Home Foren Ledger Wallet Andere Optionen für eine sichere Hardware-Geldbörse

Ansicht von 21 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Nach den jüngsten Entwicklungen von Ledger möchte ich ihnen nicht mehr vertrauen.

​

Ich habe verschiedene Dinge darüber gehört, dass Trezor unsicher ist, wenn das eigentliche Hardware-Gerät gestohlen wird, aber nicht, wenn man eine Passphrase usw. hat. Haben Sie irgendwelche Vorschläge für gute Hardware-Geldbörsen, vorzugsweise Open-Source?

​

Zum Beispiel Trezor mit Passphrase?

Keystone?

Oder andere?

Recent_Run_6856
      Gast
      Up
      Down

KEystone – china
      Ellipal – no opensource / hong kong
      Bitbox02 – very bad touch buttons
      Trezor – Physical atacks
      Ledger – Ledger
      Tangem – Copy cards seed using ur phone (??? what ???)

We’re screw at the moment

AL0634
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Bitbox

softbananapants
      Gast
      Up
      Down

For me, no. I am king shitcoin and the key to my kingdom is ledger, no other hardware wallet will do.. for now

wh977oqej9
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If I am BTC only, I would install Electrum on air-gaped RaspberryPI and run it in cold wallet mode.

Just check signatures for Rapbian and Electrum installation (both opensourced), disable WIFI/BT and you are safe. Probably safer than with any China/HK wallet…

Actually you can take RPI zero without wireless communication, it’s air-gapped by default and very cheap (5$?). Electrum supports multisig, you can buy 2 RPI and make multisig.

TheDigitalPoint
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor isn’t any more secure than Ledger. Either way you need to trust the manufacturer to not slip something malicious into the firmware.

The issue is only that Ledger effectively said the silent part out loud (that you need to trust whoever makes the firmware).

If you need a Bitcoin-only solution, check out Coldcard. If you need something that supports multiple cryptos, Ledger is still probably your best bet.

TheFcknVoid
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Is it just me or is Ledger Live completely shit today? I’m trying to migrate and getting questionable sends and huuuuge delays and bugs.

>Investigating – We have detected an issue with Ledger services for blockchain Bitcoin Testnet (BTC Testnet). This is being investigated by the team.

Maybe from everyone trying to get their funds out of this dumpster fire all at once?

CornFly2014
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Personally I’ve ordered Tangem, as its one of the only wallets out there where by design the private key can never leave the wallet, and the firmware isn’t updatable.

It isn’t perfect of course, for example, it doesn’t have a screen, so the client app must be trusted (it is open source), also because of the design, the backup takes form in duplication of the hardware device (its cheap, but still, you lose all of your backups, you are SOL)

But many many options out there, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution.

paradox501
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Pen and paper, store in anus

Mysterious_Check5910
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Plenty of options if you’re willing to give up shitcoinery

debbbs123
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just stick with Ledger.

Redditisapuppet
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Does anyone have thoughts about Ngrave Zero?

AndyBonaseraSux
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Nope

PDX-ROB
      Gast
      Up
      Down

For now, try not to get a wallet made by an EU firm

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/press-room/20230414IPR80133/crypto-assets-green-light-to-new-rules-for-tracing-transfers-in-the-eu

This is going to trigger some messy and invasive KYC.

Spartanarrow2023
      Gast
      Up
      Down

One question:

What happen if all 3 Tangem cards fail in 8-10 years time, instead of the claimed 25 years.. I think i will be dead, you are dead and all will be dead for Tangem cards users. I meant due to material failures or circuit failure in the cards…manufacturing issues at the onset but degraded over long period of time of storage .

Flaky-Wedding2455
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m going to diversify across several hardware wallets. Expensive and risk goes up that I lose some at some point if something happens, but I would survive if I lost say 25%. I’m terrified of losing it all.

RYN0
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Keystone because it is air-gapped, open source, and super functional. People complain about Hong Kong/China ties but I think the perpetually offline security model and open source nature overcomes that risk.

spioh
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What about paperwallet? If you are a holder you don’t need anything else to just keep your bitcoin safe.

F1shB0wl816
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve been pretty interested in the coldcard. From what I’ve read, it’s like a grey area open source, I forget the term. Apparently verifiable but another entity can’t reproduce it and sell it as the case is with open source.

bitculator
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There are plenty of different Hardware wallets, we have a list you are welcome to checkout at: http://www.bitculator.com/wallets

Hope you find some usefull information 🥳

klimauk
      Gast
      UpLeftUp
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I think the recent developments should seriously raise the question – why pay for a hardware wallet. I don’t see a security benefit compared to just downloading a free wallet on my phone.

Ledger has gone and screwed a whole industry.

Ansicht von 21 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.