die ist, wo ich plane, meine Krypto zu speichern.

Ich habe alles über Seed Phrases und Passphrases gelesen, aber ist Ihre Wallet nicht letztendlich nur so sicher wie das physische Gerät und Ihre Bereitschaft, einem Dieb in die Augen zu schauen und (möglicherweise mit vorgehaltener Waffe) die Geräte-Pin nicht herauszugeben? Haben die meisten Leute ihre Ledger zu Hause versteckt, damit sie bei einem Überfall zu Hause (hoffentlich) nicht gefunden werden?

Offensichtlich würden Sie das Haus nicht mit Ihrer Wallet verlassen wollen, in der Kryptowährungen im Wert von Tausenden von Dollar oder mehr gespeichert sind, nicht aus Angst, sie zu verlieren, weil es einfach genug wäre, sie mit Ihren Seed-Wörtern wiederherzustellen, sondern aus Angst, gezwungen zu werden, Ihre PIN preiszugeben. Wie können Kryptowährungen also in Zukunft für alltägliche Einkäufe verwendet werden?

Natürlich werden Sie nicht in der Schlange vor dem Supermarkt stehen und Ihre Geheimzahl manuell in Ihr Gerät eingeben, so dass sie jeder sehen kann. Ist es denkbar, dass Sie Ihre wichtigsten Geldbörsen zur Aufbewahrung/Investition in einem Nano X mit allen erdenklichen Sicherheitsvorkehrungen haben und dann vielleicht eine kleine Geldbörse auf Ihrem Handy, die FaceID oder einen Daumenabdruck verwendet, um kleine Einkäufe zu tätigen?

Und schließlich: Wie kann man wirklich sicher sein, wenn man etwas mit Kryptowährungen kauft und keine Rückgriffsmöglichkeit hat, wenn die Gegenpartei ihren Teil der Transaktion nicht einhält? Wenn Sie jemandem Ihre Bitcoin im Austausch für eine Ware oder Dienstleistung geben, sind Sie dann nicht dem Risiko ausgesetzt, dass derjenige seinen Teil der Abmachung nicht einhält? Mir ist klar, dass dies bis zu einem gewissen Grad bei Bargeschäften der Fall ist, aber bei Kryptowährungen scheint das Risiko noch größer zu sein.

Ich habe noch weitere Fragen, aber dies scheint ein guter Ort zu sein, um vorerst aufzuhören. Vielen Dank!

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s basically not really different from a debit or credit card, and making purchases with it using a pin code. And everyone is carrying their cards around. But I don’t think a cold wallet is a device that is designed to make purchases with.

On a side note, there’s no crypto stored on a Ledger. Just the keys.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can setup the additional passphrase feature on the Ledger device, which will let you have 2 PIN codes. So you can have a small number of assets on the 1st PIN’s accounts, and the bulk of your savings on the accounts accessed with the 2nd PIN. Keep the accounts from the 2nd PIN deleted from Ledger Live, and only add them back when you really need them, that way if someone sees you open Ledger Live, they won’t have any idea of the existence of those.

https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005214529-Advanced-passphrase-securityg

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Good questions, from my understanding there are a few ways someone can snag all your crypto.

If they have your passphrase they don’t need your device or pin, they can just “restore” your wallet and set their own pin and do whatever they want. This is why it is so important to not type it or take a photo of it.

Another way that you touched on is to steal your device and trick or force you to give up your pin. As someone else mentioned to protect against this you can setup secondary pin with very little crypto so I’d they hold you up at gunpoint you give them the secondary pin and they can’t get much.

For regular POS use I imagine there will need to be some improvements in how to securely use in store, such as utilizing it through a debit card. Or using one hot wallet for daily use and a cold wallet for long term or keeping the bulk of funds. The major problem with that right now is gas fees, no one is going to pay $40 in gas to transfer $20 to a wallet so they can hit McDonalds. Maybe a new Ledger Live feature to allow mobile approved device to conduct small transactions without the need to enter a pin.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I don’t think many are really using crypto for day-to-day purchases yet as for most there’s really no advantage in doing so, but if you did then yes, you’d likely keep most of your funds in a cold wallet and keep your short-term spending money in an online wallet that’s easier to use with a mobile device.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Thanks for the thoughts. I understand that crypto isn’t currently being used for the day to day transactions but thinking about the possible future usage as that might be a big determining factor on the upside potential.

I’ve been planning on using the passphrase as an added security measure (25th word) so can you still use the two pin solution of multiple accounts? In the end I think I would probably just have a second wallet or as we mentioned use a hot wallet for smaller balances.

Is it a bad idea to use the same passphrase for multiple cold wallets? I’m thinking of perhaps hiding the seed words at home or in a safety deposit box and the passphrase (which I can memorize) in a second safety deposit box. Mainly thinking about my heirs and how they would retrieve the funds.

Ansicht von 5 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.