Home Foren Ledger Wallet Besteht ein Risiko bei der Verwendung der ersten von einem neuen Ledger-Gerät generierten Seed-Phrase?

• Dieses Thema hat 8 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 4 Wochen, 1 Tag von Successful-Snow-9210.
Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Lesen Sie, dass einige Benutzer vorschlagen, dass, wenn Sie ein neues Gerät haben, sollten Sie nicht die erste generierte Ledger-Seed-Phrase verwenden, versuchen Sie 2. 3. und besser verwenden Sie eine Passphrase mit ihm … gibt es ein Risiko, dass die erste generierte Phrase wiederhergestellt/manipuliert werden könnte, wenn es an die Fabrik für Garantieansprüche geht …

No-Understanding903
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As long as you yourself are writing down the first generated 24 word seed phrase and it’s not already implemented on the device (as in someone else wrote it down FOR you and placed the words in with the ledger), you can use the first phrase no problem. Have 3 ledgers all with the first phrase since 2018. No problems

JustSomeBadAdvice
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Well, you’ve got 4 answers all saying “no risk” and all four are slightly wrong. If you trust Ledger’s generation process completely, then there’s no risk, so long as you’re reading the words off the screen. If you don’t trust Ledger’s generation completely, there’s no benefit to using the second or third seed, but that isn’t the same as saying there’s no risk.

There’s *always* risk when it comes to security choices. If you want to ensure that you aren’t trusting Ledger’s seed generation, create your own seed via dice rolling and other randomness. If you google bip-39 diceware you can see how to do this. For selecting the last word in the list, I’m not sure if Ledger displays only valid options for last word or not, as it contains a checksum (has been too long since I entered a seed). But if it doesn’t, you can use a completely offline computer and iancoleman’s tools to generate the missing word correctly, and then wipe the stuff that touched it.

Personally I find it pretty unlikely that Ledger would have taken steps to steal seeds. But if they did, dice rolling will protect against that.

chuoni
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No risk. They’re all generated by Ledger’s certified RNG. But it’s not a lot of work te generate a new recovery phrase, so if it feels better, go ahead.

A passphrase is always a good idea.

Kells-Ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Using the first recovery phrase generated by a Ledger device is safe. It is impossible for a recovery phrase that has not yet been generated to be displayed on the device’s screen. Each recovery phrase is created within the device’s Secure Element and shown only once to the user on the screen.

btc_clueless
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No, it’s fine.

But what’s super important for generating seed phrases is that they must be truly random. On a hardware wallet this is done by a built-in random number generator. Ledger has an article that touches on the topic in case you want to dive a bit deeper: [https://www.ledger.com/academy/topics/security/what-is-the-entropy](https://www.ledger.com/academy/topics/security/what-is-the-entropy)

hobbyhacker
      Gast
      Up
      Down

is there any risk? no

will I do anyway? yes, because why not. I want to make sure it resets itself on wrong pin.

will I redo if I already had a ledger set up with first phrase? no, not worth the hassle

passphrase? technically helps, but have to learn for sure how it exactly works and what it does.

seed recovery without PIN? never happened yet

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Nope, no eisk.

Successful-Snow-9210
      Gast
      Up
      Down

After you’ve written down your 24 word seed phrase verify it using this process.

https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007223753-Recovery-Check?docs=true

Then stamp or punch seedphrase into metal.

https://blog.lopp.net/a-treatise-on-bitcoin-seed-backup-device-design/

Ansicht von 8 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.