Home Foren Ledger Wallet Sollte ich mir ein zusätzliches Trezor One für die Sicherheit zulegen?

• Dieses Thema hat 15 Antworten und 2 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 10 Monaten von Nicolas_Ledger.
Ansicht von 15 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Also ich kaufte meine Ledger x vor etwa drei Wochen, übertragen alle meine Münzen auf sie und ich bin ziemlich glücklich mit meiner Hardware-Wallet so weit.
      Ich denke darüber nach, einen Trezor One als Backup-Hardware-Wallet zu bekommen und ich frage mich, ob es möglich ist, zwei Geräte zur gleichen Zeit mit der gleichen Adresse verbunden zu haben.
      Ich hoffe, ich habe mich verständlich ausgedrückt. Ist es möglich, dass mein Ledger-Gerät funktioniert, ich dieselbe Seed-Phrase in den Trezor eingebe und mit meinen Münzen von zwei verschiedenen Geräten gleichzeitig interagiere?

_fire_away
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If security is concern, then a legit consideration is to reduce your exposure. Adding a Trezor will increase it.

SEDIDEL
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes you can, but this have no sense in security terms, if any of the two wallets is compromised or your seed is compromised, both will become useless, so no matter how many wallets you have, if all are using the same seed and any of them or the seed is compromised, all your coins are going to be stolen at the end.

BoardRyder202
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes you can. I’m not an expert or very familiar with the trezor one but you will use your 24 word phrase that was generated when you set up the ledger on the trezor. That will give you access to your wallet. I have done this with 2 ledger’s. I’m actually thinking of getting the Bitbox

RandomTask100
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes. Now, don’t answer any emails from Trezor. They had a phishing scam last month.

astevic
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes, you can do that.

btchip
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I wouldn’t recommend it as this would dramatically reduce the physical security of your mnemonic, as described in https://blog.ledger.com/Unfixable-Key-Extraction-Attack-on-Trezor/ – also Trezor supports significantly less assets

Vic_Connor
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You could add the 25th word to your Ledger, it’d be better for security than another device. Just my humble opinion.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Security is how you safeguard your seed phrase (protected from unauthorized access and from accidental destruction and loss.

The devices themselves are not a good way to safeguard your seed, as electronic gadget can break, fail or malfunction at any time.

make sure that you understand the basics:

You need to understand that your cryptos are never stored in your ledger. They are always stored on the blockchains, on the Internet.

The only thing stored in your ledger is your seed (24 words + optional passphrase), i.e. your master private key that gives you full control of all the accounts derived from this seed.

MedicineOk788
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Well, I don’t think that a second device will increase your security. However, you can keep one at home (your normal one) and another packed in your suitcase for travel. If you ever want to sell crypto while on the road, the second one is great and you don’t have to remember to pack your home device.
      I don’t know about Trezor, but if I were to do it I would probably get the Ledger Nano S Plus as my travel device rather than a Trezor. Why? I am familiar with how to reset and use Ledger products.

swn999
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I would maybe consider a 2nd ledger device as backup before a trezor,
      Each wallet manufacturer support most of the major blockchains but some are not supported on both.

blaze1234
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes you can.

Terminology is: multiple wallet-clients servicing the same account-wallet.

Could be multiple software wallet-clients too.

Your assets are not in any wallet-client, those just manage your derivation paths, keypairs, addresses, transactions etc.

The HWWs keep your seed and privkeys off of the risky devices attached to the internet.

ianhawdon
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can, but you shouldn’t.

If accessing your funds in the case of the Ledger malfunctioning or being lost, then I would recommend buying a second device, whether it is another Ledger, or a Trezor, but don’t set it up until you need it.

Store your 24 word seed phrase somewhere safe, where you know where it is if you do need to set up your new device.

Having two devices on the go reduces your wallet’s security

rqnyc
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I use a Nano S as seed backup. I think it’s better than writing down seed on paper

AudaciousInvestor
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yeah that is possible.

Nicolas_Ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hello,

Well, as BTChip explained, it would expose your mnemonic to a different type of attack that is not executable on a Ledger device (see: https://blog.ledger.com/Unfixable-Key-Extraction-Attack-on-Trezor/ and https://blog.kraken.com/post/3662/kraken-identifies-critical-flaw-in-trezor-hardware-wallets/). So, importing your mnemonic inside a Trezor device would be like putting your secret into a safe that is easier to break (Trezor) than your actual safe (Ledger). So in terms of security, you would get no benefit and you would now have your secret in a safe that can be breached.

Ansicht von 15 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.