Home Foren Trezor Wallet Eine einfache Frage. Hat Trezor das gleiche Problem, das Ledger jetzt hat?

• Dieses Thema hat 7 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 10 Monaten von hippofire.
Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich weiß, dass es stark vereinfacht ist, aber kürzlich haben wir erfahren, dass wir Ledger unsere privaten Schlüssel anvertrauen. Das liegt zum Teil an ihrem Closed-Source-Sicherheitselement und daran, wie ihre Firmware funktioniert.

Ich verstehe es nicht ganz, auch wenn ich viel darüber gelesen habe, aber;

Besteht bei Trezor grundsätzlich das gleiche Problem? Kann mir jemand helfen, dies besser zu verstehen?

Sehr geschätzt

ElGuano
      Gast
      Up
      Down

From my research:

1. The short answer is Yes, a Trezor can be flashed to export your private keys, particularly if Satoshilabs chooses to do so.
      2. The longer answer is “Yes, but…” as described by others below. Trezor firmware is open source. Trezor doesn’t use a secure element. Trezor has NEVER CLAIMED that the seed phrase is locked down against malicious firmware or hardware intrusion. Instead, they use transparency (open source, code signing) and disclosure (unsigned firmware warning to guard against this. Whereas Ledger is closed source requiring unverified trust, and has now exposed material misstatements about the security mechanism of the ledger devices.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

ghfsigiwaa
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you’re talking about if private keys can be extracted, YES

If you talking about the PR problem with ledger, then NO

Trezor is open source so you can see that they don’t have any code to extract the keys.

If somehow, through all the rounds of audits and security checks, the code with extraction capability makes it into production for Trezor, and without the prying eyes of this community catching it, then YES, it could very well have the “SAME PROBLEM” of being able to extract keys

noxtare
      Gast
      Up
      Down

yes, all hardware wallets have the same problem. until project tropic comes out you should just use multiple wallets and PF

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> Does Trezor have the same problem

No. Trezor is opensource and I can [cryptographically prove](https://docs.trezor.io/trezor-firmware/common/reproducible-build.html) that the firmware on my Trezor matches the source, which I personally audit, byte for byte.

K42st
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes it’s just the same except it would be picked up by those who survey the code, not really sure why everyone’s so hooked up on can they steal my private key.

Firstly they’re running a business and there’s more money to be made selling you their wares (don’t shoot your self in the foot) but keep selling that makes money, some people might like to know they can regain a private key through firmware updates same as ledger.

What you need to do is homework about how easy your Crypto is hacked without even knowing your private key, if you understand the truth Ledger news is a big laugh!

And anyone with a hardware wallet is not safe if they use it, their funds are only safe if they don’t ever use it, once you interact information is out there and can be compromised, ENOUGH SAID.

hippofire
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes but open source

Ansicht von 7 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.