Home Foren Ledger Wallet Erzwingen der Aktualisierung der Firmware auf 2.2.1

• Dieses Thema hat 14 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 9 Monaten von pringles_ledger.
Ansicht von 14 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo. Ich habe heute versucht, einige Token auszutauschen. Ich bin auf 2.1.0 und möchte auf dieser Version bleiben. Ich traue diesem neuen Vorbereitungsupdate für die Schlüsselextraktion nicht. In Ledger Live heißt es jedoch “update firmware to continue”. Also ist Ledger Live im Grunde nutzlos, bis Sie die Firmware aktualisieren?

xer0h0ur
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Sounds like you made the mistake of updating Ledger Live. You’re not supposed to update that software if you’re no longer using the latest firmware. You need to keep a copy of older Ledger Live that is compatible with the older firmware you’re using. This is what I’ve been doing for a long time already.

rjm101
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Last time I checked swapping on ledger live was a ripoff anyway. Look for alternatives. My suggestion is to look into [THORswap](https://app.thorswap.finance/swap) for crosschain swaps that you can still use with a hardware wallet like ledger.

Obviously DYOR so you don’t need to trust what I say.

Wayne2018ZA
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You could downgrade Ledger Live for now, so it won’t force the firmware upgrade. Here are all the old versions.
      ledger.com/ledger-live/lld-signatures

tchofs
      Gast
      Up
      Down

ledger S best ledger now

broccolihead
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You don’t have to use ledger live ever again. Connect your ledger through metamask and use uniswap or any other decentralized swap.

Active-Degree-1430
      Gast
      Up
      Down

the bottom line is, if you don’t trust the wallet, find something you do trust and transfer your tokens onto that

nightwind_999
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Btw this update is for only nano x or even s plus?

nightwind_999
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Use some other wallet like sparrow

Reccon0xe
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you have a significant amount you cannot afford to lose, it shouldn’t be on a single device anyway, either split it up on multiple devices and use passphrase or use Safe multisig.

I have no issue with 2.2.1, I use a passphrase and tbh don’t have a bullcycle worth of gains on it anyway but when I do, I’ll be doing the above mentioned.

brand99tz
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I wouldn’t worry about it since any interaction you do with the blockchain requires signing/confirmation, a transaction/message cant just sign itself by simply having the firmware updated

cryptowalter4572
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean that they’re not really out to get you.

gre9467
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You can use a Ledger Nano S with no issues, because they did not make a Recovery option for that version. Recovery only applies to the Nano S Plus and Nano X. Also, you can update the firmware to 2.2.1 on your Ledger. Remember, you have to opt-in for the Recovery option, and it is also a paid service. So as long as you don’t do either of those things, simply upgrading the firmware does not mean you are joining the recovery service.

There really is no need to use Ledger Live for swapping anyway, with other options like Uniswap, Pancakeswap, and Thorswap. Also, the Brave Browser, being a web3 browser, integrates perfectly with Ledger. However, if any of this information doesn’t set you at ease, then just get a Nano S, and you can forget about everything else.

canadianragweed
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Now that I have everything off Ledger I feel I can comment. That’s correct, you can’t do hardly anything until you update the firmware. You can’t even unstake. So go ahead and update it and move EVERYTHING as soon as possible.

pringles_ledger
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Hi – if you do want to update the firmware of your Ledger device then you can still swap your tokens using different swap service providers directly. You can connect your Ledger device directly to their website via Connect Wallet button and swap your tokens from there.

For ERC20/BEP20 and Polygon tokens you can use Paraswap: https://www.paraswap.io/

For other chains you can use Rango Exchange.
      https://support.ledger.com/hc/en-us/articles/8561123426461-Swap-crypto-with-Rango-Exchange

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Ansicht von 14 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.