Home Foren Trezor Wallet Der Kauf eines Trezors hat mich nicht zur Ruhe kommen lassen.

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich mache mir jetzt Sorgen, ob meine Trezor T in der Lieferkette gehackt werden könnte, da ich zuvor einige Nachrichten gelesen habe.

So kaufen eine hw machte mich nicht mein Geist friedlich.

Wie könnte ich den Supply-Chain-Hack loswerden? Ich glaube nicht, dass die Passphrase den Hack beseitigen kann. Der gefälschte Trezor sollte in der Lage sein, unseren Seed und unsere Passphrase aufzuzeichnen und an den Hacker zurückzuschicken?

Ich nehme an, wenn ich die Firmware installiere, dann das T durchstreiche, einen Werksreset durchführe und die Firmware erneut installiere, dann sollte die bösartige Firmware durch eine offizielle Firmware ersetzt werden?
      Könnte dies das Risiko eines Hacks in der Lieferkette mindern?

Bitte lassen Sie mich wissen, wie ich überprüfen kann, ob mein Trezor T ein echtes Diamantgerät ist, obwohl es äußerlich in Ordnung ist und bei der Einrichtung alles in Ordnung zu sein scheint.

PS: Ich habe von der offiziellen Website gekauft.

simonmales
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Supply chain attack was executed against those who didn’t buy from trezor.io.

michalsrb
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You could do a canary test. Put a little bit on it and wait to see if it disappears.

Not sure how the existing supply chain attacks work. If I was doing one, I would put a custom bootloader that patches the code generating seed with a pseudorandom one that picks out of a few (thousands) seeds that the attacker knows and can monitor. In that case flashing firmware as many times as you want won’t help and there is no need to also get compromised software on your computer – no need to actually send anything to the attacker. As a bonus it could ignore passphrase or maybe use just first few letters of it – so that the attacker can brute force it. The only defence against it would be to generate seed securely by other means (dice rolls?) and restore that on the trezor.

How do I know my trezor is safe? Nothing disappeared from it yet, so probably ok.

walterpadick78
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If your Trezor was compromised during transit, it probably won’t be able to send your seed phrase to the hacker. More likely, the hacker would put a pre-defined seed phrase, so that when you initialize the device for the first time, it won’t generate a random one.

Here’s how to make sure it’s authentic: [https://trezor.io/learn/a/authenticate-model-t](https://trezor.io/learn/a/authenticate-model-t)

If you install the official firmware, I think it’s pretty much impossible for that trick to work.

CDalberg
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Check out Casa and unchained capital could be an option.

Ansicht von 4 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.