Home Foren Trezor Wallet Können geheime Passphrasen mit Gewalt erzwungen werden?

• Dieses Thema hat 7 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 2 Monaten von NorrisK.
Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe zwei Trezors gekauft, um mein Erbe zu planen. Ich habe nur eine Verwandte, die jünger ist als ich. Sie lebt in meinem Heimatland, ich habe sie seit Jahren nicht mehr gesehen, und ich habe nicht vor, zurückzukehren. Ich lebe praktisch auf der Straße und habe keinen festen Wohnsitz. Mein btc befindet sich in einer Mycelium-Wallet auf einem alten Tablet, das nicht mehr geladen wird.

Ich habe zwei der alten, einfachen Trezor-Wallets, bei denen die Firmware manuell installiert werden musste. Bei einer habe ich den Mycelium-Seed mit zwölf Wörtern importiert und das ist in Ordnung. Ich werde eine geheime Wallet erstellen, das Passwort wird der Name einer zufälligen Person aus der Geschichte sein. Als PIN setze ich das Geburtsdatum dieser Person. Ich verschiebe die btc dorthin und stelle sie dann auf dem anderen Trezor wieder her, damit sie identisch sind.

Der Plan ist, dass ich eine Wallet behalte, die andere geht an meinen Verwandten mit Anweisungen. Ich schicke auch sechs der Wörter. Das war’s. Ich vertraue ihr, aber die Sicherheit ist für den Fall, dass sie ausgeraubt wird. Ein Dieb hätte also die Wallet, sechs Wörter und das Wissen, dass es eine geheime Wallet gibt, die auf einem Namen basiert. Aber sonst nichts.

Ich habe bei mir: die andere Wallet, die anderen sechs Wörter und die Identität der geheimen Person aufgeschrieben. Wenn ich sterbe, hinterlässt mein Testament alles meiner Verwandten und ich muss hoffen, dass sie es herausfindet.

Was meinen Sie dazu?

kaacaSL
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hi! You say that you imported your Mycelium seed to Trezor. That is not a good practice, as the main role of Trezor is that it generates the private keys (represented by a seed) directly on the hardware wallet, so the keys are never exposed to an online environment.
      Check this post where we explain it in more detail: [https://www.reddit.com/r/TREZOR/comments/sg8p60/import_of_a_hot_wallet_seed_to_trezor/](https://www.reddit.com/r/TREZOR/comments/sg8p60/import_of_a_hot_wallet_seed_to_trezor/).

You should create a new wallet with Trezor and transfer the funds from your Mycelium-created wallet to it.
      Regarding the strength of the passphrase, please read our blog post to get an idea of what a strong passphrase looks like: https://blog.trezor.io/is-your-passphrase-strong-enough-d687f44c63af.

matejcik
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> Can secret passphrases be brute forced?

Yes if they’re weak.

Knowing that you posted this, I will generously assume that you’re picking out of a list of 100 000 historical figures. If I can get my hands on the full seed phrase, I’m going to be able to brute-force this in a couple seconds probably.

With six words known and six missing, I’ll need to brute-force 66 bits from the words, minus 4 bits of checksum, gives me 62 bits to go through, which is juuust about where it’s not worth the robbers’ time to try. But totally doable if you’re a three letter agency.

With the Trezor in hand, brute-forcing the PIN is not feasible because you only get 16 tries.

…however, because this is a Trezor One, a skilled hardware hacker will crack it open, extract the seed via the Kraken hack, which will incidentally also tell them the PIN. Then it’s just a matter of looking up people born in that year. (or on that day, if your pin is DDMMYYYY).

In conclusion, figure out a better passphrase scheme. Multiple words would be cool — a sentence out of a book, a verse of a poem, etc.

SilverTruth7809
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes its possible to brute force a passphrase but 102^50 is a lot, its even more then 2048^24

SkavensWhiteRaven
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’d be more concerned about the void of a lost wallet.
      And posting how you plan to store your wallet on Social Media.

I like permanent storage surfaces.
      You can emboss just about any metal surface.
      And simple encryption algorithms.
      Wikipedia should be helpful.
      A simple example would be a Caesars Cypher

>The Code Book: The Science of Secrecy from Ancient Egypt to Quantum Cryptography

>ISBN-13: 978-1387346080

Is also a great read.

ta1no
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Use multiple words for a passphrase and combine lower case and upper case and good luck to anyone trying to brute force that and your seed phrase…

Example: ***This is MY PassPhrase and there is NONE other like it!***

Also, remember you should NEVER write down your passphrase and it should be something you would easily remember, like a sentence, poem, etc…

lifemagiccat
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Thanks for the replies. I get the message that a simple name is hackable.

It’s an awkward situation because I’m alone and my relative isn’t tech savvy. We don’t actually speak, so it needs to be something that is written down.

The reason I kept the mycelium seed is that it’s twelve words I can memorise.

Before my tablet broke I used encryption and complex passwords to hide the seeds of various wallets, but the couldn’t remember anything so couldn’t unencrypt the files. Luckily the tablet still boots so I could get the seeds from the wallets still.

It’s a hard balance. Thanks for the help. I’ll go back to the drawing board.

NorrisK
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The PIN part doesnt really matter as full access can be restored with just the seeds and the hidden passphrase. PIN would only be relevant if you expect the relative to use the actual trezor, which is very unlikely by the time she would inherit it.

Maybe also consider using a different hidden passphrase as the PIN you set based on this is not strong anyway. Best to go with something that wasnt shared online.

Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.