Home Foren Ledger Wallet Entschuldigung, aber ich muss das einfach fragen: Woher wissen wir, dass durch Passphrasen geschützte Konten immer noch sicher sind, wenn niemand sie verifizieren kann?

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Genauso wie sie behauptet haben, dass die Seeds niemals die Geräte verlassen könnten, sagen sie jetzt, dass die Passphrase kein Teil der Wiederherstellung sein wird. Aber woher sollen wir das wissen, wenn die Firmware nicht als Open Source verfügbar ist? Ich möchte aus vielen Gründen nicht auf ein anderes Gerät umsteigen. Die Passphrase ist der letzte Strohhalm, ich hoffe wirklich, dass sie sich hält!

BusinessBreakfast3
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No need to be sorry, it’s a valid question.

And here’s the answer: we **don’t** know.

After all this, it’s best to assume that Ledger has all your keys and move on. Trust me, you’ll end up thinking about this every month if you stay.

I switched to BitBox02.

LifeReboot___
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No, you can never know. So you either risk it and find out when it’s too late, or move to a better self custody option. Ledger is not true self-custody anymore, and if I have to trust my money with someone I rather trust highly regulated firm like Coinbase or Kraken than Ledger the company that have been lying all the time.

pringles_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey – Passphrases indeed are not supported by Ledger Recover. We are planning to open source Recover so that users can verify the code and get more transparency in everything we do. More info here

Spartanarrow2023
      Gast
      Up
      Down

everytime you key your passphrase into your ledger to gain access… what will the device do? comparing your keyed passphrase with the stored passphrase right… so your passphrase is actually stored in your ledger… similar to the 24 seeds… so if fw is written to extract the 24 seeds, what makes u think it can’t be written to extract your passphrase too??? Bite the bullet…. buy a new wallet and create a new set of seeds. transfer all cryptos to it. The Trust is broken… enough for me…

_slyme_GRN_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No one ever said the pass phrase protects you against the recover feature

CorneliusFudgem
      Gast
      Up
      Down

u make the passphrase urself and u can literally make up random words or sequence of numbers and letters. u can use passphrase safely no worries.

also there is lot of lies about how seed is created. i think people are jumping gun a little bit and need to research before jump to conclusion

Ansicht von 6 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.