Home Foren Trezor Wallet Die Begrenzung auf 10 Wallets pro Münze in der Trezor-Suite wirft Fragen zum Datenschutz auf

Ansicht von 3 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo zusammen. Auf der Trezor-Website kann man folgendes lesen.

[https://trezor.io/learn/a/multiple-accounts-in-trezor-suite](https://trezor.io/learn/a/multiple-accounts-in-trezor-suite)

Kontolimits in der Trezor Suite

In der Trezor Suite können Benutzer 10 Konten (von jedem verfügbaren Typ) pro Kryptowährung erstellen. Dies ist eine praktische Beschränkung, die dazu beiträgt, die Last auf den SatoshiLabs-Servern zu verringern – die Anzahl der Konten, die von Ihrem Trezor unterstützt werden, ist in der Tat nicht beschränkt.

Die Aussage “Dies ist eine praktische Einschränkung, die dazu beiträgt, die Last auf den SatoshiLabs-Servern zu verringern” lässt mich vermuten, dass sie die verschiedenen von einem Benutzer erstellten Wallets online (und nicht offline auf jedem Gerät) speichern. Dies ist ein kritischer Punkt für den Datenschutz, da sie einem Benutzer mehrere Konten zuordnen können.

Ist Trezor transparent, was sie auf ihren Servern über Benutzer, Geräte usw. speichern?

alwayswatchyoursix
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I don’t think this is because they store your account info. They might. They might not. The reality is that what they are saying doesn’t automatically mean what you seem to think it means.

From my understanding (and anyone is welcome to correct me if I am wrong in any way here) every time you connect to Trezor Suite online it sends the public key of your account to the server and checks all your addresses (or maybe just the first 20?) for transactions and balances. This can happen multiple times in a user session, like if someone goes to refresh their balances because they are waiting for a transaction. And it does this for every single account.

So that’s the load on the servers they are talking about. Every update on your end requires the servers to recheck all the addresses in an account for transactions and balances. Having 2 accounts means the servers do twice as much work. 3 accounts mean triple the work. And so on. So that’s why they have a limit on how many accounts you can have.

Like I said, this has nothing to do with whether or not they store user info. They might, they might not. The limit is about keeping load on their servers to manageable/affordable levels, and that’s really all they are saying there.

dirufa
      Gast
      Up
      Down

They have a backend infrastructure to deal with data requests coming from your trezor client, to show your transactions and broadcast new ones you may make.
      You can set your own node to be queried, instead of relying on theirs. I’m sure they would appreciate.
      Don’t spread fud, ask before making speculations.
      Nothing wrong going on, you just don’t know how things work.

zapla_oe
      Gast
      Up
      Down

>Makes me think that they store online (not offline on each device) the different wallets created by an user.

No wallets are stored online nor offline on any servers.

The only thing stored on the servers are entire blockchain(s) that the frontend interface (Trezor Suite) is connecting to in order to scan that the accounts and addresses (derived from your recovery seed) does have some TX history, thus balance, or not.

Also, If you are too paranoid you can simply connect to your own full node via Trezor Suite.

>Is Trezor transparent on what they store on their servers form users, devices, etc?

Yes, they are:
      https://github.com/trezor/blockbook

Ansicht von 3 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.