Home Foren Ledger Wallet Bitte machen Sie Ledger nicht zum Open Source

• Dieses Thema hat 21 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 11 Monaten von bigoldbert23.
Ansicht von 21 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Liebe Gründer,

Ich bitte Sie, Ledger nicht als Open Source zu veröffentlichen, da es dadurch anfälliger für Angriffe und weniger sicher werden könnte.

Ich kümmere mich nicht um Trezor Wallet, Windows ist Closed-Source, aber immer noch von Millionen von Nutzern und Organisationen vertraut, so dass ich nicht denke, machen Ledger Open-Source ist ein richtiger Schritt, aber ein weiterer leichtsinniger Schritt.

Also, was ist die beste Lösung?

Ich schlage ein Software-Audit durch eine dritte Partei vor, das regelmäßig für Firmware/Software durchgeführt wird.

u/murzika

u/btchip

​

**Hinweis: Jede DM wird sofort gemeldet.**

osogordo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Windows is not trusted more than Linux for things that need high security. Avoid security by obscurity.

Shiba_Fett
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I never DM anyone but now I kinda want to. Such an odd urge. Maybe I’ll just say “hi” or maybe “hello”. Wonder what will happen after he reports me.

Fooshi2020
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Windows is not trusted by anyone. Get your facts straight. People use Windows because they have no choice (I need it to run SolidWorks).

viv1d
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Nice try, Ledger.

reviloxxxx
      Gast
      Up
      Down

security by obscurity?

seems-unnecessary
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Room temprature IQ over here.

Mammoth_Lie9681
      Gast
      Up
      Down

They won’t, don’t worry.

GetEmDaddy902
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s funny you make this post because when this whole thing kicked off I used the exact same comparison as people putting trust into Microsoft and Apple.

I agree with you on this, even the people using a tresor have to trust that the open source code that they uploaded is the actual code being used.

TRUST is a MUST

GreemBeam
      Gast
      Up
      Down

lol who the fuck actually trusts Windows for anything other than an entertainment device? Anything you don’t want under the eyes of Microsofts botnet, you use Linux. Just like 90%+ of webhosts.

Heatproof-Snowman
      Gast
      Up
      Down

OP is clearly lacking attention and asking for it, have some pity and give him some 😉

Thinpizzaisbest
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The Ledger hardware allows in principle for exporting private keys. That makes it a soft wallet, not a hardware wallet. Open source would have prevented that con.

ardevd
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The argument that open source code is somehow less secure than closed source code is beyond ridiculous. Close sourced code can be relatively trivially reverse engineered.

Your example is flawed too. Windows is closed source yet there’s been a gazillion critical security vulnerabilities in pretty much all versions of Windows ever.

Open source means we as users can verify the code the wallet is running. It also lets anyone do code review and assert that the code is secure and something you’d entrust your keys with.

dgcfus
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Windows is malware.

pcfreak30
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You have no idea WTF your talking about and are spewing ignorance. If that applied to the rest of the industry we could not have any trustless systems.

lchrnshv
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Great idea for Ledger. Ledger Teams 365, share your seeds with your friends

More_Ad2661
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Only those who don’t know how to use or the ones that get scared by hearing the word Linux are the ones that use Windows.

UltraHyperDonkeyDick
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The whole point of demanding it to be open source is so that it can be audited.

Your ignorance is almost as dangerous as handing your seed phrase to a third party and expecting it to remain safe.

FaceyMcMoonFace
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Clearly, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Justen-Thyme
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Good idea.

BoreusxL
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger: OK SIR!

bigoldbert23
      Gast
      Up
      Down

“I suggest a software audit by third party to be conducted on firmware/software regularly, this would be convince and safe for everyone.” lol, the only person convinced by this would be you. Who obviously don’t know shit about fuck.

Ansicht von 21 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.