Home Foren Ledger Wallet Saatgutrotation

Ansicht von 9 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe erst kürzlich einen Cryptosteel gekauft, nachdem ich ein paar Jahre lang meine Seed-Worte auf einem Stück Papier aufgeschrieben hatte, und ich dachte mir – lohnt es sich, den Seed zu rotieren (d.h. einen neuen zu erstellen) und die Gelder alle paar Jahre auf neue Adressen zu verschieben, oder ist es die Mühe nicht wert?

Macht das jemand?

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As long as no one else has seen the seed, there’s no reason to rotate seeds. They don’t go stale or anything like that

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Not worth the hassle. A good seed phrase, generated randomly and stored securely, will last you a lifetime.

Now if you feel like you’ve learned a lot about security since the first time you set up your seed, and have concerns that you may have stored it improperly in the past, *that* would be a good reason to regenerate a new one. Otherwise, no.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I would not see a point to this. Just properly securing your seed phrase from any access would be best. Possibly hidden in a wall or similar. Even if you were robbed the chances of a thief checking the walls is absurdly slim.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you have a reasonable doubt that your seed may have been compromised, absolutely.
      If not there’s no need. You will only waste time and most likely a few dozens of $ doing that.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s a great question. The reason it’s not necessary is because the chances of guessing your seed phase is 1 and a ((12^2048 ) (18^2048 ) (24^2048 )) chances. There is less matter in the universe (stars/planets/gains of sand) than that calculation will spit out. There are 12/18/24 word seed phrases and 2048 words on the seed list.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Thank you everyone for the great replies!

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It will become more confusing when your system plays up. Was this one or that one… If I have to type seed phrase again I will switch off computer, clear cache and restart again…

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

But also make sure your heirs can access the wallet. The need for this does however contradict the security so you need to give this some thought

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I think it introduces unnecessary risk for no real gain, unless you are going to “up” the security around your seed in some way or have been lax in the past, it’s just something that could go wrong.

Ansicht von 9 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.