Home Foren Ellipal Wallet Erzeugung von Saatgut mit geschlossener Quelle

Ansicht von 5 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Warum sollte ich ellipal vertrauen, dass mein Seed nicht kompromittiert wird, wenn er generiert wird? Das Gerät ist luftdicht, was bedeutet, dass während des Generierungsprozesses keine Kommunikation stattfinden kann, aber eine Hintertür durch die App könnte Ihre Schlüssel über den QR-Code verraten, wenn Sie eine Transaktion durchführen wollen.

Crypto-Guide
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The issue here isn’t that your seed can be leaked, but rather that the seed generation could be deterministic or far less random than it appears. (Meaning that it doesn’t need to be leaked in order to be compromised)

Adding a passprase can mitigate this if you are worried, but also adds additional complexity to your backups.

MikeSchroeder91
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Your secret phrase never leaves the ellipal device, u only sync the public wallet address on the app with the QR code. The same address u would give to someone to send u crypto or do normal transactions

Flaky-Wedding2455
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I wanted a 24 word seed so I generated my own offline with a different hardware wallet and imported that seed into my ellipal. Anyway it’s an option if you happen to use another hardware wallet as well but you absolutely must be 10000% sure your seed you are using on the other wallet is good and will restore it or you lose all of the crypto on it (I knew mine was good but also had a clone backup wallet just in case). Not sure if now you can make a 24 word seed but previously you could not.

Ellipal_official
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hey, we support recovering wallets with seed phrases from the source you trust.

​

Also, you can choose ELLIPAL Joy to generate seed phrase with an open-source seed phrase generation rules.

Ellipal_David
      Gast
      Up
      Down

1. Ellipal support users creat the account via mnemonic recover, you can generate the mnemonic anywhere you trust

2. Ellipal’s QR code info canbe verified any time

3. Ellipal’s QR code funciton is open source code, you can check it any time

Ansicht von 5 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.