Home Foren Ledger Wallet Wie sicher ist eine modifizierte Seed Phrase

• Dieses Thema hat 8 Antworten und 2 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 10 Monaten von drive_causality.
Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Wie sicher wäre es, eine Seed Phrase zu Hause aufzubewahren, bei der 2-3 Wörter nicht die richtigen sind und nur ich weiß, welche geändert werden müssen, um den richtigen privaten Schlüssel zu erhalten?

Die gleiche Frage, wenn ich sogar eine Passphrase (25. Wort) hinzufügen würde?

Ich frage deshalb, weil ich Angst habe, dass ich alles verliere, wenn jemand einbricht und die Seed-Phrase findet, selbst wenn ich eine Hardware-Geldbörse besitze.

Aber wenn jemand einbricht und die falsche Seed-Phrase findet, wie lange würde es dauern, bis der Einbrecher die richtige herausfindet?

​

Ich bin mir der Gefahr bewusst, dass ich den richtigen Satz vergessen könnte, aber nehmen wir einfach an, dass ich das nie tun werde 🙂

VariousJackfruit
      Gast
      Up
      Down

One or two incorrect words can be brute forced.

Better to just use the normal ways of securing your phrase (such as adding an additional passphrase) instead of a custom solution that you very well might forget after several years.

Knurlinger
      Gast
      crypt0kiddie
      Gast
      Up
      Down

25th word seed passphrase as others mentioned.

If someone tries to rug my 24, they get like 100 Dogecoin!

DiscoverCrypto_org
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m telling you this from personal experience. Too much mental gymnastics will ruin you because there comes a time when you forget what you did. Better would be to cut the seed phrase in half, have half of it at your location, and half of it at another location (someone you love and trust).

Memorize your phrase as a backup.

I hope this is helpful! A 25th word would be HUGE. If you kept your entire seed phrase at your house and even if it got broken into, the chances of someone guessing your 25th word, especially if it’s substantial, are going to be miniscule. At least keep your 25th word off site and in your mind.

LukesGameWorld
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ok so as I understood it, a 25th word would be more then enough to secure my funds

blaze1234
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Terrible idea!

Use a BIP39 passphrase and store that separately

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It is extremely easy to bruteforce 2 or 3 missing or modified words in a seed phrase, so i don’t see the point, it does not increase security at all.

You should consider using a BIP39 passphrase instead. this is an arbitrary user-defined string that kinda acts like a 25th word, and is not buteforceable if you make a passphrase that is strong enough (i.e. not a dictionary word, and more than 10 characters).

Learn more about the BIP39 passphrase (sometimes incorrectly called the "25th word") from ledgerwallet

drive_causality
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There are so many posts of people trying to do crazy things to “secure” their seed phrase and they basically end up un-securing it. Just put your seed phrase in a safe deposit box in a bank. It’s like $100/year. And also your heirs will have access to it in case something happens to the owner.

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.