Home Foren Ledger Wallet Seed Phrase ohne Ledger Live wiederherstellen, möglich?

Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Angenommen, ich möchte die Verwendung von Ledger Live vollständig vermeiden, aber ich möchte trotzdem meinen Nano S verwenden. Mein Plan ist es, Sparrow mit meinem Nano S zu verwenden, aber ich möchte nicht die von Ledger generierte Seed-Phrase verwenden. Ich möchte mein eigenes, zufällig generiertes Seed eingeben und es mit Sparrow verwenden. Kann ich die Seeds direkt in meinen Nano S eingeben, ohne Ledger Live zu verwenden?

sciencetaco
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The seed is *always* entered directly into the device using the device’s screen and buttons. During setup you are asked if you want to enter your own seed or have the device generate one for you.

Any software asking you to enter the seed in your computer is scamming you.

t81_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Oh boy, this is getting better and better. Let me grab my popcorn

CoverYourMaskHoles
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Please be careful. Your funds are tied to your seed not the ledger device. You sound like you don’t quite understand how this works. Messing around without understanding blockchain will potentially end up with you losing your funds or locking yourself out.

If you want to use your ledger device with another software wallet like metamask, you should be able to connect it without typing in your seed phrase anywhere. If you want to keep your funds you will have to create a new wallet with new seed while also having access to your old seed. Transfer your funds to to the new address attached to the new seed and then clear your ledger device and recover your new seed on the ledger device. Then you can attach it to something other than Ledger live and use, but the process to attach it should NEVER include entering your seed into anything other than your ledger Device.

You should never ever be touching your keyboard when entering in your seed. If you are , you are being scammed or doing it wrong.

Trudahamzik
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes, the seeds should only be entered in your hardware wallet. You can use other software wallets as your front-end UI. I barely use Ledger Live.

ProofPattern789
      Gast
      Up
      Down

use a passphrase (25th word). They don’t have access to that.

pringles_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey – Hi, it is not possible to choose your own recovery phrase. Your Ledger device randomly generates a 24-word recovery phrase based on the BIP39 standard which is the same for most crpyto wallets. All the words that compose your recovery phrase belong to the BIP39 list.

Recover does not have access to your passphrase. Passphrases are a good option to add a layer of security on top of your setup. You can surely set it up with the Sparrow app and use it without using Ledger Live. Let us know if you’ve any other questions.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> i don’t want to use the Ledger generated seed phrase.

suit yourself, but ledger true random number generator is one of the best source of randomness. Whatever else you use (dice, etc) will likely generate lower quality entropy (i.e. randomness), possibly putting your funds at risk.

Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.