Home Foren Trezor Wallet Eine Menge Leute posten “Trezor geleert”, sollte ich mir Sorgen machen?

• Dieses Thema hat 20 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Monat, 3 Wochen von DarwinsTheory4Real.
Ansicht von 20 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Ich habe viele Beiträge gesehen und viele Leute gehört, die sagen, dass sie schon eine Weile in Krypto sind und aufgewacht sind, als ihr Trezor leer war. Offensichtlich sagen sie, dass sie nirgendwo Seed ausgesetzt haben oder den Pin irgendwo ausgesetzt haben. Sollte ich besorgt sein? Oder ist da mehr an der Geschichte dran. Vielleicht Betrug? Kann mir das jemand erklären?

imfluke
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ensuring the security of your Trezor wallet involves a combination of best practices and awareness of potential vulnerabilities. By acknowledging that human error often presents the greatest risk, you can significantly improve your security posture. To protect your Trezor from attacks, it’s essential to focus on the following measures:

1. Utilize a strong passphrase that is longer than 10 characters, incorporating a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. Ensure your passphrase is unique and not derived from easily guessable sources, such as book excerpts or song lyrics.

2. Always verify the firmware’s signature on your Trezor’s display against the official signature available on the Trezor website whenever you perform a firmware upgrade. This step is crucial in safeguarding against unauthorized or malicious software updates.

3. Use your Trezor exclusively on your personal computer or a computer that you are confident is secure and free from malware that could record your keystrokes. Ensuring the device you use is clean and secure is essential in preventing unauthorized access to your wallet.

Implementing these strategies will effectively shield you from the majority of technology-driven attacks. However, it’s important to recognize that social engineering attacks present a more nuanced challenge. These types of attacks exploit human psychology rather than technological weaknesses and require a different approach to defense. As such, staying informed and vigilant against these tactics is vital, regardless of the device you are using.

Edit: Apparently, the second point is not needed, as the device’s bootloader checks the signature’s validity.

Edit 2: The third point is less critical on devices that have a direct interface for entering the passphrase.

toast_training
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you practice good seed / passphrase hygiene , check addresses on device and basic physical security and don’t fuck with shitcoin smart contracts then you are not going to get your Trezor drained. Every genuine report here is where the user fucked up somehow. Remember that one guy last month? Turns out his PIN was the same as his door code and he got drained by his housesitter – that’s the dumb shit people do.

Tropixgrows
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I feel a bit uneasy every time I see these types of posts.

Seems about half of the time it ends up being stolen by someone they know (physical access to device and info). The other half I never hear anything again. Maybe some are FUD posts from their competition.

I agree, it’s a worry. My trezor sits there packed away but I have pangs of worry that I will plug it in and there will be nothing on it.

poyoso
      Gast
      Up
      Down

ALL of these anecdotes are user error.

Icy_Effect_2277
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It’s a 1000x safer than any hot wallet.

Trezor is the industry standard.

Vakua_Lupo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Mainly FUD, low security with Seed Words, and people playing with things they don’t understand. If you use your Trezor for long term holding, and a Cold Wallet for all the other stuff there shouldn’t be a problem. Using a Passphrase is also a good option for higher security.

Otto-Bin
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If my Trezor only has seedwords + pin code, is it possible to enable the passphrase protection now that the wallet is already set up?

Or do I need to regenerate the wallet seed things

crunchyeyeball
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It almost always turns out to be poor security practices.

Users will initially swear that their seed was just written down on paper, but later let slip something daft like “*well, I did type it into Metamask*”, or “*I did take a photo of it*”, or “*I did re-enter my seed after that ‘support email’*”.

kinch07
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Don’t know one legit case of that personally.

dmdhodler
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you don’t make basic mistakes it is safe to use Trezor devices. People lose funds when they type their recovery seed backup online, when they cannot find their backup during recovery, when they forget their passphrase, and so on.

Reywas3
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Maybe cuz everyone’s checking their stack now because of the bull market?

scotto1973
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Not unless you are an idiot who gives away the book with the seed on the final page, stores the seed in lastpass or leaves your roomate alone with a sticky on top of your trezor that has the pin on it

Keep it secret. Keep it safe.

bombaclot951
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I made a standard wallet. I want to set up a hidden wallet with a passphrase now , just for that extra layer of security.

benjaminchodroff
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor (or any hardware wallet) does not protect your physical seed phrase backup, or stop you from signing a malicious transaction. I’ve been using Trezor for over seven years and I have zero regrets – but I’ve also been extremely careful with ensuring the seed phrase is locked up and I avoid signing transactions with my cold wallet address.

ggeorgieev
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You should, if you don’t know the rules of self custody.
      Otherwise there is nothing to worry about.

UpsetPush
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you want to connect to daps use a separate trezor do not expose your seed. Not even to the camera on your laptop. Seal
      It hide it and use one trezor for cold storage only I mean only. The scammers are developing ways to break into everything

ethical2012
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Lots of fake posts. FUD and they privately contact people that respond…. Disregard most.

EfraimK
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Respectfully, OP, this isn’t the place to ask that question. Arguably, the majority here are Trezor’s fanbase. The replies you get are likely to be severely biased. Do your own research on Google, in other crypto rooms on Reddit and other social media platforms–especially ones that don’t support community censorship (for other than violating the law….). Also check out [posts on Trezor’s own community](https://forum.trezor.io/) .

Be wary of posts or communities disparaging or dismissing others for becoming victims of increasingly complex web3 (and other) fraud. [2023 saw billions taken in web3 scams](https://cointelegraph.com/news/1-8-billion-lost-web3-hackers-fraudsters-2023-immunefi), but the tech-fan communities would have you believe this is the fault of victims. Yet few complain when they’re scammed out of TradFi money but are covered by consumer protection laws. There are still many serious fraud risks the crypto-tech space through its armies of fans and slick marketing teams tries to minimize. But no one is likely to care or make you whole if you become a victim. DYOR. Good luck.

lIlIIIOK
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There were posts like that since I originally got my trezor one, 3 years ago.

Lately there’s been a lot more often, from people allegedly doing everything right.

We can say to ourselves they’re lying or the competitors are spreading FOMO but personally I’m jumping ship

DarwinsTheory4Real
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I heard a rumor that if an airdrop magically appears, it may be connected to a scam that can access your Trezor if you try to send the airdrop back to the sender.

I don’t know if that’s true. Perhaps someone here can verify.

I like the first answer here (3 steps). Safe is determined by privacy. Keep everything a secret from everyone else. Find a way to do that. And, trust the keys only to someone who has a legal responsibility to keep your information secret.

Ansicht von 20 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.