Ansicht von 3 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      root_s2yse8vt
      Administrator
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hallo zusammen,

ich hoffe, es geht euch gut. ich habe versucht, herauszufinden, ob ich eine Passphrase auf meinem Trezor eingestellt habe und jemand mein Gerät physisch in die Hände bekommt. werden sie in der Lage sein, Zugriff auf meine geheime Passphrase-Wallet zu bekommen? oder werden sie nur in der Lage sein, Zugriff auf die Seedphrase-Wallet zu bekommen?

Ich glaube nicht, dass es jemand speziell auf mich abgesehen hat, aber ich versuche herauszufinden, wie ich mein Gerät am besten sichern kann und ob meine Familie im Falle meines Todes mein Geld zurückerhalten kann, wenn sie es physisch in der Hand hatte, nicht aber die Seedphrase und die Passphrase für die geheime Wallet.

Vielen Dank im Voraus! 🙂

pepesza
      Gast
      Up
      Down

Passphrase is not stored on device. Every time device is turned off, it disappears from its volatile memory.

Neeuw
      Gast
      Up
      Down

If they have your device and you are forced to tell the pin they have access to your standard account. Put a small amount on that as a decoy.

Additionally, you must enter the passphrase whenever you want to access that ‘hidden’ wallet. Passphrase is not stored on the device.

I you are ‘gone’ your family will need:

– your device + pin + passphrase

or

– seedphrase + passphrase

lifemagiccat
      Gast
      Up
      Down

I am also trying to let my family have access to funds when I die.

The problem is, when I give them a trezor with the seed in it, if I then die in 5 or 20 years or whatever, the trezor they have will need a firmware update, and good chance the update will wipe the seed. The only way to do it is give the seed to the family now. That poses a huge risk and defeats the point of a hardware wallet.

I was thinking, it might even be better to use a software wallet on a cheap phone used only for this and never online.

No easy solution to this problem.

Ansicht von 3 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.