Home Foren KeepKey Keepkeys enttäuschendes Scheitern bei BCH beweist, dass es nicht konkurrenzfähig ist.

• Dieses Thema hat 16 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 7 Monaten von kisstheblarney.
Ansicht von 16 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Wegwerfartikel für Sicherheitszwecke.

Seit der Abspaltung habe ich hier und auf Twitter fleißig recherchiert und genug gesehen, um zu wissen, dass es keine gute Ausrede dafür gibt, warum die Kunden eines anderen Hardwallets (Sie alle wissen, welches ich meine) sofort von der Abspaltung profitieren konnten und die von Keepkey noch nicht.

Jeder Tag, den Keepkey damit verbringt, Steine zusammenzuklopfen, um eine Lösung für ein Problem zu finden, das andere offensichtlich bereits mit Leichtigkeit gelöst haben, ist ein weiterer Tag, an dem wir zusehen, wie unser Wert verschwindet.

**Warum bauen Sie dieses Flugzeug erst jetzt, nachdem wir bereits abgehoben haben?**

Für diese Situation gibt es nur zwei mögliche Gründe:

1) Keepkey hielt dies nicht für eine große Sache, da wir Kunden nicht wirklich ernsthaft Zugang zu unserem Geld haben wollen und nur wenige von uns überhaupt wissen, was eine Gabel ist.

ODER

2) Keepkey wusste, dass dies eine große Sache war, dass seine Kunden verärgert sein würden, wenn Tage ohne eine Lösung vergehen, und dass viele vielleicht sogar zu einem anderen Unternehmen wechseln würden, aber seine Ressourcen sind so begrenzt, dass es einfach nicht in der Lage war/ist, den Support schneller als im derzeitigen Schneckentempo zu leisten.

**Im Klartext: Entweder ist Keepkey nicht konkurrenzfähig, oder Keepkey kann nicht konkurrenzfähig sein.

Ich bin vielleicht nur ein einziger unzufriedener Kunde, aber ich bin mir sicher, dass ich nicht so ein seltenes Tier bin, und ich werde die Geldbörse wechseln.

AKIP62005
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Thanks foe voicing my frustration

gyulak
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yeah, I also moved to Trezor, lack of communication made me nerveous

traderjoeschmo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ouch! Keepkey had an opportunity to bounce here. They missed it. Nobody mentions Keepkey when talking HD wallets. Always the other 2. I have never had a problem with Keepkey until now. Very disappointing. Look, I would have given you props if you would have just stated the reality of your position and current capabilities. No big deal, I would still have recommended you as a cool, (up and coming), HD tool. Now? I’m not so sure? I could have moved my BTC to my Ledger, which I also own, and gone on my merry way. Would not have thought less of Keepkey and still used it. But now that you have costed me trading $$, I guess the honeymoon is over.

mrtest001
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why are you dependent on KeepKey? with your 24/12 words you can use any other wallet to transfer your BCH.

BcAdm
      Gast
      Up
      Down

such a shame @keepkey…

zertt001
      Gast
      Up
      Down

THESE Turtles SO FUCK WHAT THEY EVEN HAVE NOT ANSWERED .. this shitty company is already clear .. they will soon be closed .. they could not even support the multibit wallet .. all they had to do was to do a nice piece of plastic and shove the firmware from the trezor … these guys do not know how and do not want to work .. they are just idiots .. my opinion .. I already ordered another purse

Soonlar
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Well said and agree. Based on what I’ve seen this week I’ve determined Keepkey can’t compete with the other hardware wallets out there. I also feel there is an air of distrust with them now in how they are handling/communicating updates of the BCH fork and the timing of what they are doing. On reddit and on twitter all I see is over promising and under-delivering, this is such a failed communication strategy.

I plan to get a different hardware wallet and unsubscribe from the heated mess.

yate
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Agreed. I think it’s clear they only just started working on BCH the day of the fork.

jamesdpitley
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You do realize that BCH is falling and it’s probably going to continue to fall for a while before it stabilizes. No exchanges were accepting BCH transfers during the time that it actually had a “OMG WOW” price.

Be patient. The fact that you’re being forced to HODL it right now may be a blessing in disguise.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you look at their site :

https://www.keepkey.com/2017/07/31/bitcoin-cash-keepkey/

I get the impression the beta version of their software could maybe transfer bch. Mind you, it’s getting late now and this shouldn’t be a beta feature – it should have been released to prod by now for sure.

puffman123
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I moved my KeepKey funds to a Trezor. It’s too bad because at one point it looked like they had the superior product. Oh well, at least it kept my funds secure while I Used it. I’ve moved on to greener pastures. Looking to get a Ledger now so i can see first hand which product is the best.

ratcheer
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve said this in several places, directly and indirectly. While KeepKey says they are “working hard” on new product and “exciting changes”, what they are presenting to *the customer* (remember them??) is “fuck you”. Especially when there are actual issues to deal with like the fork (remember that??)

They can’t spend five minutes out of their precious day, and assign some lackey to just post “yep still here”? Especially since by their negligence people may be losing real money (btw isn’t that actionable??)

If this was a romantic relationship it would be called ghosting.

Fortunately, there are other potential ‘partners’ out there, eager for our business and willing to demonstrate it by simply showing up. Which is an absurdly low standard that KeepKey can’t seem to be bothered with.

I’m beginning to suspect their breathless few posts about “exciting changes” are just a decoy – meanwhile the lawyers fire the last employees and sell off the furniture.

Like many a bad relationship it’s partly my own damn fault – I actually have a Nano, unused in its box.

evanjdevs
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Right there with you.

bobdowntherabbithole
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The KeepKey team would like to assure our customers that we have fully deployed our resources to complete the Bitcoin Cash (BCH) implementation as soon as possible. We understand your frustrations and are 100% focused on enabling BCH. We will announce as soon as the beta release is ready as well as when the full BCH implementation is complete. Thank you for your patience and continued support of the KeepKey solution.

termc
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Gonna be interesting to see what the “exciting news” will be August 15/ 16 or whatever the date is the “exciting news” will be on.

kisstheblarney
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I would like to sign my private keys for the byteball airdrop so I downloaded multibit and signed my private keys. Unfortunately I am only able to sign my first private keys that only contain a fraction of the bitcoin that I control with my keep key. I would like to consolidate my bitcoin into one address and sign thte private key in order to receive the maximum possible from the airdrop but I am concerned that I will not be able to recover my bitcoin cash.

Ansicht von 16 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.