Home Foren Trezor Wallet Nur neugierig auf gehackte Trezors

• Dieses Thema hat 8 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 9 Monaten von Zerogrinder.
Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Wie werden Trezors gehackt? Ich habe meinen Anteil an Beiträgen über Leute gesehen, die gehackt wurden, und bin irgendwann neugierig geworden. Ich habe auch einen eigenen Trezor und wollte irgendwie wissen, ob ich ihn besser sichern kann. Außerdem hat ein Cousin einen gebrauchten Trezor T gekauft und mich gebeten, ihn zu löschen und die Firmware 5x auf einem alten Computer, den wir nicht mehr benutzen, neu zu installieren, weil ich irgendwie ein Schwarzseher bin. Aber brauchen Hacker nicht die eigentliche Trezor, um an sie heranzukommen?

Lonely_whatever
      Gast
      Up
      Down

People usually are hacked because of not securing their seed phrase. So the hacker does not “hack” the device, they just find out the seed phrase.

For hacking the device itself, the hacker would need to have physical access to Trezor and even then the hack will not be an easy one requiring deep knowledge, skills and complicated devices. And obviously a working way of hacking the device (which are usually patched by Trezor)

So unless you have millions and someone really skilled will try to get your physical device, you don’t need to worry about it. Even if they do get the device, you can withdraw your money while they are hacking the device.

On the other hand, keep your seed phrase very very safe. Don’t type it anywhere

Coctailer
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you store your passphrase on your computer, or in the Notes app on your iPhone, you are at risk.

Pen, paper, and a safe.

Put your stored coins on the Trezor, and lock it up.

Keep a little crypto on your hot wallet for purchases.

I’m not a “trader” so my Trezor will be unplugged for months at a time. If I get a little too much in my Jaxx wallet, I’ll transfer it offline.

musecorn
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The devices don’t get hacked, the people do. You are the weakest point of your Trezor. Don’t give your seed phrase to anyone, don’t type it into anything.

seambizzle
      Gast
      Up
      Down

difference between being hacked and being negligent. People who get their bitcoin stolen from their trezors are due to negligence, not being hacked

kaacaSL
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hi, Trezor devices have never been hacked remotely. With a special equipment and a physical access to your Trezor the device can be hacked, but if you use the Passphrase feature (the stronger the passphrase, the better), your coins are fully protected even in such situation.

Therefore, we can say that a strong passphrase protects your funds ultimately. Though it should be added that once forgotten passphrase cannot be recovered anyhow.

Please learn more about passphrase at https://wiki.trezor.io/Passphrase

StiltonG
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m curious why your cousin (or anyone) would buy a *used* Trezor? They’re not exactly over-priced. You can easily buy a new one directly from Trezor to be safe. How much money would he have saved buying a used one?

When your cousin bought the used Trezor, did you re-set it with a new, random 24 word recovery seed?

Unclestanky
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yeah, people claim they were hacked but they made mistakes compromising their security. Hacked is just easier on the ego than “I’m my own bank now, and I left the keys on the table”.

Zerogrinder
      Gast
      Up
      Down

They don’t

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.