Home Foren Trezor Wallet Aktualisieren auf reine Bitcoin-Firmware

• Dieses Thema hat 8 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Monat von HarrisonGreen.
Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe vor kurzem meinen Trezor Safe 3 gekauft und BTC von Coinbase auf mein Wallet übertragen. Jetzt möchte ich auf eine reine Bitcoin-Firmware aktualisieren und möchte sicherstellen, dass die BTC, die ich habe, davon nicht betroffen sind. Ich bin mir sicher, dass alles in Ordnung ist, aber ich möchte nur sichergehen, dass ich nichts sichern muss, bevor ich auf eine reine Bitcoin-Firmware aktualisiere. Ich bin für jeden Hinweis dankbar. Danke!

PrimoAngelo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You only need the seed frase to reconfigure the trezor after firmware (bitcoin only) reflashing.

supremeMilo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What are the benefits to this?

HarrisonGreen
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why would you use a Bitcoin only firmware?

If I wanted to buy something online with crypto, I absolutely do not want to use Bitcoin for that. Not when it costs so much and takes so long to get a transaction through.

simonmales
      Gast
      Up
      Down

On TS3, when switching to BTC only firmware, your existing seed will be wiped.

So you’ll need to have your seed handy.

Vakua_Lupo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As others have stated, ensure that you have a copy of your Seed Words before starting.
      If you are looking for extra security consider using a Passphrase, this will create a secret wallet that only you have the key to.

Caution – never forget or lose your Passphrase, if you do then the funds in your hidden wallet are gone forever, even your original 12/24 Seed Words cannot recover them.

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It will be fine, so long as it’s naked BTC, and not wrapped (ETH)

> just want to make sure I don’t need to back anything up before updating to Bitcoin only firmware. Appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Before ANY firmware update you should always backup:

1. Seed-mnemonic
      2. Passphrase (even note `none` if none is used)
      3. PIN (convenience)
      4. XPUB of every account that holds non-zero balance
      5. Derivation of every XPUB recorded

I usually have all these before I even load an account, but you definitely need to record it before you flash. Technically, everything but the first two can be guessed, but there are plenty who have grey hairs now over the stress of not knowing the right guesses. Best to do it now.

XKuzza
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have a Trezor One and, in me case, when I switched to btc only firmware it didn’t flashed or wiped anything. It just installed the new firmware and I could use it normally.

dougmike770
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I want to do that too

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.