Home Foren KeepKey Wie sicher ist ein Firmware-Upgrade? Verlorene Backups bei Waldbränden.

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Zunächst einmal habe ich Angst davor, dass das Firmware-Upgrade fehlschlägt, weil ich mein Backup während der Waldbrände verloren habe. Es ist ein Jahr her, dass ich die Firmware aktualisiert habe, und früher konnte ich auf “Überspringen” drücken und über Chrome auf die Wallet zugreifen. Jetzt friert es beim Laden von Konten einfach ein, also denke ich, dass ich zum Upgrade gezwungen bin. Sind die Updates normalerweise sicher? Gibt es einen Workaround ohne Aktualisierung? Vielen Dank

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m no expert on these things, but if you lose your backup phrase I would think you should transfer all your crypto to another location, then setup your keepkey again from scratch to get new backup phrase, and transfer it back.

​

Proceeding with no way to restore if something happens seems irresponsible and stressful.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The chrome app is discontinued, but you don’t need to use either it or shapeshift.

What cryptos are you trying to access? My suggestion would be Electrum and forks should cover most of what you need… (I demo how to connect it here if you skip past the initialisation part https://youtu.be/Em6qZdP6hy0)

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Most unhelpful. But are keepkeys still a viable option for cold storage of BTC & Etherium? Since they were acquired by Shapeshift, I purchased ledger. But seeing apparent problems with A Ledger I am left confused.

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So long as you know your security words you can use a software wallet to recover your funds just use a well known one from app store not from a dodgy link mycelium is popular plenty to choose from or electrum

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I didn’t touch my keepkey for a over a year and a firmware update reset the device. I was shaking re entering the seed but lucky it worked. Scary.
      Move your funds to a new wallet ASAP. Don’t rely on keepkey firmware update being successful

User
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Your [submission](https://www.reddit.com/r/keepkey/comments/ka6skl/how_safe_is_firmware_upgrade_lost_backups_in/) in /r/keepkey was automatically flagged for appearing like a support request. /r/keepkey is not a support channel for KeepKey. If you need help troubleshooting an issue, please reach out to our support team for help: https://shapeshift.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If this isn’t a support request, a moderator will review and approve your post shortly

*I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/keepkey) if you have any questions or concerns.*

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.