Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ich bin im Moment nicht ganz auf dem Laufenden

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe in letzter Zeit einige Beiträge gesehen, in denen Ledger beschimpft wurde, und konnte nicht nachforschen, warum, da ich mich gerade von einem massiven lebensverändernden Ereignis erhole. Das Einzige, was ich mitbekommen habe, war etwas über gefährdete Seed-Phrasen?

Könnte mich bitte jemand auf den neuesten Stand bringen?

chuoni
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The introduction of the Ledger Recover service gave the impression that it’s somehow possible to extract the private keys from the Ledger device, while Ledger has said in the past that this was impossible.

grandphuba
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger was going to push out a product where they could back up your seed in the cloud if you pay them every month.

That by itself is not the issue, but rather the fact that the way they plan to implement this has revealed that private keys can indeed leave the secure element, which runs counter to the fundamental principle that makes Ledger devices secure in the first place, nevermind the fact it also contradicts to how Ledger has historically marketed their devices.

To top all of this, Ledger (from CEO to CTO to ex-chairman to support) has been keen on antagonizing and gaslighting the people speaking out about this issue i.e. their very customers.

Lastly, beware of the contrarian apologists trying to diminish all of this. They only make sense if you ignore the nuances involved in the issue.

lumpyoatmeal14
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger has always said that the secure element holds your keys and couldn’t export them even if they wanted it to. But, now a firmware update and a new opt-in service allows them to do just that. The problem is not that that they added a new service or pushed a firmware update. The problem is that they introduced an API for doing exactly what their product was designed and marketed to not be able to do. The secure element no longer holds onto keys with no way to get them out even if people wanted it to. Instead, now, the secure element will give up the keys if you ask right. Not giving up keys is a feature, not a bug, and it’s actually the entire purpose of getting a hardware wallet.

Satanicbuttmechanic
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why can I not see all comments? Someone said something about a trollpost, but I can’t see it?

Salvare003
      Gast
      Up
      Down

more FUD…

Mammoth_Lie9681
      Gast
      Up
      Down

>Would someone bring me up to speed please?

Sure. Use Search function here on Reddit.

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.