Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ab wie viel Dollar an Kryptobeständen braucht man Ihrer Meinung nach eine Hardware-Wallet?

• Dieses Thema hat 42 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 7 Monaten von Caponcapoffstillon.
Ansicht von 42 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Sagen Sie, wenn man über $$$ hat, braucht er sicherlich ein Ledger etc. bitte nicht kommentieren jeder braucht eine Hardware-Wallet, weil 1000$ in Krypto nicht wert ist, eine Hardware-Wallet für aay 100-200$ zu kaufen. Kommentieren Sie Ihre Dollar-Zahl, die es macht muss eine Hardware-Wallet zu bekommen?

couchguitar
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I bought my Ledger and Cryptosteel before I bought any crypto. If you can’t afford a piggybank, you cant afford to put your money in someone else’s.

DanK91
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger Nano S+ is $79…if you have over that amount and want to keep it, I suggest buying one.

dshizzle11
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Another guy said however much you would feel bad about losing. Thats a good answer. I would say anything above $200 is a good amount of crypto at the current market, and who knows what it will be worth down the line.

No_Condition_3313
      Gast
      Up
      Down

How much do you care about losing? That’s how much.

Talnoy
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’d argue anything over the cost of a ledger is enough.

DreadknotX
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m glad I got a nano s years back just when I had $500 now over 1k+ and seeing all these things happening with exchanges missed a bullet for sure

Criss_Crossx
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Well, your $100 today could become $1k or greater at any given time. If you aren’t willing to lose the amount you have, get a hardware wallet.

For me, once I had about $150 I bought a nano s. That was 3-4 years ago.

JooseBeatz
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There is no number. Its whatever amount u dont wanna lose. Im sure theres plenty people who were hacked for <$1000 on the solana hack 2 days ago that wish they had a hw wallet.. hot wallets/software wallets CAN be hacked and lose money so anything u would be more than slightly affected in losing should be worth the $65 for a ledger (idk where u got $100-200)

stereoagnostic
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Whatever number would cause you to break down crying when the exchange you use gets hacked or goes bankrupt.

reallifeizm
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Id say 5k and up

Silverfoxx30
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Well I used a software wallet up until about 5k, my keys, my phone, my crypto. Didn’t interact with anything not trusted, all good. Hardware is good for the Hodl but I find it a pain for daily trades on the go with my phone.

thewhitenile
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have not been really investing in crypto, but instead have been earning it (primarily ADA through Project Catalyst). So for me, once I had earned enough to afford one, I just bought it. Is investing in crypto a long-term strategy for you? If it is, no reason not to get one earlier. So, for me, that number was $400.

Maleficent-Camel2849
      Gast
      Up
      Down

i would say above 3$

ghfsigiwaa
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Next_Foundation_3892
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Bitcoin is a generational deflationary Asset. You buy it in advance.

potificate
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Honestly? I’d say that if all you have to invest is 1k then maybe crypto shouldn’t be what you’re investing in. Try index mutual funds first. I know it’s not sexy, but there it is.

NoPie8947
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hardware wallet is a must and holding crypto outside of centralized exchanges is also a must. I personally stake some my crypto as on Kaddex DEX and holding some in metamask but not almost nothing is on centralized exchanges.

BobiTheCrypto
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If youre asking this question it means youre already worried about your coins. If you have more then the devide itself (just bought nano s plus) i suggest getting one. Also always purchase from the official websites, no resellers.

Sporter4551
      Gast
      Up
      Down

$.01

JRhod3sie
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Whatever amount u don’t care being taken from u. If u couldn’t care less about $100 then so be it.

wilgold
      Gast
      Up
      Down

100% worth it in the long term IMO it’s a no brainer

orindragonfly
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Only you can tell that, everyone’s tolerance to losses are different, it will be anything above what your personal tolerance is.

Zaytion
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It will vary from person to person. If the amount of crypto you own is more than you’d feel comfortable walking around with as cash in your actual wallet, i’d say get a hardware wallet.

StrangerDanger1225
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’d say 2k and you’ll want a hardware wallet, not a must. I have 4k sitting in a hot wallet because the token doesn’t support hardware wallet yet.

Sotyka94
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Half of your monthly income maybe?

I don’t think it’s the same for everyone. There are people out there who gamble with shitcoins, memestocks in the tens of thousands or even more. I don’t think they gonna do hardware wallet for 500$. And there are an Amazon warehouse worker who managed to save up 500$ in BTC in the last 2 years, he probably should have.

If it’s an amount that kick you in the chest when you loose it, you need a hardware wallet. If it’s juts a bad day when you lose it, you don’t need it yet.

Jokers_wild234
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have around 7k worth of assets on my ledger as soon as I make a purchase coins are off the exchange.

spheraterra
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I thinks it depends on your revenue but if you hold more than one salary in crypto you should get a ledger.

gimmeluvn
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Depends upon your liquidity position.

jsells39
      Gast
      Up
      Down

1/20th of a btc

mrsurfalot
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Always get a hardware wallet not your keys not your crypto . Nano Ledger S Is only around $80-$100 . Be sure to only buy from Ledger directly either on the site or on the offical Amazon page .

robomartin
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It makes key management a lot easier. I don’t think I got one until after 5k, but I wouldn’t have regretted getting one at 0 dollars

vetintebror
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Personal pain limit was 11k before I felt stupid and ordered a ledger

IncanEmperorsGroove
      Gast
      Up
      Down

>hardware wallet for aay 100-200$

Ledger starts at $60

ZebraCommander7
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As most have mentioned, it depends on risk tolerance. It is also important to understand what a hardware wallet is and isn’t.

I ended up finally grabbing a Ledger during the last run up in November, but truth be told, I didn’t gain an overwhelming sense of security with the change. I’ve been in crypto for the better part of the last decade without issue using software wallets and it is important for all hardware wallet buyers to realize that a hardware wallet will NOT save you from your own carelessness. You can still lose your keys, hand them out like a fool, sign limitless smart contracts to drain your funds and more… you’ll just have a cool dongle to look at as it is rendered useless. As a result, raw dollars never really factored in for me; I just had money to spare and an interest in the tech.

Hardware > software wallet? Yes indeed. Overwhelmingly necessary? Not in my experience. Personally, most of my risk comes from the CEXs I’m still invested in rather than the loss of any funds I hold directly, hardware or otherwise. Do you research, avoid the shady/greedy nonsense (or at least use a different address for your careless smart contract signings), and keep your keys to yourself and you can avoid most of the ‘hacks’ you read about out there. Safeguarding the keys is paramount; a hardware wallet just makes that a bit easier and may be prudent if you’re at a networth in crypto that causes you stress; everyone’s actual number will be different based on their own life’s details.

nrivd
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I decided on when I first hit $100. Your coins value will grow overtime (hopefully) and exchanges aren’t the safest place. It’s true you aren’t the biggest holder of said coin, but mass attacks on small accounts are way more common then someone targeting whale wallets. I bought one simply for the peace of mind, that price is ultimately up to you though.

Tiznadete
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You mention the $1000 dollar figure and I personally bought mine when I had around $750, if you like to risk getting drained for not spending around $100 wait till you have around 5k I guess.

arbalest_22
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you have a couple grand in it I’d start looking at buying one.

kyle_thornton
      Gast
      Up
      Down

People here talking about portfolio value, but you’re overlooking the fact that you start collecting things in your account that become linked to your identity. ENS domains, NFT profile pictures, and other digital collectibles that may only carry sentimental value but would be devastating to lose. I would turn this question around and have you convince me of a scenario where using anything other than a hardware wallet makes any sense.

Mother-Improvement16
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m very sure that having a bank account in some countries attracts a monthly maintenance fee from your bank irrespective of the pennies you keep with your bank.

We’re talking about digital assets that has potentials of increasing in value exponentially overnight.

The person that invested just $500 – $1000 in SHIB in 2019 saw the value increase to over $1 Billion in Oct-Nov 2021.

So if you believe your Crypto Assets is valuable or will appreciate in value exponentially then you definitely need a hardware wallets.

Before you start arguing for and against. There other hardware wallets that sells for as low as $49. And those hardware wallets can hold all ERC-20 tokens and few other Cryptos in top 10s – 20s.

I will definitely recommend Ledger Nano X or Ledger Nano S+ above other hardware wallets. Having used Ledger, Trezor, D’cent, Waiting For Ellipal Mini to test it, Skipped Ellipal Titan and having listened to feed back from my friends that have tested other hardware wallets. I can say without any doubt that Ledger is the number one, irrespective of the past data leaks.

Since we’re on security topic, I want to advise everyone that when purchasing Ledger, don’t put your real home address especially if that’s where you’ll be keeping your Ledger. Ledger uses DHL to deliver their products in Europe and I believe in other countries outside Europe. I will suggest using the DHL office address in your area and put C/O (meaning care of) in front of DHL and then their address. Obviously write your full name as shown on your ID and put a contact number. Once it arrives there, head to the local DHL office with your ID and pick it up. Is not a most that you must use DHL Office. You might even use your workplace as a delivery address or your local corner shop if you trust them.

This Way you’ll be immuned from any future potential data breach of customer data. No company is immuned from customer data breach, we just have to take precautions individual to protect ourselves.

You’re absolutely free to add any additional suggestions or counter opinions if you see fit.

Poyal_Rines
      Gast
      Up
      Down

1 dollar. It’s a start and start stacking them Satoshis

flaco545
      Gast
      Up
      Down

“Everyone needs a hardware wallet”

Caponcapoffstillon
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Everyone needs a hardware wallet. Unless you like throwing money away. If you don’t want a wallet go to a reputable company like coinbase, kraken as those are likely the last to fall in any bear market situation(do not go for these lending platforms, they all fall the same every bear market crash).

Ansicht von 42 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.