Home Foren Trezor Wallet Ideen, wie man Wiederherstellungs-Seed und Passphrase getrennt speichern kann?

• Dieses Thema hat 4 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 1 Monat von [deleted].
Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich höre oft, wie dumm es ist, diese beiden Dinge zusammen aufzubewahren.

Haben Sie eine kreative Idee, wie Sie diese beiden Dinge getrennt aufbewahren können?

Als Auswanderer habe ich das Gefühl, dass der einzige Ort, den ich habe, meine Wohnung ist und keine vertraute Familie, bei der ich Sachen aufbewahren kann. Irgendwelche Ideen?

No_Boysenberry_6331
      Gast
      Up
      Down

That’s the right idea. Essentially, you want to avoid a single point of failure. In simpler terms, you don’t want a single breach to result in a total loss of your asset. This is rule number one. Another rule being that you should have a back up of every information. For passphrase, keep one copy in your brain, and another in secure location#2. Seedwords should be stored at secure location#1. If you don’t use shamir backup, then you will obviously have to store another copy of your seedwords at location#3. And seal your seedwords in an envelope at these locations. It’s tempting for anyone to just snap a photo of that critical information. I know you trust them but hey don’t test people.

Michael47OR
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Buy a set of metal stamps at the hardware store, get some galvanized 4″x4″ electrical junction box cover plates and stamp your seed words on one plate, your passphrases on another plate and hide them in different places, different rooms, or even different properties. You can wrap them in a few layers of plastic bags and bury them or mount them backwards on an existing electrical box. Hidden in plain sight.

Mrs-Lemon
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Personally I think a simple passphrase is best that is innocent enough to be able to be kept in plain sight but complicated enough to withstand cracking power.

There is really no reason for some crazy passphrase like f53NDJsj3fj38f8cn3c8F or something that you will never remember.

> As an expat, I feel like the only place I have is my apartment and no trusted family where I can store stuff. Any ideas?

This is a tough one, but if you really do have significant funds on it I would stamp in metal and put in a safety deposit box in your home country (granted your home country has safe banks) as insurance on your expat apartment building catching fire or something. Don’t put your passphrase in the deposit box, just memorizing that along with keeping it with you in your apartment.

Then you could keep another stamped metal of your keys in your apartment. Most simple way is to stamp them into some stainless steel washers and then bolt those together. 99.999999% of people will have no idea what that is….and someone who finds it won’t know your passphrase.

There are other ideas of metal tags you could stamp and store and make it look like it’s nothing like just link them on a key ring with a bunch of keys and who’s going to even look at it twice?

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.