Home Foren Trezor Wallet Längerer Seed vs. längere Passphrase?

• Dieses Thema hat 6 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 1 Monat von Crypto-Guide.
Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Es scheint, dass mit einer Passphrase (nicht aus einer Liste von 2\^11 vordefinierten Wörtern, sondern aus beliebigen Buchstaben und Zahlen, die vom Benutzer ausgewählt werden) viel Entropie erreicht werden kann.

Sollte ich mich für einen 12-Wort-Seed und eine relativ lange Passphrase entscheiden (es könnte sogar ein Gedicht oder so etwas sein, aber ich denke da eher an ein paar zusammenhängende Wörter)?

Oder 18 (unterstützt TREZOR 18-Wort-Seeds?) mit einer mittleren Passphrase?

SilverTruth7809
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Seed 2048^24

Passphrase 50^102

I would use a 24 word seed and a good passphrase.

3_Thumbs_Up
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I think you’re thinking of this in the wrong way. It seems to me that you’re thinking of the seed and passphrase of 2 different tools that both do the same thing, providing entropy.

I think you’re better of as thinking about it as 2 different tools that are optimized to protect you against different kind of attacks.

The seed is your source of entropy and is your protection against brute force attacks. The seed should provide you with all the entropy you need, and you should never expose your seed to the internet in any way.

As you’re unlikely to remeber your seed, you should probably write it down and store it securely somewhere. That however creates a new attack vector, a physical one. A passphrase is an additional layer of security that protects you in case the physical copy of your seed gets compromised. That way your bitcoins are protected by 2 things, something you have, and something you know.

a2468b
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There no need for any of this. It all comes to personal preferences based on your risk appreciation. Remember that making things very complex can also increase the risk of locking you out of your wallet as well.

Although I must add that I think using a passphrase is good practice.

And Trezor does not support 18-word seedphrases.

brando2131
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The two aren’t mutually exclusive

blaze1234
      Gast
      Up
      Down

24-word mnemonic for sure

The passphrase should also be randomly generated, no human choice involved.

Diceware is good with the long list

Crypto-Guide
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor supports 18 word seeds, but you might as well go to 24 to get the maximum benefit from the BIP39 checksum.

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.