Home Foren KeepKey Ist Keepkey pleite gegangen oder wurde geschlossen?

• Dieses Thema hat 9 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 6 Monaten von [deleted].
Ansicht von 9 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe gerade ein paar schreckliche Tage hinter mir, in denen ich mühsam meine BTC aus einer fehlerbehafteten Multibit-Wallet / Keepkey-Kombination herausbekommen habe. Ich habe mehrmals versucht, Keepkey anzurufen, habe Support-Tickets verschickt und habe nichts zurückbekommen. Ich habe sogar versucht, den Leiter der Technik über LinkedIn zu kontaktieren, aber nichts. Ich habe festgestellt, dass die Website Keepkey nicht mehr verkauft. All dies deutet darauf hin, dass das Unternehmen nicht mehr richtig funktioniert. Ich halte es für höchst unverantwortlich, den Eindruck zu erwecken, dass das Unternehmen noch aktiv ist, wenn die Leute das Produkt angeblich als sichere Krypto-Speicherlösung nutzen. Bitte, Keepkey, seien Sie anständig und stellen Sie entweder die nötigen Ressourcen für Ihren Support zur Verfügung oder geben Sie bekannt, dass Sie nicht mehr operativ tätig sind und dass man sich nicht auf weitere Softwareentwicklung/Produktsupport verlassen sollte. Ihre derzeitige Situation bedeutet, dass die Leute unwissentlich Werte mit einem Produkt speichern, das fehlerhaft ist, nicht unterstützt wird usw. Ich bin sehr enttäuscht über das Ergebnis, denn Keepkey/Multibit schien eine solide, ausgereifte Speicherlösung zu sein und der Support war anfangs sehr gut. SEIEN SIE SEHR VORSICHTIG BEI DER VERWENDUNG DIESES PRODUKTS!

Eugenius5092
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It is unfair to describe my post as “FUD”. Let’s look at what I experienced:

1. Support tickets / emails not responded to over 6 day period (apart from automated response).
      2. Phoneline has automated messages. No calls returned.
      3. LinkedIn message not responded
      4. Last blog post on Keepkey website dated 17/4/17
      5. Last blog post on Multibit HD website 18/11/16
      6. Main website says Keepkey out of stock with no updates on whether this would likely change.
      7. Numerous posts on social media from people saying that they have not heard back from support

Given the above I really don’t think it would be unreasonable to assume that the company is not operational or at the very best is in “hibernation” mode. Now for many small tech startups this is not particularly problematic as the software being provided has a peripheral impact on people’s actual lives. Unfortunately in this case Keepkey is in the business of providing software for value storage so the issue of robust and timely support and constant communication with its customers is 100% key to maintaining trust around the product.

As a non-technical person I had to go on a steep and stressful learning curve to move BTC once the Multibit HD wallet/KeepKey stopped working normally. I received absolutely no support from Keepkey. Thankfully I was able to load old versions of the wallet etc. so the issue is now resolved and BTC has been moved. However I have no trust that Keepkey is fully operational and able to support customers in the very sensitive area of value storage so reluctantly I can’t use their products anymore.

Finally, if Keepkey is actually still running then I would strongly recommend management find an intern or other freelancer to properly update blogs/website/twitter/facebook etc. and to at least organise update emails / blog posts if there is a temporary issue with their support operation. A wall of silence is unacceptable. In this area trust is won with difficulty and lost in no time at all.

This issue has unfortunately raised a major problem for me around long-term cold storage of BTC using digital wallets/signing devices as it’s clear to me that you need to be constantly checking whether the startup small companies behind products such as Keepkey or Trezor are actually able to support their operations and customers beyond a timeframe of just a few months.

I hope this post has been helpful and that the management of Keepkey (if it still exists) might take something from this.

giszmo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

In Mycelium we also support and advertise Keepkey. Looking forward to see this resolved.

That said, if Keepkey “just went broke” your excitement is probably not warranted. If it all was a façade that starts falling apart now, then yes, we probably better worry.

Could you elaborate a bit more on the issues you had? In how far could Multibit help you? I pinged Doug and Darin, too, so hopefully we can get this fud sorted out soon.

Eugenius5092
      Gast
      Up
      Down

In the spirit of trying to keep positive have providers ever thought about providing a subscription based solution to wallet/signing device as this maintains a relationship between customers and providers. At present as a customer you pay a once only purchase cost which provides short term cashflow to the provider but there is no longterm connection. I would be very happy to pay a small sub if I received a good level of ongoing support. Relationship is key here.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

bgok
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This is Ken, the Director of Engineering at KeepKey.

KeepKey is alive and well, though we are going through some restructuring, with all the communication and operational challenges that comes along with that. I can’t go into the all of the details now, but there will be some announcements soon (good announcements).

Funds stored by your KeepKey or Multibit are safe, there have been no compromises or anything similar.

We do have support responding to requests. If you have requested support for a KeepKey device, there is a good chance that you have already heard from us in the last few days. If you haven’t, you should hear from us soon.

I realize this response leaves a lot of questions unanswered. I hope to be able to provide more details soon.

tl;dr – Things are fine, please bear with us for a few weeks as we work through some restructuring.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

pythonnooby
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes, I too was wondering the same thing. It seems that the ledger nano has been keeping up with software development and supports more coins than the KK. If they don’t do anything soon or if I don’t see any significant developments in the next month or so I’m ditching my KK.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It is weird that if you search for “KeepKey Wallet” on Amazon, it does not yield their product (you get a list of Trezor products instead!).

That being said, I just got an email response (05/25/17) from KeepKey saying that they expect the KeepKey hard wallet to be back in stock within 60 days.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Been aquired by shapeshift now, so don’t worry about it closing. NO chance.

Ansicht von 9 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.