Home Foren Ledger Wallet Also… vielleicht waren all diese Beiträge hier in Wirklichkeit Hacks

Ansicht von 10 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Es gibt seit langem viele Beiträge hier, in denen Leute sagen, dass ihre Kryptowährung auf mysteriöse Weise aus ihrem Ledger transferiert wurde. Sicher, manchmal geben sie zu, dass sie ihren Seed in einen gefälschten Ledger Live eingegeben haben, aber es gibt viele Beispiele, in denen die Person schwört, dass sie niemals einen Vertrag genehmigt hat, ihren Seed nirgendwo eingegeben hat und ihren Seed sicher aufbewahrt hat. Sie alle wurden wegen hypothetischer “Benutzerfehler” wie “vielleicht hat sich jemand in dein Sicherheitssystem gehackt und dich dabei beobachtet, wie du deinen Seed aufschreibst” oder “vielleicht hat sich deine Putzfrau Zugang zu deinem Safe verschafft” angeschrien und heruntergevotet, weil es “unmöglich” sei, dass jemand den Seed aus dem Gerät holt.

Diese Fälle sollten erneut geprüft werden.

I_Am_JuliusSeizure
      Gast
      Up
      Down

“Trust us bros, we got you covered for USD 50k”

– Ledger.

Separate-Forever-447
      Gast
      Up
      Down

All of them? Probably not… But it sure does change the equation going forward, doesn’t it?

Could the Restore trustees be compromised? Could the “pre-bip” seed shards have been intercepted? Have the encryption keys leaked? Is the host running ledger live secure?

TheHipHouse
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I think many people as a desperate attempt to get their money back swear they didn’t do anything wrong

Jaromou
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Exactly, this is what I was thinking of afterwards 😳

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s interesting reading the comments in threads like this from the past. It’s never made explicit clear to the average user that a firmware update could enable seeds to be extracted.

As long as you never revealed you seed people thought they were safe, and maybe at worst some rogue app sends to the wrong address so to make sure the verify the final address before confirming.

Could ledger live push a malicious update to steal your keys in the future?
      byu/jupyter23 inledgerwallet

bobbyv137
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This is exactly what’s been playing on my mind for the past few days.

Yes, there were people who clearly made errors such as uploading to the cloud or exposing the physical location of their seed phrase to someone beyond themself.

But…..there were **multiple** people who were absolutely adamant they had generated the phrase themself and secured it on paper only with nobody having access to it. We had some people who swore the phrase had been literally locked up in a safe.

It’s kinda terrifying when you think about it.

EntrepreneurHustle
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yeah I was literally the first person to point out the pattern. I posted about it and got downvoted into oblivion by Ledger fanboys that said it was impossible for the key to be extracted or for there to be malicious firmware installed. Now here we are…

Edit: and to be clear, it never happened to me. I’ve only observed the pattern and pointed it out.

Bkokane
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No. And actually this is what I’m most worried about after all the latest hoo-hah. People will start believing these clowns actually *were* hacked.

freshpandasushi
      Gast
      Up
      Down

agreed

GetEmDaddy902
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Show me all say the stupidest shit 🤣

Ansicht von 10 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.