Home Foren Ledger Wallet Sollte ich meine Brieftasche zu etwas anderem als Ledger wechseln?

Ansicht von 25 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich kaufte eine Ledger 1 Tag vor ihrer Ankündigung auf die neue Recovery-Update. Jetzt scheint jeder auf sie zu spucken und nicht mehr sicher, dass Ledger sicher ist, was soll ich tun. Ich habe es noch nicht erhalten und ich fange an zu denken, dass dies keine gute Idee ist. Was würden Sie an meiner Stelle tun?

LifeReboot___
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No OP, read this [post](https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/13sfoec/no_your_seed_is_not_safe_with_any_ledger_devices/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button) then you know why is it not safe to use a close sourced HW from a company that has been lying for years and leaking customers info.

Spartanarrow2023
      Gast
      Up
      Down

i cannot trust them anymore… i am out of this brand wallet..

Once a legend.. but now a legacy.. What a pity and disappointment.

Trezor. 1st. need to protect physical wallet like the seeds . physical attack. Same year rolled out as Ledger. longer history.

Jade and tangem. – 2nd – canada and swiss based.

keystone pro, ellipal – 3rd, airgapped but china based. China controls?

ngrave-4th.. most expensive… EU based..but gov control in future?

Trudahamzik
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve opted for a Keystone Pro instead of them. My concern, however, is that being the most prominent and established brand, they might come under government scrutiny. If the government forces Ledger Recover to retrieve seed phrases, they could potentially gain access to my seed.

Aerocryptic
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Keep it, lot of people are overreacting. There’s no immediate risk to use it

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Most of it is security theater. The difference between “Can they do something” and “Will they do something”.

In the “Can they do something”, Microsoft COULD steal everyone’s credit card numbers since they own the keyboard driver on the 1.4 billion Windows devices. They COULD, but I think we all know that it is real tinfoil hat land.

Ledger is similar. They COULD steal your bitcoin, but it is incredibly unlikely.

whatitbewhatitdofoo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

A lot of people who would tell you yes already have changed wallets and/or have left the sub

set-271
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ditching mine I bought several months ago. Look into Keystone Wallet. Open sourced, air gapped.

A better solution.

Novel-Counter-8093
      Gast
      Up
      Down

i just wont subscribe to the service. nor update my ledger.

benjaminchodroff
      Gast
      Up
      Down

People are ridiculous. Keep it. Don’t use the recovery service. I use both ledger and trezor and love both.

pringles_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey – Ledger’s mission is, and will always be, to provide our users with the right tools to own their digital value securely. This firmware update, including the support of Ledger Recover, does not automatically opt you in; nothing will change unless you consent to it. You don’t have to use it, and can continue managing your recovery phrase yourself if that’s why you bought a Ledger. More info here
      https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/9579368109597-Ledger-Recover-FAQs?docs=true

We’d suggest checking out this tweet thread from our CTO, who does an excellent job of providing more technical information:

Further, we’ll start with the whitepaper of the protocol of Ledger Recover after which we’ll are planning to open source the Recover code of the firmware.
      To enhance transparency and trust, we have chosen to expedite our plans for open-sourcing, ensuring greater verifiability in all aspects of our operations.

Let us know if you’ve any other questions.

UpLeftUp
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes, send it back. I’ve tried to return mine and they’re saying its out of the 14 day returns window. So now I have to file with the French Courts.

If you can return it, DEFINITELY return it.

You can regret the decision later and the worst is you buy it back.

You don’t want to be stuck in a situation where you’re outside their returns window and having to litigate.

SuccessfulPlenty942
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you’re bitcoin only jade and coldcard are good. Otherwise might as well stick with ledger if u do alts

BusinessBreakfast3
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes, ASAP.

Unless you’re fine with not sleeping well and reevaluating this decision every month.

Gloomy_Square_6204
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Keeping mine

pakcjo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No need to change, ledger is a fine hardware wallet.

Coeruleus_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Keep it dude ppl are super smooth on here

CorneliusFudgem
      Gast
      Up
      Down

nothing has changed. if u keep the recovery phrase safe the crypto safe too.

this is the same for all wallets, hot wallet or cold wallet. if u dont keep the recovery phrase safe ur funds r not safe.

bradenlikestoreddit
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As of now, Ledger is still your safest bet. Give it a few years when there is better competition and switch to something else then.

Cultural_Bit9176
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Keep it, low risk, best cold wallet out there. Much ado about nothing. A nothing burger!

zerg1a
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger has sidelined release of the new recovery feature and have instead prioritization of open-sourcing their firmware and peripheral software stack. They have won back my trust. I would be very cautious switching to other companies. Hardware security is a hard problem to get right and you might end up getting bitten.

oktay50000
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Get onekey touch and be done with ledger, keep it for small transactions

Lucky_Letter_2730
      Gast
      Up
      Down

its known ledger is closed source ……

isnt something new we know here

fr4g
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No

gvictor808
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s probably fine. Hard to imagine Ledger is actually doing bad actor stuff here. I am OK with trusting them even though they are a little full of crap. More like their marketing got over enthusiastic and overstated security. But Ledger is still secure enough and if you get rekt it’s not gonna be from using a Ledger.

618Crypto
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No.

Ansicht von 25 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.