Home Foren Trezor Wallet Trezor gegen Ledger

• Dieses Thema hat 22 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 9 Monaten von questioningmoney.
Ansicht von 22 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo! Ich interessiere mich für den Kauf einer Hardware Cold Wallet und ich habe meine Optionen auf Ledger und Trezor eingegrenzt. Ich habe das Gefühl, dass dies die beliebtesten Wallets auf dem Markt aus gutem Grund sind. Ich stehe vor folgendem Dilemma: Ledger unterstützt zwei Münzen, die mir ziemlich wichtig sind, und ist billiger, hat aber eine Closed-Source-Firmware, während Trezor diese nicht unterstützt, teurer ist, aber eine Open-Source-Firmware hat, die ich sehr mag. Ich weiß nicht, für welches ich mich entscheiden soll, und ich hoffe, Sie können mir gute Gründe nennen, warum ich trezor dem ledger vorziehen sollte (vor allem in Bezug auf die Sicherheit, z.B. frühere oder aktuelle bekannte Sicherheitslücken). Bitte beachten Sie, dass ich dieselbe Frage im Ledger-Subreddit stellen werde, um beiden Communities die Möglichkeit zu geben, ihren Standpunkt darzulegen, weil ich denke, dass andere Leute es gerne wissen würden und ich hoffe, dass mein Beitrag auch anderen helfen könnte.
      P.S. Ich weiß von der Datenpanne bei Ledger, aber das macht mir nichts aus, denn es gibt Möglichkeiten, um zu verhindern, dass deine Daten nach außen dringen.

Frequent-Ad-9853
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you’re looking for coin support, then Ledger is probably your best option. I’ve got both the Ledger and a Trezor. They’re both great devices but both have their shortcomings.

Ledger supports more coins, their UI/UX is better in my opinion, and they’re more affordable. ([20% off on their site](https://creditbit.org/ledger/r)) However, they did have a data breach and there have been so many victims to phishing attacks. That is unlikely to happen again, and the Ledger devices themselves are still completely safe. Their support is slow, but that is kind of understandable.

Trezor products are better made, their support is generally better, but they are more expensive, though [they do run seasonal promos](https://shop.trezor.io/product/trezor-model-t?offer_id=15&aff_id=3050). The touch screen on the T is great, the battery is better. However, the devices themselves are not as secure. Krakens penetration testers were able to extract a seed from a Trezor in 15 minutes! Scary.

HaroldSax
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have both and I ended up preferring the Nano X.

The primary thing is that there is no simple way for me to interact with my Trezor and it’s various integrations on mobile. I’m in the field for work often, with a good bit of downtime. Thus, the BT connectivity for the Nano X ended up being a deciding factor.

I didn’t dislike my Trezor at all, but the lack of supported wallets and coins alongside having to be tethered to a computer pushed me away. I still have some “break glass in case of emergency” stuff stored on my Trezor wallets, however.

SilverTruth7809
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I dont trust closed source Hardware with my open source Internet money.

So its trezor for me.

AdditionalAardvark56
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have both. Had my Trezor for months now with zero issues except can’t hold tokens like SOL. I bought the Ledger Nanox a week ago purely for SOL and stacking it’s a frigging nightmare with Phantom setting it up and getting it to work. If your just going to store BTC or ETH I’d go Trezor it’s easy to use and no issues with Windows machine. Ledger is fiddly and the Bluetooth is pointless anyway.

Former-Blackberry290
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Which 2 coins are important to you? you forgot to mention those.

Trezor supports ALL ERC20 tokens, even those not natively listed on their website.

For example I have SHIB on my Trezor’s Ethereum wallet.

With Trezor you can add just about any coin (even from other smartchains like Binance and Polygon. I have Binance chain tokens like Babydoge on my Trezor as well as MATIC which is on the Polygon blockchain, for example

Trezor natively does not support those blockchains but you can use them with for example Metamask using Trezor as a key.

Technical_Moose8478
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have both (an older Trezor and the smaller Ledger). They’re pretty similar, really, though the way you set up “wallets” is different, and you have to do more on the actual device with the Ledger.

I bought the Ledger because my Trezor didn’t support a few coins I wanted to pull out of software wallets for deep storage. It IS pretty cool for that, covers tons of coins and if you don’t mind constantly reinstalling and uninstalling the apps you can have tons of different coins on even the cheapy model. But I would say I trust my Trezor a lot more.

RothePro88
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have a Ledger nano X and I’m very happy

MrRandyWatson_100
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I moved from Trezor to Ledger and couldn’t be happier.

aiolyfe
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have both and like both, but mainly use the Ledger Nano X.

My Trezor Model T holds my ADA and I stake from that. The rest of my crypto is on my Ledger, because I can stake ETH, SOL, and DOT from it. The Ledger can stake ADA too, but I got the Trezor first, set it up there, and just haven’t changed it. I really like earning interest on my crypto, and the ledger has more ability to do that thab the Trezor.

Pro tip: whichever brand you go with, get 2 hardware wallets. I have a Trezor Model T and a cheaper Trezor model (forgot the model name off the top of my head). I also have a Ledger Nano X and a cheaper Nano S. I regularly use the more expensive one as my “main” and keep the cheaper one as a mirror backup of the main one in case it breaks/gets lost/damaged/whatever. With the cheaper hardware wallet, I “restore” it using the exact same seed phrases as the more expensive one, so basically mirroring my wallet on that device. Then I take that spare and hide it securely in the same box as my collection of various seed phrases/crypto passwords/pins/etc.

If you’re REALLY fucking paranoid, buy a 3rd cheap hardware device and leave it in the factory sealed box, then hide it with your other spare. That way if your main hardware wallet turns up missing, you can immediately use your mirrored device to transfer all your assets to a brand new uncompromised wallet. Factory reset your original mirrored device, then restore it with the seed phrases of your new wallet, and now you have a mirror of that.

OfficerFrieza
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger. My trezor is collecting dust since most of the DeFi I explore uses ledger. Now I regret owning a trezor. This open and closed sourced talk is pretty lame, especially from trezor users. Ask one of them to use terra station, osmosis, or a dapp from the Tezos blockchain… they will just stare at you and realize they can’t really do shit except store “boomer” crypto and explore ETH defi.

alegzandar
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No good reasons to choose trezor over ledger, I did and I regret it everyday, doesn’t support almost anything outside of BTC/ETH when it comes to ecosystems, 90% of my funds stay outside of it because of that. So unless you’re a crypto boomer who wants to buy eth/btc and forget them forever, go for ledger

mustard5
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Get both. That was my solution. I use Trezor for long term storage and I use the Nano X for transacting with convenience while out and about.

Crypto-Guide
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Unless you are building the device yourself the security difference doesn’t really exist in a particularly meaningful way in terms of hardware/software. (Both can be used trustlessly via 3rd party software)

I cover the two devices in a feature comparison here https://cryptoguide.tips/hardware-wallet-comparisons/

Basically the main things that a Trezor T (not Trezor One) can do is Fido2 UTF and SLIP39. (Which may or may not be important to you)

If you do go the Trezor route, just be aware that it’s less safe for newbies than something like a Ledger. You can mitigate this by running a full recovery check (Trezor doesn’t do this properly) and by disabling passphrase. (Newbies often use a passphrase by accident and lose their funds)

Both vendors have a solid product, so you can’t really go wrong either way.

NuclearPsychedelic
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I think this needs some further explanation. First of all I am only considering the model t and the nano x. Second of all, I would buy both of them in an ideal scenario, so that I could have most of my funds on my trezor and recoverable with the ledger in a wordt case scenario and the ledger for those two coins, but it kind of doesn’t make sense from a cost/crypto standpoint stored that way. Third, I use linux and am a big proponent and supporter of open source software, regardless of the use case. And fourth, the thing is that I would probably buy a trezor if no other factors were at play, but my pc is kind of unreliable and I don’t want to even temporarily lose access to my crypto, but on the other hand I’ve heard of a weird thing happening with ledger and my ether wallet in a post on this subreddit 2y ago, which is causing me to have doubts (don’t quote me on that one). Right now, I am inclined to go with the ledger and buy the trezor at some point in the future, but it isn’t a final decision. Thank you for all the helpful insight and testimonials you have provided up to this point. I’m really happy to see real arguments and not fanboy-ism

dbdev
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor doesn’t support DOT. So Ledger it is!

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> important to me and is cheaper

Only $11

As for alt-coins, yeah, if you have a non-trivial coin on Ledger that isn’t on Trezor, go with Ledger. Better to poorly secure your main coins than leave them unsecure in a SW wallet because you don’t have HW support.

For the “why Trezor”. Mostly what you said already. Open Source, Reproducible Builds. Better documentation.

And for “why Ledger”. Specific alt-coin, iPhone, promo-code

RGLozon2021
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I had both and only recomend Trezor. I list $6 on Ledger when they sold their customer data to the Chinese. They will do it again they are corrupt and cant be trusted

LoneWolfSpartan
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger all day

dania_cz
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you are looking best wallet for cryptocurrency ( cold and hot )

Read Full Review👇

CRYPTO Wallet – Top 4 Best CRYPTO Wallets in 2023

vikingville
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you want to do anything NFT related get the ledger. Open source is great but I consistently run into problems with NFTs and Trezor while friends who have ledger do not have these problems.

gvictor808
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I bought them all to try. I settled on the Nano X because I am lazy, and now I don’t have to find a cable or a PC. I just use it with my cell phone. And the screen is easier to read, and buttons are ergonomic.

questioningmoney
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Lack of Solana support in Trezor is a big red flag for me

Ansicht von 22 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.