Home Foren Ledger Wallet Ehrliche Frage auf der Suche nach Informationen – ist meine Saatgutphrase sicher?

Ansicht von 29 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich bin in eine Tonne von FUD auf die wichtigsten subs laufen und fühlen sich nicht vollständig informiert. Ich habe ein Ledger, das ich die ganze Zeit über kalt halte. Ich schließe es nur an einen Laptop an, der ebenfalls die ganze Zeit über kalt ist.

Was ist der FUD in Bezug auf, und sollte ich besorgt sein? Ist meine Kryptowährung sicher?

weedium
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I personally choose to trust Ledger. All other commercially available HW wallets will require the same level of trust and perhaps more. I usually tend to not join in the hysterics that people seem to love to be a part of.

New_Cartographer8865
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you think ledger will:
      – add a backdoor in the closed source fw, this backdoor won’t be noticed by all the internal reviews + audits
      – add some hidden code in the open source ledger live to retrieve the seed and send it somewhere unnoticed

Then it’s not safe

But my take on this is that it’s very unlikely and ledger is still the best hw wallet out there

F1shB0wl816
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Do you trust ledger?

Realistically I think there won’t be much of an issue with what they’ve done but it makes a huge difference depending on how comfortable you are with it to begin with.

I think the bigger concerns are over how they’ve managed this issue and previous ones. It’s hard for me to trust that they’re making good decisions going forward, especially when alternatives exist that haven’t had the same problems or needing to trust to the same extent.

OmGvGiNyXXX69
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Considering the Recovery situation, I would say nobody can say for certain anymore.

0xAERG
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s still as safe as it was, unless you believe in conspiracy theories that Ledger could add a secret backdoor into your wallet to retrieve your seed phrase without your knowledge.

So far, nobody ever hacked a ledger wallet.

pifumd
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m not making any changes. I won’t be opting in to recover, but I’m not changing hardware wallets.

There’s several examples of the fud in these comments.

NurMom2x
      Gast
      Up
      Down

They lost my trust
      Get a dcent wallet

5dollaryo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you don’t upgrade your firmware and don’t type in your seed phrase into a computer you are safe.

chuoni
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What FUD do you mean exactly? How is your recovery phrase stored?

MinshewStache
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Depends if you want to be the only one with your seed phrase. Some would argue this is the most important rule to f9llow in crypto. And i agree, soibhave a trezor now.

Your seed isnt YOUR seed anymore. (Not safe)

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

t81_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes it’s safe

CipherPsycho
      Gast
      Up
      Down

your seed is safe.

Metalbasher
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Still trust ledger over the alternatives…
      Just keep that recovery seed safe..
      Back it up on a piece of stainless or something..
      I brought a recovery stainless steel plate off eBay
      24 boxes on a shot blasted face…scribe in those recovery words..
      Then hide😉

Sethdarkus
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Also keeping a laptop cold all the time makes it more vulnerable to threats due to lack of windows updates

Far as the ledger goes so far it’s safe even if the computer isn’t however you really wanna read the screen before signing

Reywas3
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Unknown because secure element is closed source. So just trust Ledger 😉

Arkflow
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Only ledger themselves really know if it’s safe. Many still trust it and many don’t. I can understand both sides. I personally will keep with them but I don’t think for the very long term.

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> I’m running into a ton of FUD

Yes, most is FUD. Generally discount it all, your fine.

> I have a ledger that I keep cold all of the time

Yeah, all the FUD is related to 2023 code. If you are running 2022 code there is no FUD to apply. Even the 2023 FUD is… well… FUD.

> What is the FUD in regard to

People noticed on Github that a release of Ledger Live included the ability to take encrypted keys from Ledger Firmware and send them to a pay-for-use backup service.

> and should I be concerned?

No, your device is cold, and the pay-for-use backup service rollout was paused.

> Is my crypto safe?

Totally.

heyY0000000
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Never take a pic of, write it down somewhere safe and never look at it unless you have to.

CorneliusFudgem
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If u generate it urself and nobody else has access to or knowledge of it then it is safe

TheHipHouse
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s a good possibility all these lost coins posts lately are just the other wallet companies trying to keep the fud alive as long as they can

BitcoinGoddess666
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You have to trust ledger, while I don’t think they will do anything malicious. They could expose it

cubeeless
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m not trusting ledger one bit anymore. The company lied and misled customers for years and has lost all of my trust and support. Ledger is not a cold wallet anymore and should be avoided at all costs.

G0DL33
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes. Mostly. Everything has some risk. Nothing is 100% safe so try not to keep all your eggs in one basket.

CoolCircleSpiral
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yer screwed bro just get out of Crypto while you can

Ch40440
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Is the recovery thing only for Nano X, or S as well?

kocknocker
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I just lost70k by keeping on exchange soo…

kenlbear
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Open source is not an advantage unless there is a large crew of active developers not on a single company payroll that are downloading source code and compiling it on a regular basis. This is unlikely for any crypto hard wallet.
      If you can read the source, understand it, and compile it yourself you owe it to the open source community to add your voice. I haven’t heard you yet.

Schwickity
      Gast
      Up
      Down

command sable absurd air soft cautious zealous tart north terrific — mass edited with redact.dev

Ansicht von 29 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.