Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo zusammen;

Gibt es ein Risiko, ETH auf Lido oder Kiln zu setzen, während die SEC-Klage gegen Coinbase und Binance läuft?

Wird es eine mögliche negative Auswirkung auf Lido und Kiln, wo unsere gestapelten Token stecken bleiben? Was ist, wenn eine Klage gegen Lido und Kiln erhoben wird?

Ich schätze die Einsicht von dieser geschätzten Gruppe.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

How is that related to ledger?

Maybe you’d get more answers by asking on a general crypto subreddit, like /r/cryptocurrency ?

Tuned3f
      Gast
      Up
      Down

no, very low risk that Lido’s stETH gets affected by SEC actions imho (as somebody in the space since 2018)

Automatic-Ad3612
      Gast
      Up
      Down

is there still such a thing as a leader sub? i would have thought anything related to ledger would be dead by now …carry on

itsnotlupus
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Some of the SEC’s recent actions are somewhat controversial, but there’s fairly broad agreement that a third party offering a service to take your coins and pay you a dividend is in fact offering a security, with all the regulations that come with it.

Since there has yet to be a single staking service that registers with a SEC, if they have US customers, they are likely violating US securities laws (unless they somehow only sold their securities to accredited investors, which would be a much smaller market.)

To date, the SEC has gone after a number of large exchanges, including Kraken, Gemini, and Coinbase for offering unregistered staking programs to US persons.

It’s not difficult to imagine the SEC would go after more staking/earn-type programs.

On the other hand, so far those actions from the SEC haven’t resulted in customer funds being lost.

NomadicSplinter
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Lido and kiln are very very different technically. And the SEC is more likely to go after lido before it went after kiln because of this technicality.

Are you unaware of the technology?

3e4nc0unt3r
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s difficult to say how the regulatory environment in the US will play out. Someone else mentioned LIDO and Kiln are different and I very much agree, at least with the current Kiln service, so I would suspect any ‘action’ on either may be different.

For someone like Kiln, I doubt the SEC would take action that harmed stakers. Worst case, they ban staking for US users and fine Kiln…..like Kraken, they would surely come to an agreement that would allow Kiln to unstake all US users. They would agree on some mechanism on how to achieve that. The recent action against Binance and Coinbase was not specifically targeting native staking, although there was some reference to the validator as a service type offering, it was largely focused on pooling and custody of assets. It wouldn’t just be Kiln affected if they pursued that route….Figment, Blockdaemon, P2P etc are all basically the same.

Not sure on Lido. That one seems more complicated but I don’t see that they would shut them down and lock users out. SEC taking action against LIDO may impact users harder in different ways though…..panic that leads to depeg, defi liquidations, and a clogged exit queue of stETH redemptions. A run on stETH

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.