Home Foren Trezor Wallet Sollte ich mir einen Ledger zulegen, da der Trezor nicht ios/iphone-kompatibel ist?

Ansicht von 17 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich bin auf der Suche nach einer Hardware-Wallet, auf der Suche nach hodl.

Ich bin nicht daran interessiert, den Handel überhaupt, so würde das bedeuten, ich wäre in Ordnung, ohne die iPhone-App?

Wie ist es so wichtig?

Ich diskutiere über Ledger oder Trezor.

​

edit: ich habe ein iphone.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Buy Trezor, thank me later.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Had some of my info leaked in the ledger leak last year and immediately switched to Trezor. If you’re holding then it doesn’t matter if you don’t have access to it on your phone. What’s worth more, the little price of convenience or the privacy of your assets. If you go with Trezor you can download a “watch only” wallet like blue wallet and add your XPUB which will allow you to view balances and price changes and transactions within the wallet on your phone

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I just use my Trezor with exodus on iOS. Pretty happy with it so far, but it’s just view only though not sure if that’s okay with you or you need more than that. I just plug into the computer if I need to trade and stuff.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Understand first that the whole point of Trezor is to be a cold storage. Offline as much as possible. If you want to connect to iPhone just get a hot wallet on the iPhone and we will wait for your next post saying that you lost all your crypto.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Moved to Ledger and am very happy.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can use it in the browser of the phone whilst plugging it into the phone. Works fine with Android, not sure about you guys – but I don’t see why not.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

A viable option is Coldcard. Worth checking out imo

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

People arguing about android vs iphone kills me. If you know ledger doesn’t work with iphone then buy trezor. Period.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve never used Ledger, however I thinks a decent choice.

However, I do find that the Trezor suits my needs perfectly. I make DCA purchases about twice a month and send those crypto assets immediately from the centralized exchange to my Trezor addresses. This does not require the Trezor HW.

The only thing I would need the Trezor device for is periodically signing a smart contract or when sending or supplying from my Trezor wallet, which in practice I do infrequently (perhaps a few times a quarter at most). In these cases I wait until I’m at my computer.

If you are day trading and/or plan to need the HW frequently through the day/week or plan to primarily use it on a mobile device then it might be better to go with the Ledger as it might be annoying to keep retrieving the Trezor from your safe.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

FWIW, I’ve been trying for weeks to get my third replacement Ledger Nano X because they’ve been shipping them with bum batteries. Might want to wait a bit before buying into Ledger…

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I like my trezor, but I honestly haven’t used it in years due to it supporting less coins than my ledger, and not being able to use it much with wallets on my phone.

Seems support is getting slightly better though with time.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I own both. You’re not going wrong with either.

Ledger Live isn’t the end all be all, but I think the most simple secure setup for a hardware wallet is iOS setup + Nano X + metal backup. The reason why is it’s more likely your laptop or desktop is compromised than your iOS device (providing its updated).

IIRC I think Nano X has better on device physical security, but at the same time Trezor is open-source while Ledger is not. So do with that what you will.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Isn’t trezor hackable if someone gets a hold of your device through the eeprom exploit? Is there a similar issue with ledgers?
      Seems like a way more significant issue than customer data leak.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Imagine buying a hardware wallet and wanting to use it on a phone smh

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why not consider switching to Android. LoL.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Both are shit

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

its gompatible with ios

Ansicht von 17 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.