Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ich habe ein Trezor Model T ausprobiert, es ist irgendwie schrecklich.

Ansicht von 26 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Aufgrund des Ledger FUD habe ich ein Trezor Model T gekauft, um es zu testen.

Das Auspacken und Einrichten war insgesamt angenehm (das Gerät blieb nach dem Laden der Firmware auf dem Gerät hängen und musste manuell neu gestartet werden).

Trezor Suite scheint buchstäblich 12 Blockchains zu unterstützen, nicht einmal einige der wichtigsten afaik. Die Benutzeroberfläche ist in Ordnung, hat aber nicht viele Funktionen, und im Gegensatz zu Ledger muss das Gerät angeschlossen sein, um das Portfolio anzuzeigen. Ich habe nicht versucht Trezor webapp oder die neue, im Grunde nutzlos für jetzt Smartphone app.

Ich habe nicht versucht, Trezor Suite für native Transaktionen, aber Sie müssen zusätzliche Software (Trezor Bridge) für das Gerät zu installieren, um mit MetaMask kommunizieren, aber auch noch, wollte nicht mit FireFox zu verbinden, aber arbeitete auf Brave (könnte mein System sein).

Die Verbindung zu MetaMask/BlockWallet über die Hardware-Wallet und Transaktionen ist sehr glanzlos, keine Gas-Anpassungen, keine Bestätigungen auf MetaMask, nachdem Sie die TX vom Gerät unterschreiben.

Ich mag jedoch die TX-Überprüfung auf dem Gerät und “halten, um zu unterschreiben”, um die Transaktion abzuschließen. Das Display ist ziemlich klein und das Display näher an die Vorderseite des Kunststoffgehäuses zu bringen wäre eine bessere Erfahrung gewesen, hoffentlich ist das mit dem nächsten Gerät für größere Finger behoben, was kein Problem für Ledger-Geräte ist.

TLDR, Ledger ist bei weitem die überlegene Erfahrung, sogar noch mehr, wenn der Stax für die Öffentlichkeit freigegeben wird. Ich hoffe, dass Ledger schnell einige der Probleme beheben kann, die von seinen Nutzern angesprochen wurden, wie z.B. die Verwendung einer separaten Gerätelinie für Ledger Recovery und das Zurückrollen bestehender Geräte mit installierter Firmware und OpenSource, was sie können (Chips von Drittanbietern, die unter NDA stehen, werden schwieriger zu OpenSource, ich glaube, sie wechseln entweder zu einem neuen Lieferanten für sichere Elemente oder entwerfen in naher Zukunft ihre eigenen Chips).

Ledger hat ein großartiges Ökosystem und ich würde es hassen, zu sehen, wie es aufgrund von Problemen, die leicht zu beheben sind, fällt.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

Lucy_ken_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I just feel people are trying to justify their moves
      If you feel ok with your new wallet great and if you’re still fine with ledger that’s great end of story

Possible-Magazine23
      Gast
      Up
      Down

i just got mine and i found it to be prefect for simply hodlings purposes.

picklejewce
      Gast
      Up
      Down

FUD if you will but the Ledger is the clear winner in the hardware wallet wars. Glad they rolled back recover but also don’t think that any hardware device with an interface layer that gets software updates couldn’t get modded by a bad team isn’t subject to potential exploit.

FaceMobile6970
      Gast
      Up
      Down

A completely separate system and device for Ledger Restore is what they should have done.

techma2019
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Would like you to mention you can opt-out of any data collection/analytics/mining of Trezor Suite. And by opting out, the only thing that gets stored for 3 months retention is the actual opt-out flag. On the other hand, Ledger Live suite collects a lot of stuff like IP and transaction details and stores them for no less than 5 years.

Btw I’m not for Trezor either. I don’t like their partnership with Wasabi so I will not be financially supporting them either.

The_Animator420
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I switched to a BitBox02 and have no regrets. It’s a solid device. Open source too

PoPoChao
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Thanks for the review. I am still keeping my ledger and plan to use it as my main hw wallet but I just bought a Trezor for multi sig security alongside my others.

Haruv
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I also bought a model T and while the user experience is a lot worse than ledger, I will probably never be able to trust ledger again. They lied to us, and it took them a long time to listen to community feedback, also what a fucking dumb move like who thought of this 🤣🤣
      Really don’t know what the solution is. Ledger was clearly the best hardware wallets but now there is no clear option. Big rip

AJolly
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You need to enable gas / nonce adjustments in metamask

CorneliusFudgem
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Lmao can’t wait to see the flood of these posts

Also firmware updates on the model T are impossible good luck w those lol 😂

bat-affleck-is-back
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> and you need the device connected to view your portfolio unlike Ledger.

Huh? Dude.. you dont.
      this is basic.

tridentgum
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes I got a trezor model t and basically threw it away 5 minutes after testing it out.

IownHedgeFunds
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Honestly you are right. Trezor is trash 🗑. Looks like it was made so cheap. Im super disappointed it costs 200 dollars.

Immediate_Regret_265
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No need to have the device connected.
      So if you overlook that, what else did you miss..

618Crypto
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m glad I didn’t jump ship. Ledger on.

DreadknotX
      Gast
      Up
      Down

When the stax coming out

3rdeyeopenwide
      Gast
      Up
      Down

My nano s display has a dead row and a column of pixels. It’s 5 years old and has been turned on less then 10 times. Pathetic hardware quality.

Sethdarkus
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So long as the secure element is needed to authorize seed extraction I’m ok with ledger recovery existing

Tiny_Practice_584
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have both and actually like the ledger much better, from a functionality & token access standpoint (minus the 2.21 firmware update, of course), however, for me, Trezor is excellent only for cold storage Hodling of offered digital assets.
      The Tangem Card Wallet on the other hand, is better by far from a pricing as well as a security standpoint and features access to most but not all currencies which should improve with updates and trust that will happen as fast as other the other hardware wallets mentioned here

Familiar-Soup-8213
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Our ledger is fine. Fud was mass hysteria, irrational. Nothing changed with our ledger.

pshirshov
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger has to make it impossible to extract the keys. From what I understand, it would require a completely new device, existing ledgers are all flawed.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

ninjamaster124
      Gast
      Up
      Down

it’s not FUD🤦‍♂️

iammasvidal
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Bitbox 02 is the way

hipstercrypster
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Stop being a kook and get a coldcard. And yea ditch the shitcoins!

Ansicht von 26 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.