Home Foren Trezor Wallet Die Flughafensicherheit hat meinen gelöschten trezor mitgenommen. Wie funktioniert das Zurücksetzen des trezor intern?

• Dieses Thema hat 15 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Jahr, 6 Monaten von souquemsabes.
Ansicht von 15 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich weiß, dass ich übermäßig paranoid bin, aber ich dachte, ich würde hier fragen. Mein Handgepäck wurde von der Flughafensicherheit bei der Durchreise durch ein zweifelhaftes Land durchsucht und mein Model T wurde mitgenommen. Das Gerät wurde gelöscht, aber zuvor ein Seed mit Fonds gespeichert.

Wie funktioniert ein Geräte-Reset? Werden die Daten so überschrieben, dass keine Rohdaten im Speicher des Geräts verbleiben? Mir ist klar, dass ein theoretischer Angriff nicht trivial wäre, aber ich bin einfach neugierig auf die Angriffsfläche.

EDIT: Da alle fragen, welches Land es war, es war die Türkei. Ich wollte niemanden beleidigen, indem ich sein Land beleidige.

YaBastaaa
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What country.

kimsabok
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Sorry to hear that! What country did this happen in? And under what guise did they confiscate it?

Zaytion
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You are not being overly paranoid.

I don’t know the internals. I know if you imagine your future self freaking out because all your crypto disappears, they would do anything to get it back. You can do something about it now. Also if it did get stolen, you may not know why, but you will always suspect it has to do with this moment.

Do your future self a favor and put in the work. Thieves are definitely doing it.

Glugstar
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It doesn’t really matter. You’re going to need a new wallet anyway. Use the opportunity to create a new seed and transfer your old funds to a new address. It costs virtually nothing.

There’s no reason on Earth to take any risks. Just assume it’s unsecure and sooner or later they will recover the data. Migrate to a new seed and sleep well at night.

XMR-Boating-Accident
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Which country?

nerojt
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I found that attaching it to my keys actually causes it to be ignored, and I’ve been in a bunch of countries. I guess it looks enough like a garage clicker.

cuoyi77372222
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If YOU are the one that wiped it (so that you know for sure it was wiped), then you are fine. The wipe process completely removes the seed from the device. It cannot be recovered.

Midar3
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Have you considered that they didn’t wipe your Trezor but instead replaced it? I wouldn’t trust it anymore.

-johoe
      Gast
      Up
      Down

On wipe, the Trezor erases the storage sectors (which writes 1 to every bit of that sector). There is no way of using anything like Kraken’s glitching attack to read out the memory, as it already contains just ones.

Theoretically, there may be some hysteresis effect that a transistor have slightly more electrons on it depending on whether it stored a one or zero before, but I’m not aware that anyone have used that successfully on something as small as the STM32 flash. It requires decapping the chip, nano probes to the transistors and a lot of luck. A few wrong bits would make it impossible to recover the seed, as it is stored encrypted. This is an intelligence service kind of attack and I would only worry about it if you encrypted the nuclear missile launch codes with your Trezor 🙂

matejcik
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Actual answer:

The wipe erases both NOR-flash sectors that contain user data. This means that every bit in said sectors is re-set to 1. (then when you want to write data, you keep the 1s that are there and set 0s where you need them)

In theory, it _miiiight_ be possible to uncap the chip and do some mumbo jumbo with something akin to an electron microscope and figure out which 1s are newly set and which were there for a longer time or something.

In practice, not a chance. In terms of cost/benefit, if they wanted your seed _that bad_, they’d send someone to break into your house and steal the seed. Or just, yknow, the $10 wrench attack.

slvbtc
      Gast
      Up
      Down

He said sketchy country. I would guess Australia as they have no constitutional rights and laws that allow airport security to confiscate electronic hardware if you refuse to unlock the device for them. Yes Australia is that totalitarian.

It will become the case that advanced economies confiscate hardware wallets due to security laws and airport staff in corrupt developing countries will confiscate them in the hopes of stealing money.

Really there should be a way to travel with a hardware wallet in a way that is unconfiscatable. Any ideas?

gvictor808
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No need to worry. Wiping the device secured the keys.

SizzleFinances
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I believe the private seed can be physically extracted from the device. See this YouTube video of a guy doing it:

You will want to create a new wallet and transfer your funds.

ItBurnWhenIP
      Gast
      Up
      Down

When I first red sketchy country I imagined Iran or something not Turkey lol

souquemsabes
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hi, good afternoon everyone.
      Sorry for the naivety of my question, but the truth is that the more I search the internet, the more confused I get, because the suggestions and opinions I see are completely different from each other.
      And the truth is that not even Trezor’s videos on youtube helped me much to clarify my doubts.
      So, if you can guide me, I would be very grateful for the help.
      The question is as follows:
      I have a Metamask account and I bought a Trezor One.
      Now I want to transfer my coins from MM to Trezor.
      My question is whether when I connect Trezor to the MM I should create a new seed phrase, or if I should use the MM seed phrase and recover it on Trezor.
      I’ve seen someone say that this is the correct method, I’ve seen someone say that after connecting the two wallets I must delete the MM from my computer and install it again…etc, etc.
      Can someone help me please?

Ansicht von 15 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.