Home Foren Ledger Wallet Bewährte Praktiken zur Vermeidung von Räubern

• Dieses Thema hat 7 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 10 Monaten von pringles_ledger.
Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo, ich möchte nach den besten Praktiken fragen, um **physikalische** Diebe zu vermeiden.

Es gibt eine Menge von Gewalt in meinem Land, und ich sehe die Räuber beginnen, auf Menschen zwingt sie, ihre Krypto-Gelder auf ihre Brieftaschen zu senden anzugreifen.

Ich weiß, dass man ein zweites Konto auf einem Ledger als Lockvogel haben kann, aber das wissen sie bereits.

Ich könnte meinen Ledger auch in einem Bankschließfach deponieren, aber ich möchte mit meinem Vermögen aktiv sein.

Was sind also die besten Methoden, um Ihre Gelder sicher zu verwahren?

Vielen Dank!

weirdbird6000
      Gast
      Up
      Down

dont tell anyone you have crypto

Yavuz_Selim
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The only way I can think of is adding a 25th (passphrase) word to your Ledger Nano device. The recovery phrase is is normally 24 words long.

The way it works:

– The 24 word recovery phrase is used to access the ‘regular’ accounts.
      – The 25th word (passphrase) is used to access the ‘hidden’ accounts. As long as you do not mention anything about the 25th word, it is impossible for others to know that you have one.

– You add some crypto to your regular accounts. Just low amounts, something you can afford to lose. When you’re violently attacked, you give the 24 words, and let them access these funds.

– However, you also have your hidden accounts. These accounts are the main funds, and you protect them with the 25th word that only you know. When a robber uses violence, you do not mention or give them the 25th word, only the regular 24 words.

This way, the robber thinks he has robbed everything, but he did not have access to your 25th word, so your main funds are safe.

However, there is one downside: if you forget or lose your 25th word, you will not be able to access the main funds. So, make sure you know what you’re doing, make proper (paper) backups of your recovery phrase. AND ALWAYS: test first! If you’re going to use the 25th word, make sure to test first to see if you understand what’s going on. After everything is OK, you can move the funds to the hidden accounts.
      Also: create a new regular (24 words) recovery phrase for your normal accounts. That way, you start with clean accounts without any transaction history.

Info on the Ledger website regarding recovery phrases:

https://www.ledger.com/academy/passphrase-an-advanced-security-feature
      https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005214529-How-to-set-up-a-passphrase-

b1eifrei
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Sorry my post was redundant to Yavuz_Selim’s which I did not see previously. I will add that it is a little tricky to set up and access the 25th word. Once you have it set up, be sure to try using it a few times before you transfer any funds.

Fooshi2020
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Keep your mouth shut. You aren’t a target if you aren’t obvious.

Darvinesc
      Gast
      Up
      Down

1. When writing down your seed on paper, have a basic sequence that only you know about, so it’s not obvious for robbers to use your recovery phrase. But don’t do too obvious ones like write from 24-1, be creative, but not too much, so you forget yourself.

2. After using your ledger, input wrong pass 2 times, so if you’re forced to open it, it will be locked after one wrong try.

3. Don’t store most of your crypto using adresses that ledger provides directly. Connect the ledger to metamask and use the generated wallet on the second page, so it’s not obvious. This way they may not find your crypto. Because nothing will display in the ledger live. But I would still have some funds just to give it to robbers

OkAbbreviations5052
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I hide my ledger in plain sight. It’s hard to see and if you do look where it is, you won’t notice it. But it’s not even covered with anything lol

pringles_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hi, We’ll be happy to provide some information on this. The only two ways to access your assets are either with your 24 words recovery phrase or Ledger device with Pin Code. As long as you secure them your assets are not compromised. For more information please refer to our article below: https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005514233-How-to-keep-my-24-word-recovery-phrase-and-PIN-code-safe-?docs=true

Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.