Home Foren Ledger Wallet Beste Vorgehensweise beim Zurücksetzen meines Saatguts?

• Dieses Thema hat 5 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 8 Monaten von Yodel_And_Hodl_Mode.
Ansicht von 5 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich benutze seit etwa 2 Jahren einige Geldbörsen (S und X) und habe sie nie mit dem zusätzlichen Kontrollwort eingerichtet. Ich denke daran, meine Seed-Phrase für eine bessere Sicherheit von nun an zurückzusetzen.

Hat das schon jemand gemacht? Ich denke, das kann ein langwieriger und kostspieliger Prozess sein – einschließlich Übertragungsgebühren.

Hat jemand einen Vorschlag, wie man das machen kann?

Ich überlege auch, den neuen nano S plus mit diesem Verfahren zu kaufen, weil die Tasten des X absoluter Müll sind.

weedium
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As stated you could simply add a passphrase or 25th word. To be honest, if your seed phrase has never been exposed and no lost crypto then you are in good shape. Your funds would already be gone.

TaterTots_Ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can add a 25th word recovery phrase to your existing seed.
      Here’s a helpful article on the subject.

https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005214529-How-to-set-up-a-passphrase-?docs=true

VariousJackfruit
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You don’t need to reset the seed to add the additional passphrase. You can enable that feature at any time. But you would need to send each of your assets to the new accounts created when the additional passphrase is enabled, so you’d pay transfer fees for each of those transfers.

stock-prince-WK
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve never had an issue with my X or it’s buttons. I used to get the battery error message but that didn’t affect anything when the device was plugged into computer.

After a couple updates…now I don’t even get that message anymore. Knock on wood.

Don’t plan on using my backup Nano X until mine is completely broken. But again, it’s working beautifully.

Yodel_And_Hodl_Mode
      Gast
      Up
      Down

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, learn about what a “25th word” is, what it does, and how to properly use it.

A “25th word” is not actually a word. It’s a string of characters that can include upper and lower case letters, spaces, numbers, and symbols. In other words, there’s a reason why the proper term for a “25th word” is actually a Passphrase.

A passphrase creates entropy, so a longer passphrase means better entropy. A Ledger wallet can use a passphrase up to 100 characters long, but I recommend keeping your passphrase under 50 characters because some other brand name wallets only allow up to 50 characters… thus, a passphrase under 50 characters is more compatible with other wallets, just in case you some day decide to switch.

> Did anyone do this? I’m thinking it can be a long and costly process – including transfer fees.

Yeah, that sucks. I went through the process earlier this year, and I’m glad I did, but the fees aren’t fun, especially for Ethereum. Keep track of when gas fees are low.

> Any suggestions on how to do it?

I highly recommend watching this video: [Picking a Good BIP39 Passphrase (25th Word) or avoiding a bad one. For Trezor, Ledger, & Keepkey](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhjq_1J0EbU)

Ansicht von 5 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.