Home Foren Ledger Wallet Älteres Modell Nano Ledger S nicht betroffen?

Ansicht von 12 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo Leute!

Ich besitze ein nano ledger S (nicht Bluetooth old-school Modell)

Jetzt habe ich gelesen, dass dieses Modell von dieser Katastrophe ausgenommen ist. Ich habe 6 Zahlen und es ist mein Leben Ersparnisse auf, dass ich gearbeitet myndicksack off für.

Also an diejenigen, die über Geldbörsen wissen, muss ich fragen.

Ist der Nano Ledger S sicher zu benutzen?

Vielen Dank im Voraus.

UpLeftUp
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Which catastrophe? That the firmware can leak the seed phrase? Or that the Apps have access to the private key?

Because the Ledger S is only unaffected by the first – apparently the Apps still have access to the private key.

I’m in a similar circumstance to you in that my life savings are also in crypto, and were until a few days ago stored on a couple of Ledgers. Now, I wouldn’t trust them with anything and I’ve moved my crypto away.

I think its easy for people to say don’t worry and just stick with Ledger. Its definitely the easier option. But its not their money and they’re not going to be affected if your crypto gets stolen. So why take the risk?

TheDigitalPoint
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s safe as long as you trust Ledger to do what they say they are (and are not) doing, yes. Although same for Nano X, so… {shrug}

Bottom line is you need to trust Ledger as a company either way.

bricarp
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Suppose a restaurant has gotten many of its customers violently ill. The hamburger meat was tainted and the chicken sandwiches were also tainted.

Then, this restaurant promises that their hot dogs are safe. Would you be first in line to try eating one of their hot dogs?

At the end of the day, you either trust Ledger or you don’t. But it doesn’t really sense to believe that Nano S devices are **not** compromised while also simultaneously believing that S-Plus and X devices **are** compromised. You should pick a side and stick to it.

coinluv
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hi, Ledger said they haven’t rolled out the recovery firmware for the Nano S… yet. Hopefully, with all the push back they never will. One thought, perhaps split your assets into more than one Ledger or another cold wallet. It would make me too nervous to keep all in one account.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The Nano S can’t do the Ledger Recover feature so it stands to reason that it is unable in some way to export the info or they would have included it as well.

Some details I found here-

Comment
      by from discussion
      inledgerwallet

Tricky-Management479
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I too have a couple nano s. All funds moved to trezor anyways because the trust is broken.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

All the ledgers are safe to use.

Your seed will never leave the ledger unless you sign up for this service.

And yes, the Nano S will not have support for the service, because of its limited flash memory size. Already you can barely install 2 apps on it. So not very convenient.

Jim-Helpert
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey, to clarify a few points out. Firstly, the Ledger Recover feature is only available on Nano X for now only. Ledger Recover is just an optional service. Simply updating the firmware will not activate Ledger Recover automatically. To opt-in Ledger Recover service, you need to go through a secure onboarding process.
      Even after activating your Ledger Recover subscription,
      your seed fragments will not be shared or sent unless you manually confirm it on the Ledger device yourself. Ledger Recover does not have the capability to perform this action alone:
      [https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/11022833583261-Can-Ledger-and-Ledger-Recover-access-my-Secret-Recovery-Phrase-?docs=true](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/11022833583261-Can-Ledger-and-Ledger-Recover-access-my-Secret-Recovery-Phrase-?docs=true)

I hope this better clarifies and remain available if needed

bmoreRavens1995
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Split your eggs up. I think all cold wallets have the potential to back door people with firmware updates especially when not open source . Check out tangem wallet seems the most secure out there

lirumlarum42
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Even if the Ledger S wouldn’t be affected, when you mention that there’s a significant amount of value on your device, I would a) recommend distributing that value across multiple devices (perhaps even from different manufacturers), and b) you can’t really trust a company that has demonstrated over the past days that, while they haven’t outright lied, they haven’t exactly been transparent either. This is very concerning, from my perspective. So, it could very well be that the Ledger S isn’t affected at the moment, but given their corporate culture, a sudden firmware update could emerge that makes it susceptible. Therefore, it’s best to diversify six-figure sums.

BodybuilderSalt9807
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I think all hardware wallets have this vulnerability in one form or another. Been reading many here saying paper wallets is the best but when you eventually need to move the funds around then you will encounter the same issues.

AL0634
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just do not opt into the service or update firmware. Your seed is safe as long as you don’t share it.

Ansicht von 12 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.