Home Foren Ledger Wallet Aus meinem Fehler lernen

Ansicht von 49 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe eine Ledger-Wallet für ein paar Jahre jetzt ansammeln btc und eth seit 2017. Gestern habe ich den größten Fehler gemacht. Ich wollte einige bitcoin in meine Wallet zu kaufen und so verbunden mein Nano S zu meinem Computer. Wie Sie wissen, benötigen Sie die Desktop-App, um Käufe abzuschließen, und ich habe einfach “ledger live” gegoogelt, um den Download-Link zu bekommen, da ich meinen Laptop gewechselt habe und die App auf dem neuen nicht hatte. Ich wusste nicht, dass ich auf einen Phishing-Link geklickt hatte, der mich zu einer gefälschten App führte. Die App sah dem Original sehr ähnlich. Ich authentifizierte alles für den Kauf, nur um herauszufinden, dass alles, was ich vorher besaß, und mein jüngster Kauf kurz nach Abschluss des Kaufs aus meinem Portemonnaie gestrichen wurden.

Die Moral von der Geschichte: Stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie Apps von der richtigen Website herunterladen. Die meisten Betrüger versuchen, die Benutzeroberfläche der App und die Web-URL zu kopieren, damit Sie keinen Verdacht schöpfen. Lassen Sie sich nicht austricksen wie ich.

Update: Die Veröffentlichung dieser Nachricht hat buchstäblich eine Menge Spam-Accounts angezogen, die sich als “Ledger-Support” ausgeben. Ich bin bereits betrogen MF’s!

Update 2: eine weitere wichtige Lektion. Geben Sie Ihre Seed-Phrase NIEMALS irgendwo anders als auf dem Ledger-Gerät selbst ein.

Y0rin
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s not the app that got you. You didn’t follow the #1 instruction:

DON’T TYPE IN YOUR SEED PHRASE INTO ANYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR LEDGER DEVICE

You just typed in your seedphrase and sent it to a scammer. How did that not sound off any alarm bells?

azsxdcfvg
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Even when you download it from ledger.com you should still verify it’s the right one.

Yavuz_Selim
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s so bizarre for me that people don’t know or don’t understand what the recovery phrase (24 words) actually is.

Like, don’t you register that you are literally giving away the key to your funds?

At least 3 alarms should go off when you are asked about your recovery phrase.

drcheemscripto
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Do u write your 24 words?

ApprehensiveClub6028
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I searched “ledger live” and the 6th result was a scam: “sites .google. com/ledgerlivewall.com/ledgerlivedownload/home” (DO NOT VISIT THAT SITE)

People need to get better at recognizing phishing URLs, that one is very easy

pringles_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey – truly sorry to hear about your experience. It’s devastating to fall victim to such scams.

Remember, always download Ledger Live from the official website: https://www.ledger.com/ledger-live and never enter your recovery phrase anywhere other than your Ledger device.

For additional help and steps to take in case of loss of funds, please refer to this guide: https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/7624842382621-Loss-of-funds?support=true

Embarrassed_Sleep_75
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Thank you for warning. If you believe in the potential of blockchain technology, the upcoming bull run may present an opportunity to recover your losses and potentially even make more gains. Keep in mind that investing always carries risks, so be cautious and do thorough research.

cryptowalter4572
      Gast
      Up
      Down

People running around like headless chooks worrying about the Recovery upgrade, but blindly forgetting the basics.

Organic-Chain6118
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Jesus this dude just lost so much of his hard work and effort, posted here to warn us and people are here judging him getting mad at him. I’m sure he us ware he fucked up.

Thank you for letting us know OP I’m sorry for your loss hope you can recover from this

azsxdcfvg
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> I authenticated everything

What exactly did you do here?

RothePro88
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I hope it’s not a big amount

Q3752X
      Gast
      Up
      Down

How were you accumulating BTC and eth since 2017? And what made you divert from said strategy just out of the blue? I thought most people bought their coins and then sent them to their wallets.

I’ve been reading story after story of people doing the same thing. Wtf is going on here? Why is this so hard?

Zaytion_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This is for people reading, OP already has gotten enough heat I’m sure.

Don’t store your seed phrase in a location where you can easily access it.

Wherever it is is for emergencies. Add yourself a personal note, written on paper, reminding yourself you should NEVER be getting these out unless for some emergency like you lost your Ledger and are setting up a new one.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You must have entered / typed your seed phrase in a fake ledger live.

The seed phrase should never ne entered in anything other than a ledger device.

ImmortalSpirit1
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Haha they even want your wife n kids. Wtf ma boi

Coeruleus_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Bro we all know this. Being careless is no way to go through life

CorneliusFudgem
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Sorry to hear this happened to you op hope u hangin in there.

What doesnt kill u makes u stronger right?

u a good person for sharing ur story here to warn others

ddddaaddaaaa
      Gast
      Up
      Down

to add up. using a good browser and search engine can be your first line of defense in the first place. results should be filtered out.
      scammers now promotes phishing link in Google search.

topdutch
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Sorry for your loss! Google gets paid well by these scammers. Use duckduckgo, much safer. Or type website directly in browser, [ledger.com](https://ledger.com)

Don_Gwapo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m so sorry this has happened to you. I don’t know what to say to bring your mood up. Thanks for the advice.

faceof333
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Already advising users not to access ledger thru search engine, but this isn’t a solution, there should a team to monitor fake apps/websites.

Warning:

-Don’t enter your seed into anything except the Ledger device itself.

-Download / update ledger live software from official website only.

-Never use search engine to access ledger website.

-Ignore all messages in your inbox and mark them as spam.

-Never click links or install software from an e-mail.

-Never respond to someone request to download remote applications(Team viewer, anydesk and etc.)

-Always conduct a small amount test while sending or receiving your funds and verify that the correct wallet address was copied/pasted into address bracket.

-Verify your ledger live is authentic:

[https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/w28gjj/comment/igomi2a/?context=3](https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/w28gjj/comment/igomi2a/?context=3)

-Legit ledger app:

[https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ledger-live-crypto-nft-app/id1361671700](https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ledger-live-crypto-nft-app/id1361671700)

-Report scam to:

[team-brand-protection@ledger.fr](mailto:team-brand-protection@ledger.fr)

[https://scam-alert.io/](https://scam-alert.io/)

-LOSS OF FUNDS

[https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/7624842382621-Loss-of-funds?support=true](https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/7624842382621-Loss-of-funds?support=true)

-How I Got Hacked:

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT04055IcNw&list=PL6VM0N695IhlM4rIc3lINb6m60gonDUZk&index=1](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT04055IcNw&list=PL6VM0N695IhlM4rIc3lINb6m60gonDUZk&index=1)

Key-Ad-39
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Sorry to hear about your loss! 😔 It hurts! I’ve been scammed and hacked myself.. I hope you will recover fast 🙏

Chipsandsip1234
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This happened to me 2 years ago on the Microsoft app. Worst day of my trading life. Reddit made me feel worse. Keep going forward you’ll make it back

imJusthere4_meme
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I dis the same mistake about a year ago 😕

Weary_Strawberry2679
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Sorry for your loss OP. Please don’t get downhearted by people around here, that don’t understand how easy it really is to get scammed, even if you know the theory very well — just because your mind drifted away for a any reason and you weren’t mentally focused. To be honest, this is why this technology is not suitable for the general public, and needs to be “wrapped” by an insurance mechanism, like spot ETFs.

Anyways, as many have already said, the true morale of this story is never enter your seed phrase into anything other than your ledger device, even if it is Ledger live asking for it. Perhaps you could update your post to make this clear for others. If there’s one thing that needs to be crisp in everyone’s mind, that’s the one.

Take care brother. It will be OK.

tatopelicano
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Man! I’m really sorry. That sucks. I hope you are ok…

tonyb87
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Nightmare my friend, unfortunately a slight lapse of thought can catch alot of people including me, I don’t even like connecting ledger to my computer incase I do something stupid. Happens to the best if us, hopefully you can DCA for another year and hopefully recoup a decent fund in 2025.

cedarrapidsiaus
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yeah bro honestly just remember, write down those 24 words once. And never again. It helps to memorize them too. You might think this would take too long but you can literally memorize 24 words in order with a few hours practice.

beerbaron105
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You missed one part

YOU ENTERED YOUR PRIVATE KEY INTO THE APP

Rooiboss-boss
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Another example why this all can’t go mainstream…can you imagine the average Joe trying to handle all this….

Two factor authentication is common place now in web2.0 world why can’t they just do that in web3? At least then you would have a control point to stop someone who is making a transaction from your account.

No-Camel2877
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m sorry you lost your investments. You’ve been buying into it for a few year and I’m sure you were aiming to hodl til the values go up and gain some profits. I hope you are able to get safely involved and be in position for the profits when BTC goes to $1 million. It really sucks. There’s not much that is worse than a thief. … my crypto got extracted by a scammer also, $38k , lost. Because a scam site I later found to be fraudulent. I too had “refund services “ bombard me with promises of getting it back. Cold mf’s trying to rob you knowing you were just robbed already. Dirty mf’s. It burns me up just to think about it. … I’m planning on using Ledger for future crypto purchases. I’ll have to do my research for the use of Ledger and safe links. I haven’t switched to cold storage yet but thank you for posting your message. I’m now aware that even though it’s stored off-line, bad things can happen.
      … please be vigilant and I hope you can still profit. I hope you’re not giving up on btc, you will kick yourself when it is in full swing.
      Best of luck to you.

Luxlord1
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The best way is always look the link on their Twitter and make sure when you doing that isn’t hack or download brave which won’t pop up those ads sites which are usually fake

Signal-Secretary4893
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Big flaw in the ledger is that it’s not air gapped.

Huth_S0lo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

“As you know that you need the desktop app to complete purchases”

​

No, you absolutely dont. Any wallet app that supports ledger will do just fine.

ScarFirm4115
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Lol. Stupid bitch.

ElGuano
      Gast
      Up
      Down

>I authenticated everything for the purchase only to find out that everything that I previously owned + my recent purchase was sweeped out of my wallet soon after my purchase was completed.

Do you mind sharing what exactly you did here? Did you enter your 24 words into the fake Ledger app?

Or did you sign a transaction on the Ledger device without checking the transaction details? I presume a fake app can present you with a fake receive address, but I’m also presuming they can’t just give you a “fake” change address, so you must have authorized a transaction sending your entire balance to the scammer’s wallet?

You-Slice
      Gast
      Up
      Down

or you could just buy from a cex which is cheaper and transfer it too your ledger but that’s just me.

fivehints
      Gast
      Up
      Down

How much did you loose man?

sws4re
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Similar thing happened to me. About the time the update came out my account was compromised. Of all the supposedly good things out there Coinbase is the only crypto that hasn’t lost or stolen from me.

HEX-Freedom
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Beware Coinbase narrative of false transaction to your account. They appear to have everything on you but then ask for your phrasewords. Once I heard that I replied I have no idea what he was asking for and he suddenly vanished.

Einsteinautist
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Does anyone ever read the owners’ manual when they get buy these?

rookiecryptoinvestor
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Don’t beat yourself up too bad. I’ve been in crypto for years and recently fell victim to ask him myself and lost 40 grand. All it takes is a momentary lapse in judgment.

kakashihokage
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Don’t feel bad. In 2017 I was in a hurry to log into my Gemini account . Googled Gemini exchange, didn’t see the tiny “ad” on the link, Google actually sold ads to a phisher! They got 72 bitcoins… 450k worth at the time. These are the reason you have to be insanely careful when dealing with crypto. Double check everything then triple check it. Do test sends even if there’s a high fee. It’s worth it.

Low-Attention5751
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I believe the same thing may have happened to me. The difference is I was using my ledger for the first time. I set it up and transferred my XRP from my Uphold account. Everything looked good. I then unplugged my Ledger Nano S and put it in my safe. Ten hours later, while my Ledger was in my safe, all but 10 of my XRP had been transferred to another Ledger. I still am confused as to how a transfer could occur while my Ledger was in my safe and I have never entered my 24-word recovery on any devise. I only wrote down my 24-word recovery when I was setting up my Ledger earlier that day.

Is it possible to schedule a transfer to occur at a later time?

Is it possible for a transfer to occur when the 24-word recovery has not been entered?

HomelikeCritic76
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Sorry for your loss :/

jayboogs69
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m sorry for your loss truly, your sacrifice will help others avoid this in the future

osubuckeye123
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Well said and yes, that download is not good. The problem is that you are provided links to ledger live updates on the app banner but you have to get that first app from somewhere. I just posted to validate via SHA512 and signature as well. This appears to be where scammers are hitting recently so all downloads for an initial install of ledger live have got to be verified before any use.

Also see Ledgers website as they have all this on there to see. Scammers are everywhere. I mistakenly responded to one that saw my receipt for a nano X and it was not one day later they were trying to steal my banking information.

Be vigilant and I would not come here or at X.com for anything of this type. Filled with fake accounts and thet are tricky.

Like OP said, do not input recovery phrase into anything other than another device.

osubuckeye123
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Another thing you can do is create a passphrase. Put in the bulk of your crypto into that passphrase account. Then delete those accounts from your portfolio on ledger live.

This will prevent anyone from getting to these accounts since you need your Nano device to install them back in. Also no one can see what you have. I think this is a good thing to do myself. I don’t know why I didn’t do it sooner as there is no way possible, short of “them” having your recovery phrase and passphrase as well as login codes to even add back those accounts, fake Ledger live or not.

I did write to Ledger about the banner download that installs automatically and why we cannot do a SHA512 verification and signature. I do not like that Ledger has taken that option away. And yes you can download from their site and check as well, but Ledger says you can download from the banner link safely. We will see. I agree. Trust no one. Use another Ledger live to do what you do and another to just hold and never transfer out on. I am in process of that. One virgin ledger device and only transfers into from another Ledger. No other transactions. No updates. No nothing if possible.

VisualActs
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I also lost funds to a similar scam platform. got my money back through the help and assistance of #CRACKZ_12 on instagram.

Ansicht von 49 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.