Home Foren Ledger Wallet Es scheint unvermeidlich, dass das von uns allen befürchtete Worst-Case-Szenario irgendwann eintritt

• Dieses Thema hat 46 Antworten und 1 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert vor 4 Monaten von Varnish6588.
Ansicht von 46 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Drei Schecks und wir sind alle raus.

Implementieren Sie ein Firmware-Update für das Ledger-Gerät, das es ermöglicht, die Seed-Phrase zu extrahieren: **Check**

Es gibt eine Reihe von Sicherheitslücken, darunter eine, bei der ein ehemaliger Mitarbeiter administrativen Zugriff hat, um Änderungen an der Codierung vorzunehmen, ohne dass es irgendwelche Kontrollen oder Abgleiche gibt: **Kontrollieren**

Check 3 wird die katastrophale internationale Schlagzeile **”Ledger-Benutzer weltweit verlieren alle ihre Gelder durch einen koordinierten Hack, der Seed-Phrasen von allen Geräten extrahiert hat. “** sein.

An diesem Punkt kann ich nicht erkennen, welchen Sinn es macht, nicht die kluge Entscheidung zu treffen, eine andere Hardware-Wallet zu verwenden, um Ihre Kryptowährung sicher zu halten.

​

ptmplop
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Maybe a good time to ask this question.. what is hands down the best alternative?

Guru_Salami
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Events like this undermine faith in crypto industry,

Eventually people will demand government regulated crypto banks with FDIC insurance, its the only way forward.
      Self custody has its problems, instead of bank you are still relying on wallet company not to screw you over at some point.

Electrical_Carob_319
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Am I missing something here? I have lost count how many same posts I have seen in the last day.

mreed911
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If my Ledger is offline and not connected to my computer how, exactly, whill it be compromised?

mitchz101
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Why are you guys so not in tune how it really works

ironmoosen
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Look, any exploit is a bad thing and Ledger should have used better security to prevent this. My understanding is when connecting to dapps with the Ledger Live app, some remote code is loaded from a CDN and this CDN was compromised to load malware and steal funds.

Having said that (and please understand I’m not defending Ledger here) this was an exploit that only affected users who were connecting their Ledger to dapps, which are always going to carry higher risk (because you’re allowing those dapps access to your wallet.)

IMO, you should NEVER use your main wallet for interacting with dapps. You should have a secondary wallet for this that you transfer just enough crypto into to cover whatever it is you’re doing and keep your main stash completely isolated.

Bkokane
      Gast
      Up
      Down

A seed phrase is a seed phrase. Doesn’t matter which brand of wallet it’s assigned to.

InspectorFar3506
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger hardware hasn’t been compromised
      Ddapp, for instance, if you want to connect to Sushi swap or Pancak swap, you are using dapps as third party, which happened to be opensource malicious code has been installed thanks to ex employee.
      The main concern is how the ex employee had access to the coding system
      I hope Ledger learns something from this fiasko
      Cold wallet should be used to receive hold and send crypto nothing else. There is no need to panic as long as you know what you are doing, you will be fine

Cold storage is meant to be just that, cold. Don’t use cold storage for connecting dapps, that’s on those that don’t understand that. Ledger is fine for cold storage when you use it for that. For everyday crypto interactions, move the amount you need to a hot wallet or exchange.

Human-Contribution16
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Just my opinion but this reaction seems like FUD. Why not just add the 25th word to your seed then there is no seed for “someone” to leak?! Seems irrational and overly emotional. The backstop already exists.

AdministrativeJob232
      Gast
      Up
      Down

This is FUD to get coins back on exchanges

trimalcus
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The real answer for extra safety is not to only switch to a competitor but to multisig with different devices with different seeds

If one device or company is compromised all your funds are still safe

bmoreRavens1995
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Stop doing dumb shit like connecting to shit trying to “earn” free shit signing shit downloading shit then shit will be fine. And “we” all don’t fear this shit….

Darkstang5887
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Don’t forget a while back they leaked all their customer database info. I can only imagine the money users have lost to phishing scams.

I was here waiting over a year for my stax. Now it looks like ledger might not even be in business to complete my order.

bigbowl_of_KIX
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I honestly am getting tired of ledger bs… yes the ledger recover was whatever and yet the people CANNOT explain enough the code blah blah… recover happened and is live, nothing

Now this… I would consider this an exploit rather than a hack. Individuals having a ledger or cold storage does not guarantee you are free from “hacks” it’s just a barrier between you and malicious shit. You have to CLICK shit… am I wrong? Down vote me fucking nerds – I would put an eye roll emoji here but Reddit doesn’t like emojis…

God fucking dammit hahaha

CyJackX
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Check 3 doesn’t make much sense; we saw how quickly today a Ledger issue disseminated on the internet, and most people don’t plug in their devices all the time.

Spica2001
      Gast
      Up
      Down

How do we feel about ellipal? They legit? I like that their device is truly air gapped

CaesarAllMighty
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If not even a cold wallet is safe, then what the f is?

Affectionate-Dirt708
      Gast
      Up
      Down

What proof do you have they know the seed phrase.

KangarooQuiet
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Stay away from Ledger. Mon conseil depuis la France.

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Yooo can we please stop with this fear monger crap. Not helping.

edapalooza
      Gast
      Up
      Down

“we’re”? you got a mouse in your pocket? Nah.

Sunvaarhah
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Nah, there is no reason to kill the cow in one blow when you can milk it.

Most probably what will happen is, some random wallet will be drained, even with the user following every good practices advice. Then the same thing will happen again, and again, and again. Ledger will just shrug and say its the user fault, he did X. Members of this sub will definitely say: “No hardware wallets have been hacked” >!yet!<

[deleted]
      Gast
      Up
      Down

[deleted]

ExamAccomplished6865
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Folks. Your 200$ in shib and 60$ in btc and 400$ in doge are all safe. You will not be millionaires. You will not own lambos. Work attendance in the morning is still expected and your rent is still due. Nothings changed.

ForwardSlashDotDot
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Is it confirmed that it was a coding change to the repo or just an NPM token? The former is a lot scarier, because the attacker could have stolen a lot more with GitHub access that they can use later.

luscious_duncan
      Gast
      Up
      Down

yOU MEAN I ***HAVE*** TO USE MY TREZOR MODEL T NOW?!

AdDeep3656
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Man and I literally just got my new nano x (purely because of wait times on Trezor) and now it looks like I’ll have to bite the bullet and front up not only the money but the wait time to get the trezor too. I mean is it safer at this point to put crypto into a hot wallet while I wait for my new wallet to arrive or to just not touch anything at all?

moonst1
      Gast
      Up
      Down

So many red flags and more to come… and yet, some stay with this shitty company and their products. Some never learn.

loupiote2
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If you are paranoid to this point, use a temporary passphrase. They are not stored on the ledger.

cee604
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Consider switching to Keystone Pro 3 or a Trezor. Easy fix.

r_a_d_
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I don’t see how any of that follows. Check 3 could happen without the other two, and for any hardware wallet!

gibro94
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Multi sig software wallets are more secure in a lot of ways. No seed phrase vulnerability, built in security recovery methods, guardian secured transactions, abstracted data, and more.

theKKIfirm
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I was already in the process of moving all my crypto off ledger and onto my NGrave zero. I have about $28 left in ERC20 tokens that arent even worth the gas fees to move.

KaneNuelle33
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’ve seen that update on my device, I haven’t upgraded but it says I should. So I ordered two Trezor wallets & never use Ledger again. I also use Metamask which had its problems in the past. I see this bull run as a time to make extremely large gains if you bought last year when everything was down 90% and also a time where if you’re not careful your crypto will become compromised, you think ftx was a big deal wait until they TRY to come for it all. Stay safe out there, gents.

knolij
      Gast
      Up
      Down

You people have too much faith in technology . I pray that the Sun saves you all from a dark future.

FalconCrust
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger screws up yet again and this time for sure costs folks a bunch of money. These clowns are starting to get on my nerves. Anybody interested in a slightly used Nano X?

MPH2025
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The CEO attends Davos, and world, economic forum meetings. That’s all you really need to know.

Niwde101
      Gast
      Up
      Down

have the same thinking. I’m now moving all my crypto to either Trezor or Tangem.

shoomanfoo
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Ledger is and has been a criminal organization since day one!!!! Y’all bootlickers keep trying to blame ppl who got robbed..but they’ve been at this the whole time

Crypto-hercules
      Gast
      Up
      Down

How do I get my coins off ledger ? I don’t know how they moved from blockchain to ledger. Help ? 😂

Dude-Lebowski
      Gast
      Up
      Down

The dude abides. Ledger, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

After_Balance6744
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Whats the best cold wallet for solana?

Comfortable-Rate-722
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I’m about to move to ColdCard, can I keep my wallet I’ve used on my ledger or should I create a new wallet (I’ve already engraved a couple of recovery steel plates)

antineutrinos
      Gast
      Up
      Down

do you carry your savings with you at all time? No.
      Multiple seed phrase and separation of usage is the way.

moonRekt
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I just bought 3 new ledgers ugh I do t think they do returns either

Varnish6588
      Gast
      Up
      Down

LoL I understand if you don’t use your ledger, your funds are safe, perhaps that’s their new business model. Security by abstinence.

Ansicht von 46 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.