Home Foren Ledger Wallet Bin ich dumm, wenn ich bei Ledger bleibe?

• Dieses Thema hat 39 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 10 Monaten von ecn_27.
Ansicht von 39 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich verstehe nicht wirklich, was los ist, aber dieses Sub hat die Tendenz, auf Dinge zu überreagieren (Bluetooth-Funktionalität war eine große Sache, der Kauf von Amazon war ein Problem, usw.) Ich habe das Gefühl, dass viele der Bedenken aus übermäßiger Besorgnis und nicht unbedingt logischem Denken kommen…

Ich habe das Gefühl, dass andere Cold-Storage-Wallets wie Trezor wahrscheinlich auch ihre eigenen Nachteile haben (obwohl Open Source ein Plus ist)

Bin ich dumm, wenn ich bei diesem ganzen Schlamassel einfach bei Ledger bleibe? Ich möchte nicht meine Papiere mit all meinen Passwörtern und so ersetzen müssen.

Steves1982
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I don’t interact with my Ledger.

I just set it up, stored the passphrase safely and just send my DCA to the wallet.

I don’t intend to access my BTC for at least 5 years so I don’t feel I have anything to worry about.

Yodel_And_Hodl_Mode
      Gast
      Up
      Down

**YES.**

This isn’t just about typical pros and cons of this wallet or that wallet.

Ledger told us our keys never leave the secure element of our hardware wallets. They assured us no firmware update would enable our keys to be extracted from our hardware wallets.

Here’s the promise they made, again and again, for years.

> Hi – your private keys never leave the Secure Element chip, which has never been hacked. The Secure Element is 3rd party certified, and is the same technology as used in passports and credit cards. A firmware update cannot extract the private keys from the Secure Element.

> SOURCE: [@Ledger 8:12 AM · Nov 15, 2022](https://twitter.com/Ledger/status/1592551225970548736)

Now, they admit that was a lie:

> **yes a firmware update can extract the seed**

> [SOURCE](https://np.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/13ldgcl/my_personal_view_on_the_pr_disaster_from_a_ledger/jkpnk2h/): murzika, Ledger Co-Founder, Former CEO, and Former Chairman

And because their firmware isn’t fully open, we have no way of knowing if there’s a backdoor to enable key extraction even if we don’t opt in to their new key extraction service:

> There’s no backdoor and **I obviously can’t prove it**

> SOURCE: [–btchip, Ledger owner & co-founder](https://np.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/13itm7u/is_there_a_backdoor_yes_or_no/jkbvys7/)

And it’s not like we can trust their security.

> Ledger wallet users face mounting home invasion and other scareware threats as hacker dumps private customer information online.

> SOURCE: [Cointelegraph, December 24th, 2020](https://cointelegraph.com/news/ledger-data-leak-a-simple-mistake-exposed-270k-crypto-wallet-buyers)

What’s the worst that could happen, aside from a hacker getting access to your keys due to another Ledger security breach?

> If you are a Recover user and have your shard into safeguarded by third parties, then yes, a government could subpoeana them and get access to your funds.
      > Using Recover gives you an easy recovery option and mitigates backup loss, but your assets could get frozen by the government

> [SOURCE](https://np.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/13ldgcl/my_personal_view_on_the_pr_disaster_from_a_ledger/jkpnvnl/): murzika, Ledger Co-Founder, Former CEO, and Former Chairman

Your assets could get frozen by the government. He said it.

> As I said above, if you are referring to Ledger Recover, I said government could get access to the backups of a user, as it’s only a matter of law and is about one user

> [SOURCE](https://np.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/13layt7/my_personal_view_on_the_pr_disaster_from_a_ledger/jkp81y3/): murzika, Ledger Co-Founder, Former CEO, and Former Chairman

The government could get access to the backups of a user. He said it.

> If you are referring to Ledger Recover, a joint government task force could access a user’s recovery backup. I mean it’s just a question of law, two shards could be subpoaned even if they are each in a different jurisdiction.

> [SOURCE](https://np.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/13layt7/my_personal_view_on_the_pr_disaster_from_a_ledger/jkp4o39/): murzika, Ledger Co-Founder, Former CEO, and Former Chairman

So, to answer your question: Are you dumb to just stick with ledger through this whole mess?

YES.

weedium
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I use the passphrase, there is no issue.

Gay4Pandas
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m leaving my shit in ledger for now. I got the s which isn’t compatible with the service. Could still be a back door, but I feel a little safer. Who’s to say dcent and trezor can’t do the same thing if ledger was able to lie?

mills_2011
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Finally a post that talks common sense 🤌🏻

heyY0000000
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There’s nothing better right now anyways

Seattleman1955
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m going to stay with Ledger until it becomes obvious that’s a bad idea. At that point, I’d probably go to ColdCard.

HologramFam
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You should think for yourself and not with the herd. I am aware of everything going on and still trust Ledger and loyal. If you’re not satisfied with the new update, then that’s completely up to you. Don’t let others shame you into believing in a company. Everyone has their own motives and reasons for why they feel and act a certain way based on what’s given.

SearchLarge2149
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Idk man I don’t understand the hate to be honest. The only people overreacting are the people that didn’t understand hardware wallets to begin with. The email hack was unfortunate but I doubt they’d let that happen again. I never use my real name or email for any crypto related purchases like a ledger. Won’t be signing up for the new service. I use two ledgers one for wallets like metamask/phantom and for defi. And the other that contains the keys to my holdings that stake that I won’t be moving much. Moving to Trezor or another hardwarewallet won’t change the vulnerabilities. Whatever ur afraid of with ledger could happen with Trezor too with your insane what if scenarios. Research how hardware wallets work and always have worked, and you’ll realize there’s nothing to be afraid of. I trust ledger and that’s my own choice. If you don’t trust them that’s fine find another service.

Ikeeki
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you trust them and how they run the company then sure. I personally don’t trust them anymore to be competent

suomynona777
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m depositing amounts in Ledger, Coinbase, and I am now looking to add Trezor to my lineup.

daydreaming1980
      Gast
      Up
      Down

the only way ledger can regain trust is by going **open source**…

get a trezor…

don’t keep all eggs in one basket

Quirky_Side9966
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I want an open source one. At least people know what is happening.

Brief-Strawberry-211
      Gast
      Up
      Down

They admitted they can exctract your seedphrase from the device, something, they claimed was not possivle before. Straight up lies. Ledger is just an expensive toy. It is really the same as holding your coins in an exchange and turning in the 2fa lol

Interesting_Ease755
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Depends how secure you want your crypto. If compelled by a court they can access your wallet. If they have the ability to recover your seed for you they have the ability to recover it for anyone if they want to.

levigoldson
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You aren’t dumb to stick with them, but I would say if you just don’t see a problem with being lied to by a company you buy a product from then you are dumb for that.

gvictor808
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s totally fine. Especially if you are just HODL. Just keep your seed phrase safe. The rest is noise.

jjmoon007
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Stick it out other are no better might a well go back to exchange I think I would stick with ledger

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

GregHutch1964
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m staying for now because I still believe it is the most secure on the market at the moment. The other contenders, to my understanding, have the same or similar back door feature that ledger is offering. Going to do my own research and maybe go back to a pen and paper wallet digitally scanned and encrypted.

ghfsigiwaa
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve trust it this far, I guess im sticking with it.

We all gave our trust to Ledger and it’s only cause of this terrible PR that people got scared.

I just wish Ledger would go open source.

darkforeststrikes
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No you’re not. I’m finding everyone freaking out either doesn’t understand how hardware wallet works and/or echoes each other’s soundbites instead of actually bothering to understand the situation.

Mean_Bandicoot_7481
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger gonna be losin money like bud light

IllustriousBug9068
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s easy for emotion to take over but I am personally doing the same thing.

Taram_Caldar
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Not dumb. If you don’t opt in to use the restore service nothing has changed. The amount of bad information and conspiracy theories around this is ludicrous.

nihil1st123
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ignore fudsters let them blow more money on othet alternatives

FewMagazine938
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trust yourself.

DreadknotX
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I order a stax and waiting to get it, so for now I will stay with them and hope they still never get hacked

BusinessBreakfast3
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes.

That’s called simping.

ecn_27
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Its optional folks. I still go with ledger. They offering products to those who want it. Its not mandatory anyways.

Fooshi2020
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m in a holding pattern while I research other hardware wallets. I don’t think there is any imminent danger. Just future uncertainty that I want to eliminate. Definitely keeping my eye on the situation.

chaotic_xxdc
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Seeing what happened last year in crypto. Honestly, nothing amounts to an extreme reaction at this point. At least you should diversify with another wallet, just in case, even if you choose to stick with Ledger.

MikeMiller8888
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m refusing to update my firmware. I want shard free firmware. In my Ledger’s current firmware, I’m good. This works, for now. But it won’t for years and years.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If any of the past incidents are to go by, professionals in the crypto industry and outside of it aren’t really the most reputable individuals. So not everyone feels comfortable having complete faith in them on the basis of maybe they’ll be honest to avoid prison and opportunity to make a lot of money without doing sketchy things.

Even billions hasn’t been enough of an incentive for people to not be crooks.

Lot of it was based on faith/belief like a religion with the nature of closed source where no matter how much time passes you won’t know what is going on with that firmware. So getting very clear confirmation of the capabilities of the firmware run on ledger led to people realizing they had been putting much more faith in a closed ecosystem than they had initially believed.

Truth is we really don’t know. You either choose to have faith in them or don’t.

PristineArm610
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Transferred all my assets to the other cold wallets.
      Leaving Ledger for now until they open sourced their soft and firmware for transparency.
      Dumb? Not.

Ikeeki
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s kinda like my password manager. After a few big oopsies that revealed how the company is run, I switched away from Lastpass finally

I get those same vibes here

Bruno_Alejandro
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Im staying with Ledger for now.

If I have any device that gets upgrades, im trusting the company to put the right thing, if I’m trusting to only be able to make transactions when I press the button to sign, I can trust the same for the keys to leave the device with the same condition, only when I have the physical device and press the button.

If I would have a significant amount to protect, probably i would not trust any company, had make my own cold wallet with a PC that never connects to the internet and use this kind of devices as a more secure hot wallet.

And I say for now with Ledger not because this miss comunication but because I plan to have multiple devices from multiple companies… To me, you never know and is better to diversify even in security

Edit: I would never subscribe to Recover or any service that can hold my keys… What do they think they are, a bank? To me this is the whole point of cripto, to be able to have full control of your money and its a great power and as well a great responsibility…. Not your keys, not your cripto

alby6969696969
      Gast
      Up
      Down

They have a new advert here:

debbie_pinson
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m leaving. Bought a cold card. Crypto is fucking wild, you can’t trust anyone. Ledger breaking some cardinal sins and then pissing on all the customers was just too much. I was furious about the name/address leak.

High chance nothing happens but I’m not taking risks. If anything this made me realize i need many wallets and not 1

Ansicht von 39 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.