Home Foren Ledger Wallet Es scheint, dass sich die Gemeinschaft nach 3 Tagen wieder beruhigt hat?

• Dieses Thema hat 32 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 10 Monaten von loupiote2.
Ansicht von 32 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Kein Trolling. Ich habe nur etwas bemerkt. Ich respektiere Ihre Meinung wirklich.

Die Leute in diesem Sub fragen nach Alternativen, seit die Recover-Funktion angekündigt wurde, ABER viele Leute sagen, dass sie bei Ledger bleiben werden, da andere Wallets immer noch das Gleiche wie Ledger tun können. Einige sagen, Ledger ist immer noch die sicherste Wette.

Ich verstehe, dass diese Funktion keine gute Idee war, aber wenn man sich die Kommentare anschaut, scheint sich der Staub bereits gelegt zu haben.

Ich benutze Ledger schon seit vielen Jahren und hatte keine Probleme. Jetzt die Wallets zu wechseln, wäre ein riesiger Aufwand, also warte ich im Moment einfach ab.

War das eine Überreaktion? Wenn Sie anderer Meinung sind, welche Alternative würden Sie jemandem vorschlagen, der BTC und ETH hält?

Mammoth_Lie9681
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I told ya!

Bkokane
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m just hoping I can get a cheap Stax on sale after all the cancelled preorders

NomadicSplinter
      Gast
      Up
      Down

As soon as a better option shows itself I’m jumping over to a new hardware wallet. Ngrave is lookin good but we shall see. In the mean time I’m not buying a new ledger and I’m going to be using my old ledger nano s.

OneTotal466
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Much ado about nothing.

Hulkstr8
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m not sure how I feel. I don’t see better options, but Ledger hasn’t even given us any answered how they’re going to move forward.

I just bought two more wallets for friends the day this all went down and I think I should cancel. I need a clear and unified plan from Ledger.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

> It seems that after 3 days the community has calmed down? Not trolling. Just something I noticed. I truly respect your opinion.

Activity is highest during the breaking news. This goes for pretty much everything. People have interest in commenting then lose interest in commenting, but it is not itself a reliable metric of what they are thinking.

It’s only reliable in terms of activity in commenting has fallen. People make their decision and move on and some stay and show support, but the participating community doesn’t stay consistent to be a reliable metric of the community as a whole. Only the presently participating one.

Simple example can be discussions around a TV show that was critically acclaimed and then got backlash at the end, and then conversation naturally died out and then those left over can be ones who still loved the show. Just looking at the participating community it wouldn’t be the most reliable to say oh I guess those who watched it as a whole have calmed down. Maybe, but it could be they more lost interest in participating and still think it is crap, but calmed down in terms of social media activity and lost interest in that aspect. It’s the natural news cycle even for stuff like news around violent acts of terrorism.

Spartanarrow2023
      Gast
      Up
      Down

that’s where the storm will come one day… during the calm days… I am not taking the risk. the issue is all about human error, the root cause… email leaked… one day, a hacker will be made famous if he/she bring down this company…

greencandy2000
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I just joined this community to look for a better alternative. I’m still actively researching other options and have plans to migrate to another device.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yeah, a lot of people realize now that firmware always has access to the seed on all hardware wallets, so they have to trust it, and they also have to trust chip manufacturers that there is no backdoor on the chips.

Ledger is still one of the safest hardware devices, and it is all a matter of compromise between security, convenience and trust.

libert-y
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Because most of us left? Think about it. Just check all the other hardware wallets sub-Reddit. Are flooded with ledgers exiles

lurninandlurkin
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I went from angry and trying to get information to disappointed and looking at better options. There is no need to keep posting the same things over and over, if you’re happy, stay if you aren’t, vote with your feet.

nthnxeedsxess
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ppl have ordered new wallets and realized ledger dgaf and moved on

Kgeezy91
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Nope, I’m just over the brand. I’m holding on till I’ve been able to research a new cold wallet then I’m permanently done with this shit.

bricarp
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Take a look at the accounts that are saying positive things about Ledger. Look into their post history and account history.

Mooncow027
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Some people have had time to think and reflect. They are still angry no doubt. They went from ‘Joe Peschi’ angry to a slightly less ‘Clint Eastwood’ angry.

rjm101
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Calmed down sure but we’re still pissed. I’ve been actively researching alternatives.

oktay50000
      Gast
      Up
      Down

well nothing to do anymore,they dont care,most people including myself,canceled stax order,got new wallets , done with ledger but fallowing to see whats next for it

MannowLawn
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Calmed down? Lol, no we now know how to look at ledger and make sure that newcomers are also aware. No sane person here will buy another ledger.

Cour_Wara_Le_Sarom
      Gast
      Up
      Down

No reason to repeat everything over and over again. I just decided to leave my ledger for the smaller alts that are “not so important” and bought another wallet for the important ones. Also…the wallets that i’m going to purchase in the future aren’t going to be ledger.

eric2041
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Im keeping my ledger because for right now, I trust ledger. Im not afraid of ledger stealing my funds but I am worried about all the negative press killing the company THEN something bad happening. I have no idea what to do right now. Maybe put everything under the 25th word passphrase?

HologramFam
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I personally think the community had every right to feel outraged albeit I feel like some overexaggerated their reaction towards the update just a tad bit. Ledger will be fine as a company. I’m OK with the update. Some aren’t. That’s fine with me. Ledger will still be the best HWW guaranteed after all the dust settles. People will look back and realize that buying a trezor or another HWW was nothing but a downgrade decision out of unnecessary spitefulness or they’ll be happy to an extent. I couldn’t care less what other people do with their money. I just want Ledger as a company to not feel guilt-tripped or shamed for doing what’s best for them. I’ll get some heat for my response, but I’m honestly disappointed how far others went to slander Ledger as a company. Looking forward for Ledger to finally not feel suffocated by the online community and go back to posting on twitter again.

NoVegas0
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I have a Nano X that I refuse to update the firmware on after learning this.
      I’ll be okay for a while but in the long run, I already prepuchased a Stax and I’ll have to decide to keep with the Stax or sell it and move to Trezor.

evopty
      Gast
      Up
      Down

It just changed to… I am safe with Ledger now since I have not made the firmware update… waiting for the next best alternative to come by. Ledger has lost one long term customer for sure

cryptowalter4572
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I left.

lirumlarum42
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Because they are now constantly checking for shipping updates on the Trezor Website

509BandwidthLimit
      Gast
      Up
      Down

We all moved over to Trezor sub….

Xorkoth
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Basically. When i wanted to safely store my crypto after having my bank account closed down i was told a hardware wallet was the most secure option. So i did alot of research into these things. Obviously my reading comprehension cant be the best because when i read about these secure MCU chips i still couldn’t quite grasp it. Essentially ledger made it sound as if the mcu chip cannot be tampered with/changed. I could try find the articles on these but i really cannot be bothered to fetch what i thought was something that cannot be changed/tampered with.

This feature allows for that, or at least for your seed to be optionally shared (i say optional as it makes no difference. Its another attack vector i dnt want.

I dnt have much in my bank anymore so its basically a high % in crypto. If this was to vanish well. Silly me. I got scammed by ftx and rugged by luna. Of course im skeptical/trying to get my head around this all

NckyDC
      Gast
      Up
      Down

They just left…

jaapi
      Gast
      Up
      Down

A lot of people have left, and Ledger leadership is no where to be seen

Edit: it’s quite funny that them completely ignoring the community is better than them patronizing the community…

Journeymanproject
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Think I’ll probably go with Trezor but feel like Ledger was always better before they lost it.

colossus_galio
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Is this a dummy account made by ledger? Newly created account. Don’t bother answering OP.

clipsracer
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Considering how emotional and illogical people have been, I honestly wonder if any of it has been bots. Trezor and BitBox made a killing off of this sub. Typically legitimate investors aren’t this emotional.

Ansicht von 32 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.