Home Foren Ledger Wallet Wie sichert die Passphrase den zweiten Satz von Adressen?

• Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten und 2 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 11 Monaten von [deleted].
Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich verstehe, wie Sie Ihre ersten Konten mit Ihrer Wiederherstellungsphrase als Backup erstellen. Sie können dann eine Passphrase hinzufügen, die Adressen schützt, die separat von den ersten Konten erstellt wurden, die Sie ohne die Passphrase erstellt haben.

Handelt es sich bei der Passphrase um ein völlig separates Schlüsselpaar aus privatem und öffentlichem Schlüssel, das für die Verwaltung separater Adressen verwendet wird? Wenn Sie zwei getrennte xpub-Adressen haben, wie können Sie dann nur eine Wiederherstellungsphrase benötigen? Sollten Sie nicht zwei davon benötigen? Inwiefern ist ein zusätzliches Wort für eine Passphrase ausreichend?

Ich verstehe auch, dass man die Wiederherstellungsphrase und die Passphrase braucht, um auf den zweiten Adressensatz zuzugreifen, ich verstehe nur nicht, wie Ledger um die Verwendung von zwei Wiederherstellungsphrasen herumkommt?

VariousJackfruit
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[The BIP39 specification](https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0039.mediawiki#Generating_the_mnemonic) explains how this works on a technical level. Basically the passphrase is used as part of the salt when generating the keys, so each passphrase generates a whole new set of keys given a particular seed phrase. If no passphrase is used, the string “mnemonic” alone is used for this function.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> Shouldn’t you need two of them? How is one extra word for a passphrase enough?

The way it works is similar to having a big shredder (called a hash function). When you input something in the shedder, you get something completely different in the output. Here, the input of the shredder is your seed phrase and your passphrase. The passphrase that is input in the shredder is the string “mnemonic” concatenated with the passphrase your created (and empty string in case you did not create one, which is the default. So if you selected the passphrase “don’t tell my wife I have cryptos!!!”, the passphrase will internally be “mnemonicdon’t tell my wife I have cryptos!!!”.

So the seed phrase and the passphrase are entered in the schedder, and the output is a 512-bit number called “bip39 seed”, which is your master private key. All your keys are mathematically calculated (derived) in a deterministic way from this 512-bit number.

So if you create a seed phrase, you have two sets of accounts, because you have two 512-bit bip39 seeds (one will be your 24-word seed phrase shredded with the passphrase “mnemonic”, and the other one will be your 24-word seed phrase shredded with the string obtained by concatenating “mnemonic” with your passphrase e.g. “don’t tell my wife I have cryptos!!!”.

There are lots of documents that describe the process in more details…

blaze1234
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The BIP39 passphrase yields an entirely new Seed

Just as much as a different mnemonic

Just one character different, completely unrelated Wallet – Account.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[removed]

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.