Home Foren Trezor Wallet Eine Passphrase setzen, was für eine Qual!!! 😰

• Dieses Thema hat 9 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 1 Monat von loupiote2.
Ansicht von 9 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Trezor Safe 3

Ich habe zum ersten Mal eine Passphrase eingegeben (über das Gerät, nicht über die Tastatur) – autsch! Was für eine Qual! Sogar meine Augen tun weh. Ich habe etwa 28 Zeichen eingestellt.

1. Warum verlangt der Trezor, die Passphrase zweimal einzugeben?

Ich habe es zum ersten Mal eingestellt und Trezor hat mich gebeten, es noch einmal einzugeben, um es zu bestätigen, ok, gut, aber als ich zurückging, um die Wallet einzugeben und zu benutzen, fragte Trezor mich zu meiner Überraschung noch zweimal, so scheint es, dass man die Passphrase immer zweimal eingeben muss. Ist das richtig?

2. Wie groß ist das Risiko, die Passphrase über die Tastatur und nicht auf dem Gerät einzugeben? Vielleicht “zeichnet” Malware auf, was ich auf der Tastatur eintippe, oder etwas Ähnliches?

3. Wenn man auf dem Gerät auf ZEIGEN drückt, um zu überprüfen, was man eingegeben hat, sieht man so etwas wie: …rd word wordyou cannot!!! die ganze Passphrase, also kann man nicht bestätigen, was man eingegeben hat. Ich erinnere mich, dass ich gelesen habe, dass jemand das erwähnt hat, und ja, IMO ist das ein großes Problem.

4. Ich denke, dass das Hinzufügen von Leerzeichen ein wenig riskant ist, da man auf dem winzigen Bildschirm das Leerzeichen doppelt eingeben kann und nicht sieht, dass es ein doppeltes Leerzeichen gibt. Ich wünschte, die Leerzeichen wären mit einem Symbol oder etwas anderem markiert, wenn man auf SHOW drückt. Das Hinzufügen von Bindestrichen ist noch mühsamer, da man ein weiteres Menü aufrufen muss, nämlich das Menü Symbole.

Insgesamt füge ich meine Gelder immer noch nicht zu meiner versteckten Wallet hinzu, ich denke darüber nach, etwas Kürzeres zu erstellen.

Bonus-Fragen:

5. Es gibt keine Möglichkeit, Passphrasen zu löschen, richtig? Wenn man sie einmal erstellt hat, bleibt sie für immer bestehen.

6. Was passiert, wenn ich die Passphrasen in den Einstellungen deaktiviere? https://imgur.com/1NbNqzn

Die Deaktivierung löscht natürlich nicht die versteckten Geldbörsen oder etwas anderes Schlimmes… einfach nicht in die versteckten Geldbörsen gehen?

Vielen Dank

sos755
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The passphrase is not really a passphrase. It is more like a seed phrase extension. If you enter a different passphrase, you will get a completely different wallet.

The device does not keep a record of the passphrase, so it does not know if you typed it correctly or not. If you type it incorrectly, you will open a different wallet that will be empty. So, when you open an empty wallet with a passphrase, the software is just making sure that you typed the correct passphrase.

my-daughters-keeper-
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yes I had problems with spaces not being seen in passphrase. I think it only asks twice for the passphrase while wallet is empty?

brianddk
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Upgrade firmware, and if the problem persists, log it on github.

There was lots of UI work to fix the char wrap limit across the product line.

1. Look at session ids. Trezor supports session IDs to prevent this. Upgrade firmware to enable
      2. Yes, keyloggers are the risk
      3. Upgrade and retest. Please log in github if you can confirm. Include an image of your Trezor screen
      4. Can’t pick a character that might not actually be included.
      5. Yes, a passphrase wallet will always need a passphrase to unlock its assets
      6. Then SOME wallets will assume you don’t have one, others will ask anyway

Ant1sociaI
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It only asks you to type your passphrase 2x if the wallet it finds is empty
      Onse you transfer funds to your hidden wallet it will only ask for the passphrase once.
      Yea, typing it on the device itself is a pain in the butt, but I don’t do it as oftern, so I’m ok with it bothering me from time to time.
      You don’t really need a long passphrase, as long as you set a not so easy to guess one.
      (For example, one of my former passphrases was B1tbox, and that was more than enough to keep my wallet safe)

joeltang
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Trezor with the touch screen is so good for this.

EastRelation7297
      Gast
      Up
      Down

There is a bug in suite v24.2.4 & safe 3 v2.6.4

After entering my passphrase correctly it loaded my coins but now says at the top that I entered the passphrase incorrectly and wants me to enable the passphrase….

No matter how many times I enter it, it says my passphrase is wrong.

So frustrating man!!

LukasReturnz
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Someone already said you only need to type it twice if it’s empty. And there’s actually no problem in typing it on your pc, without the seed phrase (which you never will type/have digitally) or the hardware wallet itself, the passphrase is completely useless.

Trezor_Karma
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey [spatafore](https://www.reddit.com/user/spatafore/),

Many thanks for your honest and considerate feedback. I want to assure you that it has been received by our product team, and the points you raised about **spaces** have definitely made an impression!

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

28 characters for a passphrase seems an overkill. 15 is way enough to be safe from a bruteforce attack by anyone who would know your recovery seed phrase.

Ansicht von 9 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.