Home Foren Ledger Wallet Satz zur Wiederherstellung des Hauptbuchs

• Dieses Thema hat 7 Antworten und 2 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 10 Monaten von pringles_ledger.
Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

also wenn ich mein Ledger verliere, könnte ich meine Wallet wiederherstellen, indem ich meine Wiederherstellungsphrase auf einem neuen Gerät eingebe. aber sie sagen auch, dass alles, was mit einer Ledger-Wallet zu tun hat, offline ist. aber dann sagen Sie mir. wie kann ein neues Ledger-Gerät meine Wiederherstellungsphrase erkennen, wenn alles offline ist. das bedeutet, dass meine Wiederherstellungsphrase irgendwo auf einem Server oder etwas gespeichert ist, wenn ich mich nicht irre? kann mir jemand dabei helfen, denn ich habe meinen Kopf für eine Weile darum gewickelt und ich kann es nicht herausfinden.

sciencetaco
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Welcome to the wonderful world of maths and cryptography!

The 24 word recovery seed represents a very large random number. From that number all your keys and addresses are derived. Your coins are stored in the blockchain and your keys provide access.

No data needs to be stored on Ledger’s server. You can import the same recovery seed into any other wallet and access your coins. The recovery process can be done offline.

This article explains it better:

https://bitcoinbriefly.com/ultimate-guide-to-bitcoin-wallets-seeds-private-keys-public-keys-and-addresses/

_0xp
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I had this exact same question a few months ago and let me tell you, once you do actually understand its working, it will blow your mind.

In the simplest explanation possible however (without being technical), these 24 words generated on your Ledger are a part of a list of 2048 words that have been set as a standard in the crypto industry. Each seedphrase (24 words) is connected to a particular set of wallets and those sets of wallets can only be accessed using these 24 words.
      This is all done using various mathemical algorithms and there is no database that stores the relation between each seedphrase and the accounts linked to it because there are a very huge number (2048^24) of possible combinations. To give you a reference, that number is more than the number of atoms in the entire universe and it would take more than a billion years to access every single wallet even if we used all the computational power from all the devices on the entire planet.

If you want to learn more, I would recommend you read up a bit about cryptography first, specifically about asymmetric or public key encryption systems.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Nope, your recovery phrase is not stored on any server.

It is your private master key. A bit like your home key if you want. Except that if you lose your home key, a locksmith can open your door and change the lock. With crypto, breaking the lock or picking it is not possible, so dont lose your seed/recovery phrase!!!

Wammakko
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Short answer is your wallet is mathematically derived from the words + passphrase you feed into it, so yes, new device works with old phrase.

drive_causality
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This is my theory on how I think it works. The Ledger Live software doesn’t know your private key but it does know your public key. So when you do the recovery process on a new Nano device by entering your seed phrase and if it generates a key pair with the same public key, then you’re able to access those accounts.

samcraenen05
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ohhhh tysm everyone. This really helping a lot. So to clear things up. I can see a ledger device as a calculator and the phrase is like a simple sum. So when i type my sum into my calculator the result is another number what is equal to my wallet?

pringles_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hello, how this works is as follows: your 24-word recovery phrase can be seen as a form of master key, which all your crypto addresses’ private keys are derived from. As such, if you enter the exact same 24 words, it’ll give the same result after deriving from it.

Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.