Home Foren Ledger Wallet Als langjähriger Ledger-Kunde und leidenschaftlicher Verfechter… ist es für mich an der Zeit zu gehen.

Ansicht von 29 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Es ist nicht mehr sicher. Unsere Münzen und Token sind in diesem Ökosystem nicht mehr geschützt.

Es gibt zu viele Volatilitäts- und Risikofaktoren, die immer wieder auftreten.

Ich habe einen Nano S, den ich bewusst in ein paar Tagen aufgeben werde, wenn die neue Lösung eintrifft. Ich werde diese Firma und ihre Lösungen nicht mehr verwenden oder befürworten.

Kuriose Tatsache: mein guter alter Nano starb einfach so nach einem Firmware-Upgrade. Er wurde gerade aktualisiert, nachdem er 3 Jahre lang in unserem Safe gelagert wurde.

Ich danke Ihnen. Ich bin raus.

Embarrassed-Tough-57
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So I’m not clear. What are we saying the dangers of using a ledger actually are? Compared to other hardware wallets that is.

Buzzerk032
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hardware wallets are meant for storing your coins and leaving them there. Not for trading and dApps. Stop connecting to and signing sketchy shit. It’s not that hard.

GroundbreakingArt370
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Not a fanboy by any stretch but Ledger is still one of the most buttoned up hardware companies by far, and they’re also the largest which always brings major scrutiny and criticism.

Glad they sorted all this out and hopefully learned from all this, I still see them as a value add for the industry.

Keep it simple.. stop being a degen, stay humble and keep stacking…

MFKDGAF
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What are you going g to use instead of a Ledger?

BaldCyberJunky
      Gast
      Up
      Down

They mess up over and over, true.. But just use a hardware wallet as a hardware wallet, don’t connect it to any service, don’t stake/lend.

Phillie-at-home
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ultimately you have lost trust and so have I

Sonicthoughts
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Only new leadership will allow the company a chance to survive. Over and over they have failed to listen and be properly managed.

ExamAccomplished6865
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This isn’t an airport no need to announce your departure. Now gittt!

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> Curious fact: my good old Nano died just like that after a firmware upgrade. Just upgrading after being stored in our safe for 3 years.

unrelated to the firmware upgrade.

Old Nano S displays are known to fail i.e. become dim or so dark they are unreadable.

The good thing is that they can get replaced easily. The replacement display costs about $4 on aliexpress. No special tools are needed, and there are video guides on youtube explaining how to replace it. make sure to get the 12-pin replacement display.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803209180125.html

even cheaper here: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805237655177.html

There are other, more expensive source in the US, do a search for Nano S replacement display on ebay etc.

Anyway, good luck with Trezor or whatever other wallet you’ll use. You will soon find that no brand of hardware wallets is perfect, they all have flaws.

BandosPet
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Idk who to trust anymore, put coins in coinbase exchange? I do have Trezor but don’t want all eggs in one basket

s1010238019
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I heard trezor is pretty good, or a good oldfashioned paper wallet

potificate
      Gast
      Up
      Down

To which wallet are you transitioning? I have a few myself to diversify risk, but I’m curious.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> Our coins and tokens are no longer protected in this ecossystem.

i’m interested to know why you think so.

risks factors are everywhere, not just with ledger, and ledger is pretty good with the security of their device. Yes, the security lapse that allowed bad code to be included in a widely used online library yesterday is troublesome, and hopefully they will prevent it from happening again, by changing their procedures and OpSec.

azsxdcfvg
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You guys are nuts. Ledger is still the best by far.

Sithaun_Meefase
      Gast
      Up
      Down

lol okay bye…

OkYou9740
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I still don’t know why people interact with sapos with their ledger, it’s stupid if a dapp is compromised uwill be hacked anyways so.send your tokens store your wallet and if you wanna trade use a metamask with the amount you wanna trade but don’t connect ledger to dapps

highboulevard
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I agree. Please move your 0.00005 BTC somewhere safer.

ethical2012
      Gast
      Up
      Down

How many people put something in the freezer and then go look at it, pick it up every 5 minutes, slam it on the counter and ask why the food isn’t frozen

Here’s an idea. Quit using it as an everyday fidget spinner = not get hacked.

NomadicSplinter
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Bye. Enjoy other hardware wallets that do the exact same thing.

I’m sorry you were irresponsible to not create a wallet that never touches smart contracts and another with less funds that does touch smart contracts

Longtezzies
      Gast
      Up
      Down

All I can say is that most of you don’t have a clue! You do not understand how ledger works, you do nut understand how it compare to other hardware wallets, you do not understand the nature of the exploit! You do not realise that you are the weak link and not the hardware wallet! Personally I’m happy with ledger and
      For my purpose it’s the best option – I’ll happily keep using it!

Skeptical_Kevin
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It still comes down to crypto that can be risky if you’re not careful. Ledger, or any other wallet, is just the tool. I use Ledger because it’s more flexible than other choices.

ZordiakDev
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This is more of a problem with malicious smart contracts

victimnomorepls
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Cya

Avanchnzel
      Gast
      Up
      Down

>It is no longer safe. Our coins and tokens are no longer protected in this ecossystem.

Care to share the proof for this accusation? How is the Ledger device not secure anymore?

I haven’t noticed any mass-reports of funds leaving Ledger cutomer’s wallets, mine included. 🤔

umustdv8
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I kind of have too. Only had my X for a year, but last week I did a simple ETH transfer from Coinbase to my ledger and it’s lost. The wallet address was correct, Coinbase says it was successful and ledger support hasn’t responded. Don’t see my final address on etherscan, so it looks like something happened on the ledger side. I’ve just lost confidence.

Coeruleus_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Bye Qualia the 🤡. I hope you get completely drained some day lol

Outrageous_Peak1042
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What alternative did you decide to move to?

GroundbreakingArt370
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Foundation Passport although I still have my Ledger as a backup

Zolota666
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ah another FUD post thank u truly historical update

Ansicht von 29 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.